HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Malkin?

Old
10-17-2008, 10:17 AM
freakin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitesadd View Post
Those all-star games tell the tale of Chemistry between two players.

Fail.
you're soooo intelligent.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Chain Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

man, i need the number of your dealer,
keep your Malkin, we never let Brown, Doughty and Boyle leave ...

Please ask another team for doing your rebuilding.

the only one i would offer for a cap hit like that is Handzus + Armstrong, but that will never happen.
So, the Kings are a bad trade partner....

By the way..... Elite Defender >>>>>>>>>>> elite attacker...
so, if you ask for Doughty it's Malkin +
This will be Malkin's 3rd year in the nhl. You should know who he is by now, but in case you forgot here's a friendly reminder:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gid=2006110108
http://www2.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2007020832

Chain Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Chain Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in all my time on HF, and I'm very confident it will never be topped.
I was left with the same impression after reading his post.

Chain Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Darth Sidious*

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
you're soooo intelligent.

You are right. He should have said it was an Epic Fail.

Seriously. This thread is a bastion of stupid comments. Your original one about the All-Star game is right up there with some of the Kings fans posts.

Darth Sidious* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Darth Sidious*

Quote:

the only one i would offer for a cap hit like that is Handzus + Armstrong, but that will never happen.

This is probably the single dumbest thing I have heard on these boards (and there are a lot of stupid things said here) in my long time lurking.

So much fail. So, so much.

Darth Sidious* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:18 AM
freakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psilencer View Post
You are right. He should have said it was an Epic Fail.

Seriously. This thread is a bastion of stupid comments. Your original one about the All-Star game is right up there with some of the Kings fans posts.
no what's epic fail is failing to see obvious sarcasm. If something seems ridiculous, it's probably intentionally so, it's unbelievable how many people need to be told that.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Trottier
Very Random

One's brain hurts from the swelling after reading the idiocy in a thread like this.

Trade Malkin!

Please. Take the fantasy team lineup, tuck yourself under the sheets of the bunk bed and leave the drivel at home.

It's lunacy like this that compels one to hope that no one associated with the NHL visits here. Embarassing.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

It's patently absurd how people think the presence of a mediocre player like Jordan Staal makes one of the top 5-10 offensive players in the NHL expendable.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 11:01 PM
benefactor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashJeffHockey19 View Post
If for some reason the Pens brass lost their brains and forgot that they recently resigned Malkin to a huge contract, while not overpaying for him value-wise, and he for some reason decided to request a trade, then I'd personally consider moving him for Heatley. Seeing the release on that guy is amazing and putting him with Crosby IMO would be the best combo in the league... Crosby does a whole lot better with guys that can find the soft spots... Heatley seems to do that better than anyone in the league and he can be successful without having to have possession of the puck all the time.
I'd puke my ****ing guts out if that ever happened. They don't have equal trade value, anyway. Malkin is younger, is coming off a Hart nomination, is only going to get better once he physically matures, etc.

benefactor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 11:05 PM
benefactor*

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Man, you guys out in LA are delusional. It's been so long since you got to see good hockey that it's getting to your heads. If your reasoning made any sense, why was Stamkos drafted ahead of Doughty, Bogosian, Schenn, etc? You are aware of the fact that Doughty is still technically a prospect and Malkin is an established NHL superstar already, right?

Old
10-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
I thought we had this conversation a while back. Some teams don't have 1 franchise player, while the Pens probably have 3. Unless they can get a team to give a top line winger (Kovalchuck, Nash, someone like that) along with a top line defender (Kaberle, Gonchar (I know)) and probably a bit more than that, I can't see them moving him. One he's probably a top 5 player in the league and will only get better. Two, they know what they have with the young core of guys (Staal, MAF, Crosby, Malkin, Letang...) and if they trade Malkin they would probably get older....Which the wouldn't be looking to do.

Bottom line, unless he demands a trade, threatens to go to Russia, Crosby tells the FO to trade him, or the Pens are in serious cap trouble, he wont be traded.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 11:17 PM
benefactor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammitch View Post
I'd be hesitant to do it and would have to think pretty hard, but I would offer Spezza who is signed to a long relatively cheap contract (comparing his to other players) at 7.0 Million a year for Malkin.

Spezza is signed to contract that will probably end up being 1.5 million a year less than what Malkin will probably make when he re-signs (guessing he gets 8.5 million/year). While Pittsburgh gets to keep the best 1-2 punch in hockey with Crosby and Spezza centering the 1st and 2nd line respectively.

I know however that Pittsburgh is looking for a winger, but Heatley is off the table. He has a NTC anyways.
Uh, what good does that do? Spezza is a center, not to mention the fact that he doesn't have equal trade value to Malkin, anyway. Malkin is more offensively dynamic than Spezza could ever hope to be. Frankly, I don't think it's a stretch at all to call Malkin the best combination of a passer and goal scorer in hockey. Most guys lean one way or another, he's extremely good at both.

Old
10-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB85 View Post
Uh, what good does that do? Spezza is a center, not to mention the fact that he doesn't have equal trade value to Malkin, anyway. Malkin is more offensively dynamic than Spezza could ever hope to be. Frankly, I don't think it's a stretch at all to call Malkin the best combination of a passer and goal scorer in hockey. Most guys lean one way or another, he's extremely good at both.

And I will add to that and say that this season he will win the Art Ross and Hart...you heard it here first.

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:04 AM
RazorRamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
Would you even think Malkin for gaborik,Brent Burns and a 1st,
As good as Malkin is, that'd be way, WAY too much for him.

RazorRamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Dupree13

No offense but I think some of the non-Pens fans on this thread, maybe don't fully appreciate how good Malkin is and will be. He has the makings to be the best player in the league for years. The word untouchable comes to mind.

People don't start threads saying the Pens should trade Crosby. Nor should they start threads saying the Pens should trade Malkin. In the eyes of most Pens fans there is not much difference between the two of them, in fact Malkin's size could give him the future potential edge.

Dupree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens15 View Post
No offense but I think some of the non-Pens fans on this thread, maybe don't fully appreciate how good Malkin is and will be. He has the makings to be the best player in the league for years. The word untouchable comes to mind.

People don't start threads saying the Pens should trade Crosby. Nor should they start threads saying the Pens should trade Malkin. In the eyes of most Pens fans there is not much difference between the two of them, in fact Malkin's size could give him the future potential edge.

Couldn't agree more. Crosby seems like a pretty mature player that could put up 120-130 pts per year. But Malkin has the size reach and tools to go further. He still even seems a bit raw. His potential to get even better is there....a couple years from now I wouldnt put 150 or more points out of the question.

Old
10-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Cliff O Malley

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrakaLangKovy View Post
Couldn't agree more. Crosby seems like a pretty mature player that could put up 120-130 pts per year. But Malkin has the size reach and tools to go further. He still even seems a bit raw. His potential to get even better is there....a couple years from now I wouldnt put 150 or more points out of the question.
Bold prediction. 150 points is like the new 200 point season. Everything would have to go absolutely right for any player to even sniff 150 points.

Cliff O Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens15 View Post

If we did not have Crosby then people would not be making these proposals. First it was that the Pens could not afford both. Now that has been blown out of the water we get these 'advise' threads where we should trade Malkin for our own good. Malkin has been compared to Mario since before he came into the NHL, especially that skating style of his. Both seem to almost be lazy out there, they are so big and smooth with that long gliding skating style, but you look up and they have blown by everyone. Deceptively fast. I still believe that Crosby will be the better pro when we look back on both, not by a huge amount, but better, but that there is some doubt says worlds about whether the Pens should ever consider willingly trading either for any offer.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB85 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Man, you guys out in LA are delusional. It's been so long since you got to see good hockey that it's getting to your heads. If your reasoning made any sense, why was Stamkos drafted ahead of Doughty, Bogosian, Schenn, etc? You are aware of the fact that Doughty is still technically a prospect and Malkin is an established NHL superstar already, right?
He only speaks for himself, that being said, i wouldnt trade Doughty for Malkin. Don't get me wrong, i love Malkin as much as the next guy, but i wouldn't deal our 18 year defender who already IS our BEST defenseman that can carry the puck. He's more valuable than Jack Johnson after only playing 4 games. Malkin DOES get Doughty+ RIGHT NOW, but i would not even touch that deal if i were the kings.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Mr Shanahan

Malkin for Kovalchuk...

Mr Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
He only speaks for himself, that being said, i wouldnt trade Doughty for Malkin. Don't get me wrong, i love Malkin as much as the next guy, but i wouldn't deal our 18 year defender who already IS our BEST defenseman that can carry the puck. He's more valuable than Jack Johnson after only playing 4 games. Malkin DOES get Doughty+ RIGHT NOW, but i would not even touch that deal if i were the kings.
Hey, your prerogative. One less crappy Malkin proposal for Pens fans to contend with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4ever View Post
Malkin for Kovalchuk...
I still don't understand why people bring this up. Malkin's younger, better, playoff-proven, and signed long-term. Not to mention the historical friction between Sid and Kovy. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to consider this, or any, Malkin proposal.

Why would the Pens deal Malkin? Why? There's not a single good reason. He's 22, a superstar, happy in Pittsburgh, and signed for 6 more years at a great price relative to his skill level.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Riiiiiiiight.

Old
10-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Yea...But Doughty is not an "Elite Defender"...At least not in the NHL....yet. He COULD be. But he could also bust. You never know. He certainly is a good player, but Malkin has proven he can score at the NHL level. Doughty hasn't proven ANYTHING except he's worthy of being a high pick.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Todds Chiropractory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
while the thought of trading a player of the caliber of Malkin seems basically ridiculous, in the cap era it's not so far fetched to think that a team might be better served by doing so...

While there have been teams that featured two "all-world" centres (colorado with sakic/forsberg comes to mind), the cap era makes it much more difficult to manouevre, and while the pens have done fine so far, it's hard to see how they will be able to properly manage it moving forward (witness both Hossa and Malone's departure).

I think they somewhat messed up in making the deal for Hossa, though it's a tough argument to make since they did make a finals appearance with him...

but when you already have the salaries of Crosby and Malkin on the books, plus gonchar and whitney, plus what they will have to pay Fleury and Staal, if they continue progressing, it becomes clear that having a very strong pool of prospects and drafting wisely is vital to restocking your teams depth, since poaching in the UFA market becomes quite difficult with your hands "cap-tied".

anyways, point is that a guy like Malkin is soooo good that no GM would want to move him, but on the other hand, there are a ton of GM's that would likely gut their prospect/depth pools to get him.

If the pens could land a "Lindro-esque" return for him, it might very well give them the kind of young depth that will allow them to be cup contenders for the next decade, and even perhaps give them better bargaining tools (picks/prospects to deal) to make a deadline deal or two in years where adding a guy late in the season might just push them over the top...

just for kicks, something like this:

to Vancouver-
Malkin

to Pitt-
Kesler, Edler, Raymond
Hodgson,
1st 08, 2nd 09

nuck fans might scream "massive overpayment", pens fans might scream "we won't move malkin", but IF he were to be dealt, a package like that would probably do the trick, and long term might actually pay dividends to both teams.
No thanks from the canucks.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Avim86

Malkin for Gaborik/Koivu would be something they could consider.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote