Mike Grier..

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Mike Grier..

According to rumours, the Stars are also interested in the services of right winger Mike Grier. Now forgive me for sounding ignorant, but do we need another right winger? Much less a checking one? We have DiMaio, Young and Oliver as our last 3 right wingers, and Oliver is usually a healthy scratch if all are healthy. Young might be in a funk but he's quite a lethal sniper when on, and he can't get his groove back by being scratched. That leaves DiMaio, who I personally view as a fan favorite who's energetic style and grinding games are quite necessary. I don't see the point of adding Grier, especially not if it means giving up something for him. Hell, even as a left winger he wouldn't fll a needed role as we just signed Corson..

Old
02-27-2004, 12:22 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
According to rumours, the Stars are also interested in the services of right winger Mike Grier. Now forgive me for sounding ignorant, but do we need another right winger? Much less a checking one? We have DiMaio, Young and Oliver as our last 3 right wingers, and Oliver is usually a healthy scratch if all are healthy. Young might be in a funk but he's quite a lethal sniper when on, and he can't get his groove back by being scratched. That leaves DiMaio, who I personally view as a fan favorite who's energetic style and grinding games are quite necessary. I don't see the point of adding Grier, especially not if it means giving up something for him. Hell, even as a left winger he wouldn't fll a needed role as we just signed Corson..

Combined height of our RWs - 4 feet 8 in.
Combined weight of our RWs - 100 lbs.

Old
02-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeyman70
Combined height of our RWs - 4 feet 8 in.
Combined weight of our RWs - 100 lbs.
His size doesn't warrant someone else being scratched. That's rediculous. If we want to add size, aquire someone who's actually an upgrade. That said, you are overreacting quite a tad:

Bill Guerin: 6'3 - 215
Jere Lehtinen: 6'0 - 200
Scott Young: 6'0 - 190
Rob DiMaio: 5'10 - 190

Old
02-28-2004, 10:08 AM
hockeyhomer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
63 gms 20pts and a -19... no thanks

Old
02-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhomer99
63 gms 20pts and a -19... no thanks
Yeah, a -19 on a crappy hockey team. He didn't have stats like that when he was with Oilers. And 20 pts for a guy like that isn't all that bad. Still, I don't wanna aquire him. We need some offense he is to much of a defensive player.

Closed Thread