HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Biron against a Chicago Goaltender

Old
10-16-2008, 11:28 PM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
Biron against a Chicago Goaltender

Chicago and Philadelphia both have goaltender problems. Chicago has too many good ones and tries to get one off the wagon to free up some cap space, while Biron appears to be swiss cheese at the moment (13 goals against in 3 games) and Niittymaki recently was operated on his hip. Biron still would make a good backup though.

So what what would Philly have to offer in addition to Biron (or perhaps Niittymaki) for either Khabibulin or Huet?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:00 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I don't think the Flyers can take on a Chicago goalie without exceeding the cap, even if the Hawks take Biron back.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:10 AM
chaosof99*

I guess that would mean the Flyers would have to give up additional players to open the cap space, wouldn't it

Old
10-17-2008, 12:18 AM
fullmetalninja

The problem is the guys on the Flyers that the hawks would want/need, the Flyers would never give up. (Edit, given the premise that the Flyers can't just take him without sending salary back)

Prepare to get bombarded with stupid deals. I mean sure we'd love to do Khabby + Barker (or another nice sweetener) for Carter + Salary dump.

But it isn't gonna happen.

-fullmetalninja

fullmetalninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:32 AM
FlyersCup08

Biron is not the problem, its that Jones, Parent, and Hatcher are injured on an already mediocre defense. It's tough to backstop that. Biron > Khaby and has a better salary. No way we do either of this, considering I would say Biron outplayed Huet in the playoffs last year.

So.... no thanks.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:42 AM
sg12lw

biron isnt THE problem, but hes A problem

he was average all last season too. he lets in way too many weak goals

he played out of his dome in the playoffs which i loved to see, but i still do not think he is the answer, i actually have more faith in nitty(always have)

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:48 AM
DinkusMaximus

Won't happen for multiple reasons. For starters the organization is extremely dedicated to Biron at this point regardless of his start. Secondly the Flyers will not take on a contract size like Khabby's under any circumstance. If this was even an option they would have picked him up on re-entry waivers for half the cost. The Blackhawks won't be willing to move Huet this soon either. They just went out and made a statement signing him. Moving him now would be a shot in the foot.

DinkusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Here are a couple of ideas. Although both teams have salary issues. Philly would have to move some salary to make something work on some.

1-Huet for a 2nd and LW Patrick Maroon
2-Huet for Biron and Maroon
3-Huet for Biron and Kukkonen
4-Huet for Nittymaki and 2nd round pick

Here is one of the not gonna happen ones but hey i will just throw it out there

To Flyers
C Dave Bolland
D Cam Barker
Cal 2nd in 09
Tor 2nd in 10

To Hawks
C Jeff Carter

Oh and as you can see i hated the Huet signing!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 02:44 AM
chaosof99*

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely loved Marty's performance in the playoffs last year and I very much like him as a person, but he has really stunk this season so far and it already began in the preseason.

He was completely outplayed by Niitty in the Phantoms game and in the Rangers game as well. While his performance last night wasn't horrible like against the Rangers and he did make some good saves, he let in more goals than in the other two games (although he would have probably completely sunk in the Rangers game if he hadn't been replaced after 10 minutes). His mediocre performance during last season doesn't help either.

If Niitty hadn't caught the flu, I doubt Marty would have started last night.

Now this is a hypothetical situation we see here. The Flyers need to upgrade their goaltending and Chicago needs to get rid of one of their huge contracts for goaltenders and I thought that both goals could be achieved by a mutual agreement and unlike clubs like Colorado, Philly actually has some decent assets Chicago could be interested in.

Old
10-17-2008, 04:46 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Here are a couple of ideas. Although both t

To Flyers
C Dave Bolland
D Cam Barker
Cal 2nd in 09
Tor 2nd in 10

To Hawks
C Jeff Carter

this would leave the hawks again one center short, unless you are planning to place kontiola on the 3rd line.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:17 AM
snolan83

Wow kind of premature, no?

He hasn't looked sharp I'll say that. But from the games I've watched I wouldn't say he has been the cause. The team has been playing like junk imo.

(I am a pretty neutral fan just try to watch as many games as I can and the flyers have looked bad. Biron seems to be getting hung out to dry a lot. He has let in a few softies but saying he is "swiss cheese" is a little harsh)

snolan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 05:37 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Aparently Biron has a flu. we'll wait and see

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Here are a couple of ideas. Although both teams have salary issues. Philly would have to move some salary to make something work on some.

1-Huet for a 2nd and LW Patrick Maroon
2-Huet for Biron and Maroon
3-Huet for Biron and Kukkonen
4-Huet for Nittymaki and 2nd round pick

To Flyers
C Dave Bolland
D Cam Barker
Cal 2nd in 09
Tor 2nd in 10

To Hawks
C Jeff Carter

The salary cap says hello...

Everyone is overreacting this early in the season. Biron is not the problem in Philly. He hasn't had a great start, but anyone who saw the game last night knows they have bigger issues. Everyone knows our defense is suspect, but every other area of the Flyers' game last night was putrid as well. If anyone should be looking over their shoulder right now, its John Stevens. That team last night wasn't ready to play, plain and simple.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Kaktus*

Can we trade Stevens instead?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
For the very first time, I'm actually in a mood to agree with this sentiment.

When your team loses its first 3 games, and gives the kind of effort the Flyers did last night, the coach needs to be questioned. Its not the loss that bothers me, its the way they lost. They did everything losing teams do, and in a situation where they couldn't afford to give anything less than 110%. That is the coaches' responsibility. It was a shameful effort.

Give Colorado credit. They were in the same situation needing a win badly, and they responded. The Flyers and John Stevens should take note.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
Biron is not the problem, its that Jones, Parent, and Hatcher are injured on an already mediocre defense. It's tough to backstop that. Biron > Khaby and has a better salary. No way we do either of this, considering I would say Biron outplayed Huet in the playoffs last year.

So.... no thanks.
Thats highly debatable.

Captain Conservative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Badger Bob

Does anybody really think that Biron would be content being a backup again after tasting a little post-season success as the #1 guy for once?

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Death of a Martian

I like how the shots last night in the 1st period were 17-3 Colorado, but everyone seems to blame Biron. Give the guy a chance to have his team play half decent in front of him, you have to go through 5 other guys before you get to the goalie...

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 08:15 AM
chaosof99*

If you would read my comments in the Flyers forum, you would see that I hold a whole lot of other factors responsible for the loss, but Biron is also a big part of it.

I did not say that such a trade would have to be made immediately, but I am not sure how long we can hold out on this or if and when Marty gets back into his game.

However, I believe and I think it is necessary that Stevens leaves the Flyers and is replaced that will drill some discipline into those guys heads. The performance yesterday and actually since the middle of the Preseason has been rather lackluster and yesterdays total of penalties and shots the Avs got shows this very well.

Maybe such a new coach will also help Marty to get back onto his feed, but I thought a trade must be taken into consideration if that should not happen. I explained above why Chicago might be the right partner for such a trade.

Old
10-17-2008, 08:41 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Haha, and a roll or two of Marty B's tape.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Chicago has too many good ones
That would be the day...

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:28 AM
martin27

What about this...
Carter, Biron for Seabrook, Huet
---
But i guess your GM would have to admit the Huet signing was a mistake, so i doubt it would happen.

martin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:33 AM
freakin

Biron is better than Huet if you ask me. Take this slow start as a positive sign for his contract.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:15 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Some people are unfriggingbelievable. Biron was such a huge part of the reason the Flyers were able to squeak into the playoffs last year. He was practically the sole reason they were able to squeak past the Caps, and he was fantastic in the Habs series as well.

Now, after four games this season(only 3 for Biron), coming off a season where he led his team to the ECF, people want to trade him for Khabby or Huet and a bigger contract. You've got to be ****ing kidding me?

So tell me, what then...would you like to do when Kabby or Huet are tending for the Flyers and struggle for a 3 game stretch? I guess we could just ship them right the **** out of town for an even bigger contract if that happens, eh?

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely loved Marty's performance in the playoffs last year and I very much like him as a person, but he has really stunk this season so far and it already began in the preseason.
Get your head out of your ass.

Through 7 preseason games(there were 9, he only played in 7), he had a .931 save percentage. Twice he allowed 0 goals, and in only one game did he allow more than 2.
Quote:
He was completely outplayed by Niitty in the Phantoms game...
Lol. You're too much.

He played the first two periods of that game, and allowed 1 goal on 22 shots. So apparently, that = being completely outplayed?

I know over-reactionary people like yourself tend to overlook the facts and just push the panic button...but come on man, get your info straight. Christ.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 12:28 PM
pwallll

I havent seen Biron play yet this season, but its only a few games into the season give Biron a chance.

pwallll is offline   Reply With Quote