HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 10/17/08 : Leafs @ Rangers

Old
10-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Dawes played very very well. He was very physical tonight as well.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:22 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
So we're supposed to play Red Wings tomorrow? Do I dare to watch? It feels like the whole team's in complete disarray for some reason and we can't catch a break.
rangers are playing good d. just not clicking on o. that can turn on a dime.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:25 PM
egelband

if the rangers want to play with the big boys they'll have to make some hay against detroit. plenty of potential excuses out there for the rangers - mainly exhaustion - but the big-time teams step it up.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:47 PM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
shoe(sjo)-salesman did it lol

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:54 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!TML97!! View Post
Just out of curiosity how has Naslund fared this year? What about Zherdev. He looked pretty smooth out there today, and seems to be gaining more confidence as the games go by.

Naslund has been brutal. He doesn't do anything, hell he doesn't even get open to receive passes. He has done nothing and i'm getting very sick of him very fast.

Zherdev has been very good, he coughs the puck up once and awhile, but he makes things happen and loves to shoot. Like you said, the more he plays with his linemates and his new team, the better he's going to be.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:56 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Great win. Renney, please put the lines back together.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 10:59 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Naslund has been brutal. He doesn't do anything, hell he doesn't even get open to receive passes. He has done nothing and i'm getting very sick of him very fast.

Zherdev has been very good, he coughs the puck up once and awhile, but he makes things happen and loves to shoot. Like you said, the more he plays with his linemates and his new team, the better he's going to be.
Actually, I kind of wish Zherdev would shoot more. I don't know if he's just trying to be selfless, but he's given up quite a few good chances by trying to pass the puck

I agree with Naslund though. Him and Drury need some luck right now

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
I think the lines were alright, I would just swap Naslund & Dawes for next game.

Naslund-Gomez-Callahan
PS3
Dawes-Drury-Fritsche
SBO

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:08 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:

Why Are you so surprised? This is more or less what I expected out of him. He will get hot evantually.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:15 PM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
I think the lines were alright, I would just swap Naslund & Dawes for next game.

Naslund-Gomez-Callahan
PS3
Dawes-Drury-Fritsche
SBO
sob ? or even bos lol

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:19 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Why Are you so surprised? This is more or less what I expected out of him. He will get hot evantually.
Because at the least I expected him to get into open ice so he could get his shots off.

He doesnt even do that.

Old
10-17-2008, 11:27 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

I didn't realize just what a peripheral player he is. He REALLY doesn't like to get in there does he?

He's like Jagr and Shanny but without the big ass and the killer instinct.

10-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Gutchecktime

Good game guys. Vali always plays awesome against us. Thought it was really cool the way your fans got behind him too. I thought the pace was pretty good despite the low scoring game and that we used our speed pretty well tonight. Unfortunately, we're going to probably be the second most talented team on the ice most nights I'd say.

Can we ask what you guys thought of Schenn? He's our bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutchecktime View Post
Good game guys. Vali always plays awesome against us. Thought it was really cool the way your fans got behind him too. I thought the pace was pretty good despite the low scoring game and that we used our speed pretty well tonight. Unfortunately, we're going to probably be the second most talented team on the ice most nights I'd say.

Can we ask what you guys thought of Schenn? He's our bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Didn't notice him. Which for an 18 year old..is great.

Usually the rookie dmen are making mistakes which make them stand out, didnt see that from Schenn tonight.

I've watched a few Leaf games this season though, when I watch him exclusively, he always impresses me.

He's going to be good...very good.

So glad you guys took him ahead of the Isles

Old
10-18-2008, 12:01 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Schenn was the best player on the ice for the Leafs outside of Toskala who played outstanding.

For an 18 year old that's pretty amazing. I'll also give props to that other D man you have from Sweden that blocked that Redden shot. He played well too I thought. The Leaf forwards though were brutal except Hagman who played his ass off.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 12:10 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Back from the game and it was great at least for me since i was there cheering and we did evntually get the win.

anyway, my thought (and this is completly random and is probably not true) but it is possible that naslund has an illness aswell i mean gomez did/has and they did play on the same line you never know.

Thats just my opinion/guess.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 12:34 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutchecktime View Post

I noticed him... and in a good way. He was making good plays all over the ice. I don't know much about him, but he looks like a bright kid

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 04:37 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Actually, I kind of wish Zherdev would shoot more. I don't know if he's just trying to be selfless, but he's given up quite a few good chances by trying to pass the puck

I agree with Naslund though. Him and Drury need some luck right now
The whole Zherdev "headcase, not a team player, selfish, diva, blah blah blah" is all crap. He's the furthest thing from "selfish" and you are absolutely correct - he needs to shoot A LOT MORE. Next to Vyborny and Fedorov ... Z was always the best playmaker on our team. Over the years, the crushing and demoralizing experience of being a Blue Jacket, and being cast in the role of Doug Maclean's favorite whipping boy, Zherdev lost total confidence in himself and in his team. The whole concept of "team play" was not something the Jacket coaches espoused. (And that's phrasing it over kindly.)

Hitchcock worked wonders with Nash and Zherdev last season. It was the first time since Z arrived in the NHL that anyone even bothered to ask him to play a complete game or gasp! backcheck. Renney will undoubtedly successfully continue Nik's hockey education and his growth both as a player and as person.

But boyfriend definitely needs to SHOOT more Nash and Z both need to continue to learn that team mates make your job easier ... something that's not been overly obvious to either of them in the past

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 05:09 AM
Pluckfur

Um, I think what I was trying to say there is that Zherdev actually needs to learn to be more selfish.

I tend to type too much. Sorry.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Well it's good to get the 2 points, and 12 out of a possible 14. I don't think we could ask for more.

But this schedule is going to show some wear & tear at some point.

Now we have to travel to a western conference game right after a home game, aganist the Stanley Cup Champions.

Are expectations flat? I'd say so.

I'll be amazed if we can beat Detroit right now.

We shall see......

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Matt

At least the game is in the same time zone

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Ola

Schenn is the new Chris Phillips.

And I think CP is the best defensive D in the league.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 09:05 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Renney should put the Naslund-Gomez-Drury line back together.

The little experiment with Callahan and Dawes on the top line was fine for the Leafs. It won't be for teams like the Red Wings.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 09:50 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Dawes played very very well. He was very physical tonight as well.
I didn't think he did anything great at all. Except those two chances that he had (which he shot right into the goalie) he didn't do anything special. I hardly ever noticed him actually.

BTW, that was one of the most frustrating (exciting, but frustrating) games I've gone to. I'm just happy that they won, otherwise I would have been really annoyed.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 09:50 AM
True Blue

Quote:

That's about what I feel like. Not yet panicked about Naslund, but there are flags going up. If he cannot be counted on to score at least 25 goals, then the offense is in trouble, barring someone's unexpected emergence. Unlike Shanny, Naslund is not even getting into a shooting lane.

Z has been noticeable every game. His dangling reminds me of Kovalev, but he seems to shoot more.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote