HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shremp

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2004, 09:58 PM
  #1
Staalwart
Registered User
 
Staalwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Shremp

If the rangers don't win the Ovechkin sweepstakes, anyone else wanna see them take Robbie Shremp with a pick like 4 or 5. Obviously we wants ovechkin, but since that is somewaht unlikely what do you think of shremp?

Staalwart is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 10:45 PM
  #2
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Not a big fan personally.as i said in a similar post, not even sure if he is the best draft eligible player on his team.

Edge is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:34 AM
  #3
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
isn't the general concensus that if we can't get ovechkin, we should get cam barker?

rickyrod is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 09:27 AM
  #4
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
isn't the general concensus that if we can't get ovechkin, we should get cam barker?
I would steer clear of Barker if I was calling the shots. I talk frequently with the father of a 2004 prospect currently playing in the WHL, and he's known Barker for years. Kinda heard some stuff that definitely throws up the red flags. Plus, I think he is overrated. I would not touch him with a top 5 pick.

Draft Guru is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 10:51 AM
  #5
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Why get Schemp when you can get Curly? nyuk, nyuk, nyuk,,,

Larry Melnyk is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 12:03 PM
  #6
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Why get Schemp when you can get Curly? nyuk, nyuk, nyuk,,,
That was awful...thanks for posting it before i did :p

Schremp is a good player, but like Edge said there are players better than him at #2-#5. Bolland, Wolski, Green, Olesz, Smid. If Sather is still GM you have to look at what he has done in the past - size & skating. Most of the Sather picks have been smooth skater's, of course, the Edmonton days are still in his head. All of TLB's picks in the first two rounds with us have been 6'2 or taller, with the exception of Blackie. Looking at that criteria, the top ten according to that drafting theory is(not including goalies):

Ovechkin
Malkin
Olesz
Tukonen
Smid
Chipchura
Wolski
Ladd
Green
Thelen

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:09 PM
  #7
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I would steer clear of Barker if I was calling the shots. I talk frequently with the father of a 2004 prospect currently playing in the WHL, and he's known Barker for years. Kinda heard some stuff that definitely throws up the red flags. Plus, I think he is overrated. I would not touch him with a top 5 pick.

Hmmm a father or a fellow junior player bashing a spotlighted prospect? Boy that's a new trend....

Seriously though, the biggest problem with Barker is they are trying to use him as a one man show. The kids average icetime is sky high.

The Kids going in the top 5 regardless of whether the rangers take him or not. I dunno how anyone could say he's overrated when not too many people are even familiar with Barker. the kid is the real down, he's just on a team that lacks depth and is being overtaxed by his icetime.

He might just be the best all around player in the draft, he's just as good as Coburn, Suter or Phaneuf from last year.

Edge is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:35 PM
  #8
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Hmmm a father or a fellow junior player bashing a spotlighted prospect? Boy that's a new trend....

Seriously though, the biggest problem with Barker is they are trying to use him as a one man show. The kids average icetime is sky high.

The Kids going in the top 5 regardless of whether the rangers take him or not. I dunno how anyone could say he's overrated when not too many people are even familiar with Barker. the kid is the real down, he's just on a team that lacks depth and is being overtaxed by his icetime.

He might just be the best all around player in the draft, he's just as good as Coburn, Suter or Phaneuf from last year.
edge everybody here respects your views on prospects can you give us your top ten and what guy you think the rangers will get with there pick?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:38 PM
  #9
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Waaaay to early to do that. With so much time left in the season and playoffs guys are gonna fall and rise, get hurt or just get beaten out for spots.

I'll give a sketch of one in April(ish) and than go from there.

I actually gave some of my thoughts on another post (i cant remember which) where i talked about the WHL kids primarily {which personally i think has one of the more intriguiging draft crops this year}.

Edge is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:38 PM
  #10
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Waaaay to early to do that. With so much time left in the season and playoffs guys are gonna fall and rise, get hurt or just get beaten out for spots.

I'll give a sketch of one in April(ish) and than go from there.

I actually gave some of my thoughts on another post (i cant remember which) where i talked about the WHL kids primarily {which personally i think has one of the more intriguiging draft crops this year}.
cool i'll search your posts and find it

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:41 PM
  #11
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
i just looked for it, its under "new avatar" on the page right before this.

Edge is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 02:06 PM
  #12
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
edge everybody here respects your views on prospects can you give us your top ten and what guy you think the rangers will get with there pick?
Didn't bother to read my post eh?

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 05:57 PM
  #13
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
well you're simply not on my level bluenote. I'm a filet mignon, you're dog meat. I'm a porsche, you're a pinto. I'm Edge, and you are not.

Dear God, I sound like I just cut a wrestling promo.

I used to do that in College or at bars as a joke with my friends, as my alter ego Tristan Phoenix, playboy, millionaire and future world champion.

Okaaay, Edge is gonna shut up now.

Edge is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 06:33 PM
  #14
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
well you're simply not on my level bluenote. I'm a filet mignon, you're dog meat. I'm a porsche, you're a pinto. I'm Edge, and you are not.

Dear God, I sound like I just cut a wrestling promo.

I used to do that in College or at bars as a joke with my friends, as my alter ego Tristan Phoenix, playboy, millionaire and future world champion.

Okaaay, Edge is gonna shut up now.
Your the gourmet around here Edgy

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
02-28-2004, 12:10 AM
  #15
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
lol, if i am the gourmet me thinks the kitchen should be condemned and closed.

Edge is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.