Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5: vs Colorado, 10/18

Old
10-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Caseman

vCash: 500
I've been saying it the past few games. He's dink passes from the back of the net are killing us. It was only a matter of time.

Officially changed the channel. College football will hopefully get this out of my mind.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Sony Eriksson*

I just used Turco's rookie card as toilet paper....!!!!!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I'm glad you've finally found one of the 16-17, how ever many, goals that we can blame on Turco.
See, the problem is it's not just goaltending. There is so much very very bad going on in front, from the turnovers to the PK to the horrible coverage, that changing goalies just won't fix it.

It if was just Turco, it'd be so much less concerning. You pull him, give him one of his week-long goalie clinics with Moog, and ideally he's better. But that won't help if the rest of the team continues to play like the expansion year Sharks.

Everyone wants to blame Turco, and he has not been the solution (which is what you need your goalie to be). But the problems extend throughout the lineup, and they all need to stop playing like crap.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Alistar

If Tippet doesn't play Stephan against the Rangers on Monday, that's when I start questioning his abilities as a coach... I'm in favor of starting Stephan and continuing to start him until he's giving up 4 or 5 goals a game like Turco is doing.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
See, the problem is it's not just goaltending. There is so much very very bad going on in front, from the turnovers to the PK to the horrible coverage, that changing goalies just won't fix it.

It if was just Turco, it'd be so much less concerning. You pull him, give him one of his week-long goalie clinics with Moog, and ideally he's better. But that won't help if the rest of the team continues to play like the expansion year Sharks.

Everyone wants to blame Turco, and he has not been the solution (which is what you need your goalie to be). But the problems extend throughout the lineup, and they all need to stop playing like crap.
Actually he is the main reason....Goalies are expected to make the first save and he is not even doing that. His constant out of position and lackluster **** **** of goaltending is what is killing us.

Old
Caseman

Quote:

No, I disagree. I don't care how bad the defense is, he's gotta stop at least one of them and stop turning the puck over with his passes. Bench him.

Old
10-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Kritter471

Starting Stephan will not make the difference with the rest of the team playing like it is.

I don't disagree that he should start, because Turco is not being a part of fixing things and perhaps Stephan's presence will shock the rest of the team into not sucking. I don't disagree that he should come in right now since Turco looks like he's crumbling the more this game goes on.

But, while Turco is part of what is ailing the Stars, he's not the main problem. He's a very significant problem in and unto himself that, even if it is resolved, won't fix this team right now.

Old
10-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Starting Stephan will not make the difference with the rest of the team playing like it is.

I don't disagree that he should start, because Turco is not being a part of fixing things and perhaps Stephan's presence will shock the rest of the team into not sucking. I don't disagree that he should come in right now since Turco looks like he's crumbling the more this game goes on.

But, while Turco is part of what is ailing the Stars, he's not the main problem. He's a very significant problem in and unto himself that, even if it is resolved, won't fix this team right now.
Turco is not right in his head. Benching him is more about fixing him than the team.

Old
10-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Alistar

Quote:

the thing that starting a backup can do is get the rest of the team thinking defense first. Razor noted during Mike Smith's rookie season that most of the Stars very best defensive efforts came when Smith got the start, because the first priority was protecting the rookie goaltender.. it's like when Turco is in net the Stars just assume that they have that safety blanket back there when Turco is in net and they start playing like morons.

If Dallas wants to have any chance to win consistently this year they've got to get back to strong fundamental hockey and stop all this bs in their own end.

If Turco does start again it should be under *strict* orders from Tippet to NOT venture out of his net. Turco can't be trusted with the puck on his stick right now.

Old
10-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:

Bench Turco's ass and play Stephan....Trade that horrid piece of garbage of a D man Boucher who can't even hit the net with any accuracy. Trade Ott who is constantly out of position. Trade both for pics and use the money to get a proven D man who is not going to fold under pressure. I swear this ****ing team is giving me an ulcer!

Old
10-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Kritter471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Turco is not right in his head. Benching him is more about fixing him than the team.
If you use that logic, I totally agree. Benching Turco for Turco's sake is completely rational at this point, especially because he seems to snowball throughout a game. As soon as things start going badly, he starts to try and do too much and therefore starts to struggle more.

But I wholly disagree with this notion that this team, with the skaters playing the same way they are now, would be winning if a.) Turco was playing better or b.) someone else was starting. The fix this team needs, not necessarily through trades, but in the change in the effort and smarts of the players already there, goes far beyond goaltending.

Old
10-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Kritter471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Bench Turco's ass and play Stephan....Trade that horrid piece of garbage of a D man Boucher who can't even hit the net with any accuracy. Trade Ott who is constantly out of position. Trade both for pics and use the money to get a proven D man who is not going to fold under pressure. I swear this ****ing team is giving me an ulcer!
If you're trading d-men, you don't want to trade one of the only guys who's not constantly getting been physically and/or turning the puck over.

I love Robidas' grit and his effort, but he's been the worst of the three non-sophomores. Fistric has been so horrid he's been benched, and Grossman hasn't been much better.

Boucher might not be hitting the net with his shot, but he's one of the few that isn't a complete trainwreck defensively right now.

Old
10-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
If you're trading d-men, you don't want to trade one of the only guys who's not constantly getting been physically and/or turning the puck over.

I love Robidas' grit and his effort, but he's been the worst of the three non-sophomores. Fistric has been so horrid he's been benched, and Grossman hasn't been much better.

Boucher might not be hitting the net with his shot, but he's one of the few that isn't a complete trainwreck defensively right now.
A trade of a significant piece like Boucher will shake them up and get them thinking that nobody is safe. That is what needs to happen to get their heads right again.

Old
10-18-2008, 02:58 PM
HockeyFan4Life

Send a message via AIM to HockeyFan4Life Send a message via Yahoo to HockeyFan4Life
Send a few to the minors, they'll learn a lesson or two.

HockeyFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Sony Eriksson*

22 goals allowed so far in our 5th game...What a complete joke!

Operation Tavares is in full effect!

Old
10-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Kritter471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
A trade of a significant piece like Boucher will shake them up and get them thinking that nobody is safe. That is what needs to happen to get their heads right again.
And it would make them worse.

All of the defensemen, save Janik, are significant pieces. If you're making a move to shake things up, then you need to move one of the problems to show that poor play will not be tolerated.

Old
10-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Alistar

... we can't throw out backup in to start a game razor?

WE BETTER ****ING THROW STEPHAN OUT THERE TO START A GAME THIS PROBLEM ISN'T JUST GOING TO GO AWAY ON IT'S OWN!

Old
10-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Caseman

Modano looks high.

Old
10-18-2008, 03:01 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan4Life View Post
Send a few to the minors, they'll learn a lesson or two.
Fistric is the only D that doesn't have to clear waivers. Neal and Brunnstrom, our 2 best forwards so far, are the only forwards that don't have to clear waivers.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
piqued

vCash: 3722
This is your daily reminder that Modano shouldn't play the PP point.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
piqued

vCash: 3722
nice Loui

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Good job Loui........Goal Dallas!

Old
Kritter471

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Fistric is the only D that doesn't have to clear waivers. Neal and Brunnstrom, our 2 best forwards so far, are the only forwards that don't have to clear waivers.
Fistric is also the guy of defense who deserves to be demoted the most at first.

That helps 5-3.

Old
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Turco is turning into Kippy...

I just told myself... this team ain't makin' the playoffs this year, unless we turn this sinking ship around.

Get rid of some of this atrocious "defense", and quit making shots from terrible angles! No one in front of the net, no one in the slot, people falling down, people not making passes, Colorado is skating circles around us like we're a bunch of pylons.

Trade one of the current bottom four for a competent defenseman, since they can't seem to get their heads on straight.

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
And it would make them worse.

All of the defensemen, save Janik, are significant pieces. If you're making a move to shake things up, then you need to move one of the problems to show that poor play will not be tolerated.
I highly doubt it is possible to get worse than we currently are...what 7 or 8 goals allowed if we move Boucher? Not much of a difference from 6 to 8..it still is pathetic.