HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trading Drury possible?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2008, 05:06 AM
  #76
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
I would trade Drury in a minute just to rid ourselves of that ridiculous contract, i love the guy but he aint worth the money, if there wasnt a salary cap then there wouldnt be a problem but there is so for me i'd love to see him moved but he has a $7.05m contract and a NMC so there is no way its going to happen.

I really think this time next year we are going to be saying the same things about not wanting to trade Drury and his "intangibles" because he'll come good but i just dont think he will, what we are getting just now is what we'll get for the remainder of his contract he is a solid player who's great on the PK, i cant even see him hitting the numbers he had in Buffalo where the system and players he played with were perfect for him.

He is being payed Superstar money and playing like a 3rd line player which isnt good enough, if the chance to trade him arouse i would hope Sather would take it and admit he made some horrendous mistakes with the contracts he handed out.

We need a Scorer, not because every team needs a Superstar but because we need to get the best out of our top line centre and with Naslund and Drury, Gomez is going to just have another 70pt season when we need better. Our top line will be producing what most other teams 2nd line will be producing which isn't good enough.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 08:12 AM
  #77
Hockey MD
Registered User
 
Hockey MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 738
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Thought Drury has a no trade clause in his contract.

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 09:12 AM
  #78
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV
 
UnderPSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Morris Co, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
For god sakes get over the 7 mil contract. Its water under the bridge now. Nothing any of us can do.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 09:18 AM
  #79
MikeyLikesHockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Intangibles...

Wow!!!

Who thought splitting up that top line would have yieled such good results.

Let's get a few things straight before you think Drury is expendable.

As of right now , and this is quite sad.

Our first line is Dubi, V , and Z. They have earned that on sheer point production alone.

After watching last night, Gomer, Cally, and Dawes actually looked good. And I have been screaming to drop dawes like a bad habit. But if he can score with Gomer, play that little guy. Callahan playing well on that line too....they are obiviously our second line.

Is it time for a Nas - Dru - Prucha line...try them out on the 3rd line to start. Or maybe its time to deploy Colton Orr. Its the only thing that hasn't happened.

I'm not getting crazy here, its just that the obvious lines aren't working.

So back to Drury, do you give up on your captain cause he's a slow starter...but Mr. Clutch.

You'll be kicking yourself in the ass when in the playoffs in the semis game 6, OT, guess who scores to win it.....

I would trade Gomer way before I trade Dru.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 09:29 AM
  #80
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMV View Post
For god sakes get over the 7 mil contract. Its water under the bridge now. Nothing any of us can do.

Will you be saying that IF say for example we cant re-sign Dubinsky, Staal or even Zherdev because we are right up against the cap ?

EDIT

Obviously players would be moved to make way but Sather shouldnt have put us in this position by throwing big contracts and NTC's at players


Last edited by z1co80: 10-19-2008 at 09:45 AM.
z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:05 AM
  #81
Bury Your Head
 
Bury Your Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Really? Scoring 37 goals and leading his team to the ECF doesn't deserve 7 mil?

Drury might be overpaid right now, but if you're talking about the 06-07 Chris Drury, I'd gladly pay 7 mil for him. The fact that he hasn't shown up since arriving in NY really has no bearing on the conditions under which he was signed.
That team was a scoring machine that year, don't kid yourself. And he didn't "lead" that team there.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:06 AM
  #82
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,050
vCash: 500
NO


he is the captain....it's 8 games in and they are 6-1-1....................He will be fine and the team has good depth

NO

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:08 AM
  #83
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,841
vCash: 500
Sure as certain Ranger fans will continue to be fickle whiners no matter what (even during a 6-1-1 start), Chris Drury will be the captain for the foreseeable future.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:13 AM
  #84
TehDoak
I Like Eich
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 19,687
vCash: 903
The Sabres will take him back, happily.

TehDoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:18 AM
  #85
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Sure as certain Ranger fans will continue to be fickle whiners no matter what (even during a 6-1-1 start), Chris Drury will be the captain for the foreseeable future.

Why is saying that his contract is ridiculous whining?

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:23 AM
  #86
Bury Your Head
 
Bury Your Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Through 9 seasons: Drury has 44 GWG's

Through 6 seasons: Kovalchuk has 31 GWG's

Through 7 seasons, in some of which he didn't play a full season: Gaborik has 41 GWG's

Captain Clutch? He's pretty clutch, but DEFINITELY not worth his money.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:39 AM
  #87
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMV View Post
For god sakes get over the 7 mil contract. Its water under the bridge now. Nothing any of us can do.
I'll get over it when he gets 30 goals. We can't get the Kovalchuk's and Gaborik's because of that cotract. Gomez is earning it, he's finally becoming an elite playmaker (not his fault Drury and Naslund have looked bad, because he made Dawes and Callahan look like legitimate top-six guys).

An accurate price for him is 4.5-5M. So far, he's playing like a faster Betts with better hands. That's worth maybe 2.5-3m. In any case the 7M is not intrinsically the issue; it's what he contributes relative to the 7M. Some claim speed, leadership and PKing are enough to warrant 7M... so I guess Sjostrom, John Madden and Jason Blake warrant 7M, right?

As for the Sabres fan- you want him back 'cause he clicked there. Here he's been like Mike York, Matt Cullen and Holik, three guys who, for us, were pretty good two-way 3rd line centers, but little more.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:44 AM
  #88
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Why is saying that his contract is ridiculous whining?
Because everyone on this board agrees that hes overpaid when it comes to his on-ice production. Its water under the bridge, its not going to change, and hes not going anywhere.

Hes also helped instill a newfound culture to this team that is very likeable, and so far, very successful. That is something you cant put a pricetag on. The people that are whining about clearing Drury's cap hit to get a guy like Kovalchuk and Gaborik are losing site of the big picture.

Replace Drury with Kovalchuk on this team and Kovalchuk would put up the glossy numbers....but this team would also probably have more than 1 loss.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:45 AM
  #89
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
I'll get over it when he gets 30 goals. We can't get the Kovalchuk's and Gaborik's because of that cotract. Gomez is earning it, he's finally becoming an elite playmaker (not his fault Drury and Naslund have looked bad, because he made Dawes and Callahan look like legitimate top-six guys).

An accurate price for him is 4.5-5M. So far, he's playing like a faster Betts with better hands. That's worth maybe 2.5-3m. In any case the 7M is not intrinsically the issue; it's what he contributes relative to the 7M. Some claim speed, leadership and PKing are enough to warrant 7M... so I guess Sjostrom, John Madden and Jason Blake warrant 7M, right?

As for the Sabres fan- you want him back 'cause he clicked there. Here he's been like Mike York, Matt Cullen and Holik, three guys who, for us, were pretty good two-way 3rd line centers, but little more.

Gomez is earning his big contract too? Thats laughable.

The only player hes successfully meshed with in his year + here is Nigel Dawes.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:58 AM
  #90
coolbean04
Registered User
 
coolbean04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
NO


he is the captain....it's 8 games in and they are 6-1-1....................He will be fine and the team has good depth

NO
Yes because going 8 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, -4 is the reason we're 6-1-1 and not Voros with 9 points and Dubinsky 9 points.

The point is if you take Voros or Dubinsky's production out, we'd be playing .500 at best.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 10:59 AM
  #91
coolbean04
Registered User
 
coolbean04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Sure as certain Ranger fans will continue to be fickle whiners no matter what (even during a 6-1-1 start), Chris Drury will be the captain for the foreseeable future.
I hate how people keep saying 6-1-1. Drury had NOTHING to do with that. It's EVERYONE ELSE carrying the team.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:04 AM
  #92
coolbean04
Registered User
 
coolbean04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Gomez is earning his big contract too? Thats laughable.

The only player hes successfully meshed with in his year + here is Nigel Dawes.
2008-2009:

Gomez 8 games, 2 goals, 5 assists, 7 points
Drury 8 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point

2007-2008

Gomez 81 games, 16 goals, 54 assists, 70 points
Drury 82 games, 25 goals, 33 assists, 58 points

2007-2008 Playoffs

Gomez 10 games, 4 goals, 7 assists, 11 points
Drury 10 games, 3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points

Gomez isn't earning his money? He's been HEAVILY outplaying Drury.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:04 AM
  #93
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
I hate how people keep saying 6-1-1. Drury had NOTHING to do with that. It's EVERYONE ELSE carrying the team.
Yes, Im sure the culture Drury has helped create as captain has nothing to do with the good start.

Lets dump Drury and get a me-first guy like Kovalchuk in here and we'll be even better!

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:13 AM
  #94
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I hate this argument....I don't care if the players respect him..the fans are losing their respect.

I ask you, who would you rather have on the top line? Nedved or Drury?

The guy is OVERRATED like nobody I've ever seen before.

"he'll come around" is getting old...

He scores or we deal him...somehow..some way...make Dubinsky the Captain now.
You must be kidding. (And thats to that post and your original one)

What fans are losing respect for him? You? One person because NO ONE is saying anything bad about him here other than the fact that his salary is extremely high. He is a GREAT captain, the perfect fit. He does everything you would want your captain to do. He was huge in the Victoria Cup game because it was HIM who turned that game around and fired up HIS team. Thats right, this is Drury's team and I'm all for standing behind that statement because he is a PROVEN winner. Its absolutely laughable to see you say make Dubinsky captain. Youre obviously not putting much thought into any of this. Dubinsky is only 23 years old (I could be a year or two off but its not like it defers from my point)....he has won nothing in his short career so far and thats not a knock against him at all, but its the point that Drury is the VETERAN who has EXPERIENCED winning and has HAD A HAND in the outcome of winning the cup, a huge hand if I might add. You're completely off base with your post on this thread because this thread is about is salary, NO ONE here is saying anything about his leadership skills because he has been a great leader so far. He has stuck up for his teammates, been part of the best PK in the league, has gotten feisty roughing it up with Langenbrunner when they played New Jersey, and the players whole heartedly respect the guy because his accomplishments speak for themselves.

I understand if people wanna come on this thread and talk about how high his salary is BUT DONT DARE SAY ANYTHING about his leadership abilities because the only respect being lost here would be for that person who mindlessly says that. Its just plain stupid, I'm sorry for the harshness. I don't post on here much because its hard to get your words in and have them noticed because theres so many people posting, which dont get me wrong is a great thing, but when you see something like this you have to say something because this is just idiotic.

And I'm tired of people coming on here and complaining about Drurys point production, especially if its someone, who at the moment we signed, was elated. And I tend think that was everyone initially until they saw the numbers for his contract. But for the ones who are still in full support of the signing (like me), dont come on here and complain because you knew what you were getting, Drury isnt gona score 50 goals. He wont even scored 40. 30 goals MAYBE. He is only overrated in the eyes of fans like you because YOU view him differently and obviously arent picking up on his true value, and instead expecting 45+ goals out of him. We got him because he can put up around 60-70 points and he is a GAMER and not some prima dona like we had been signing up for the past decade and not getting anywhere with. Drury can lead this team to a cup and if he does no one will be saying anything then, I dont care if youre a drury hater ^^^...If you see this team win the cup youll forget how big his contract is, and realize what he has given us. I know it hasnt happened yet, but he is the captain right now and this team "coincidently" is in 1st place with a 6-1-1 record looking like they could really go all the way this year.

GIVE IT A REST.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:24 AM
  #95
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
To your first point re: Jamie L.- I lost limitless amounts of respect for him when he did that...and is the main catalyst for my disgust with him right now.

I just don't like players like him...I'm sorry...I don't. This is hockey...not checkers. That's a Captain? not to me it isn't.

Our "Captain" just got punked down by Langenbrunner, makes $7million a year and has 1 point. sweet
I didnt see this post but are you serious right now, hold on one second....:laug h:

I'm seriously laughing at you yet again. Neither you nor Balej20 realize why he did that. Again you must not be paying attention to the game to see that Drury had taken a penalty because HE WENT AFTER LANGENBRUNNER!!! So when Langenbrunner came after him, he let Langenbrunner punch him so he would take a penalty too and the Rangers wouldnt be down a man.

WTF is all i have to say, cmon PAY ATTENTION AND LEARN SOMETHING

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:27 AM
  #96
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
If Jonathan Toews can be Captain...so can Dubinsky. Just because you have overpaid bums like Drury and Gomez on the team...doesn't mean it's their team. It's not their team...it's Dubinsky's team.

I was watching the Toronto feed last night...and one of the pregame dudes totally echo'd the above sentiments.
OMG againnn......TOEWS IS CAPTAIN BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO ONE ELSE MEANING A VETERAN, QUALIFIED ENOUGH TO BE THE CAPTAIN OVER HIM

AHHHH dumb

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:28 AM
  #97
Bury Your Head
 
Bury Your Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
You must be kidding. (And thats to that post and your original one)

What fans are losing respect for him? You? One person because NO ONE is saying anything bad about him here other than the fact that his salary is extremely high. He is a GREAT captain, the perfect fit. He does everything you would want your captain to do. He was huge in the Victoria Cup game because it was HIM who turned that game around and fired up HIS team. Thats right, this is Drury's team and I'm all for standing behind that statement because he is a PROVEN winner. Its absolutely laughable to see you say make Dubinsky captain. Youre obviously not putting much thought into any of this. Dubinsky is only 23 years old (I could be a year or two off but its not like it defers from my point)....he has won nothing in his short career so far and thats not a knock against him at all, but its the point that Drury is the VETERAN who has EXPERIENCED winning and has HAD A HAND in the outcome of winning the cup, a huge hand if I might add. You're completely off base with your post on this thread because this thread is about is salary, NO ONE here is saying anything about his leadership skills because he has been a great leader so far. He has stuck up for his teammates, been part of the best PK in the league, has gotten feisty roughing it up with Langenbrunner when they played New Jersey, and the players whole heartedly respect the guy because his accomplishments speak for themselves.

I understand if people wanna come on this thread and talk about how high his salary is BUT DONT DARE SAY ANYTHING about his leadership abilities because the only respect being lost here would be for that person who mindlessly says that. Its just plain stupid, I'm sorry for the harshness. I don't post on here much because its hard to get your words in and have them noticed because theres so many people posting, which dont get me wrong is a great thing, but when you see something like this you have to say something because this is just idiotic.

And I'm tired of people coming on here and complaining about Drurys point production, especially if its someone, who at the moment we signed, was elated. And I tend think that was everyone initially until they saw the numbers for his contract. But for the ones who are still in full support of the signing (like me), dont come on here and complain because you knew what you were getting, Drury isnt gona score 50 goals. He wont even scored 40. 30 goals MAYBE. He is only overrated in the eyes of fans like you because YOU view him differently and obviously arent picking up on his true value, and instead expecting 45+ goals out of him. We got him because he can put up around 60-70 points and he is a GAMER and not some prima dona like we had been signing up for the past decade and not getting anywhere with. Drury can lead this team to a cup and if he does no one will be saying anything then, I dont care if youre a drury hater ^^^...If you see this team win the cup youll forget how big his contract is, and realize what he has given us. I know it hasnt happened yet, but he is the captain right now and this team "coincidently" is in 1st place with a 6-1-1 record looking like they could really go all the way this year.

GIVE IT A REST.

I don't have enough time to read that book you just wrote, but I will say this. Drury has done nothing to deserve that "C" on his Rangers jersey. Great leader? I guess he's a freakin' magician in the locker room because it surely doesn't show on the ice, not this season at least. Clutch? I think people have put that tag on him a little too quickly. Prove that you're worth it first, then get rewarded.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:30 AM
  #98
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Yes, you are crazy. Kovalchuk >>> Gaborik >>>>>>>>>>> Drury. Kovalchuk will make ANY team better. I'm sorry but he is world class talent. Adding 40 - 50 goals to your team cannot, in any way shape or form, make it worse.
And yet he's WON NOTHING.....and the one playoff appearance he's had in his career so far....HIS TEAM WAS SWEPT!...by hmmm...the rangers yes

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:32 AM
  #99
Bury Your Head
 
Bury Your Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
OMG againnn......TOEWS IS CAPTAIN BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO ONE ELSE MEANING A VETERAN, QUALIFIED ENOUGH TO BE THE CAPTAIN OVER HIM

AHHHH dumb
Brian Campbell?

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 11:34 AM
  #100
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
I don't have enough time to read that book you just wrote, but I will say this. Drury has done nothing to deserve that "C" on his Rangers jersey. Great leader? I guess he's a freakin' magician in the locker room because it surely doesn't show on the ice, not this season at least. Clutch? I think people have put that tag on him a little too quickly. Prove that you're worth it first, then get rewarded.
3 paragraphs is hardly a book but I guess you dont read much.

You know what youre right, he doesnt deserve it at all, lets just give it to Rozsival or maybe even Betts.

He shouldnt have to do jack ***** to earn it. WTF do you want him to do???? Stand on his head? He plays hard, gets his nose dirty, plays a fantastic 2 way game that the youngers guys can learn from, does all the little things, is highly respected by his teammates and his past teammates all there is great things said about him....If youre meaning of earning it is by scoring 90 points then you need help

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.