HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse playing well

Old
10-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCoffea View Post
yeah, too bad he screwed up literally every golden opportunity to score tonight after his more talented line mates gifted him nearly surefire goals
What golden chances did he get? The only one he got was when he undressed a d-man with a toe drag and he missed the net. He did create one on Tanguay's goal and another one where Tanguay almost scored another. He also pancaked Jovanovski as well as a few other big hits...but I guess we'd be better off with Dandenault on taht line

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
hands of stone
Yes. Look at these stone hands.

And check out this.

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 10-18-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Yeah, he didn't have hands of stone, he had hands of feet.

Old
10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
lou4gehrig

Lats is now 12th in the league with 17 hits. Komi is first with 27 hits.

Can't really complain about him anymore. Playing with somebody like Tanguay will really help his confidence.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Corey

A pretty good job, maybe it rated a B, but it wasn't on a par with his linemates. Maybe he'll get an A next game.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Pax Macioretty

Well well, what do you know, Guillaume starts putting points on the board, going to the net and hitting hard when he's finally playing with offensive players? Where the heck is Passcheandale to tell him '' i told you so''. Proves one thing though, all the Latendresse haters we had this summer are just a bunch of amatures when it comes to analysing players

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Artyukhin*

Latendresse is a guy i never had a problem with even the "slower" version of him . He needs and needed time to grow into what he is now becoming at just 21 years young . 16 goals a year in his first 2 seasons was fine with me especially him playing 8-10-12 minutes a game and no power play time .

In just one offseason the guy has improved his skating in just a few short months the difference of night and day! Imagine if he can improve that much in a few months of skating lessons can it get ever a tad better over the next few off seasons?

If his skating was this good in Jr we would have never got him at 45.So lucky us .I believed it then and as i do now , we got another steal .Gui should have have gone alot higher .

Look at the top 30 in 2005 .

Some of the other guys taken ahead of him have yet to make such impacts.

http://www.nhl.com/draft/2005/round1.html

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 10-19-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
Latendresse is a guy i never had a problem with even the "slower" version of him . He needs and needed time to grow into what he is now becoming at just 21 years young . 16 goals a year in his first 2 seasons was fine with me especially him playing 8-10-12 minutes a game and no power play time .

In just one offseason the guy has improved his skating in just a few short months the difference of night and day! Imagine if he can improve that much in a few months of skating lessons can it get ever a tad better over the next few off seasons?

If his skating was this good in Jr we would have never got him at 45.So lucky us .I believed it then and as i do now , we got another steal .Gui should have have gone alot higher .

Look at the top 30 in 2005 .

Some of the other guys taken ahead of him have yet to make such impacts.

http://www.nhl.com/draft/2005/round1.html
Mr. Carey Price was in the top 30....has lats made more of an impact than him??

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
Mr. Carey Price was in the top 30....has lats made more of an impact than him??

who is Price?

Why did Gainey waste the number 5 pick?

2005 was great to us for sure .We really got 2 top 10 picks

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
who is Price?

Why did Gainey waste the number 5 pick?

2005 was great to us for sure .We really got 2 top 10 picks
so who would have been the better pick gilbert brule or carey price.....im still thinking brule....just because brule is in the minors and price is the starting goaltender on 1 of the best teams in the nhl....youll all c brule will be better and gainey will be fired for his idotic pick

Old
10-19-2008, 12:13 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
yeah, too bad he screwed up literally every golden opportunity to score tonight after his more talented line mates gifted him nearly surefire goals
He was probably trying too hard to impress you.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
so i guess there will always be lats haters...even after has more assists this year than last year...well not yet but almost still u get my point.....

Old
10-19-2008, 01:42 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Lats is now 12th in the league with 17 hits. Komi is first with 27 hits.

Can't really complain about him anymore. Playing with somebody like Tanguay will really help his confidence.
The thing I like about Tanguay is that he learned with greats like Sakic, Forsberg etc... He is having the same effect on Lats. Good to have him on the team...what a good trade that was!!!! Tanguay even said in a televised interview that he learned with great players and he is gonna try to have a similar impact on our young guys...gotta love the attitude and the guy. Great hockey player too...I forgot how good he is (as most of the NHL did) Thanx Calgary...one's trash is another's treasure. I hope he sticks around!!! Gainey is gonna have lots of work to do!!! The good thing with the players we draft/acquire/sign is that they are great individuals with great values. That is gonna help keeping most of 'em! I personnally would not want to leave and be inclined to give a discount to stay and win here because it's the best place in the universe to play when the team is good. The new era we entered last year will see us get Red Wings like... and then some. We will dominate the east for the next decade. With all we have has prospects/players/rookies I don't see why we would not dominate. I don't see gainey/Carbo/Timmins and co. turn into idiots in the future... Timmins will keep em coming...

Finally a good time to be a fan!! ENJOY!!!

edit:where did my 4 other posts go???? I don't think they were all that bad...maybe half of them... Is this one good enough????

Last edited by peperebougon*: 10-19-2008 at 01:52 AM.
peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 09:33 AM
mcphee

When he tries to make that Kovy move and make his way inside off the rush, I've got no problem. It hasn't worked yet, but he's finding his way. He isn't as fluid on the rush as his linemates but, he's a big body playing with 2 slick players. If he wins his battles, gets on the puck quickly, uses his linemates, he's a contributor on a good line. Last night wasn't a kid having a good game, he just looked like a good player on a good team.

I'm glad for him, I think he takes his progress seriously and his teammates respect that.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:46 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

I've always liked Lats but felt he could play with more jam and confidence, I think we are seeing that now.

I was definitely in the camp that wanted Higgins back on the Koivu line when he comes back but Lats is proving he belongs in the top 6. If they can keep scoring at this pace we could have 2 of the best lines in the league, loving our depth right now!

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 12:52 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

he just gets 6 points in 5 games ! waive him , he's useless ;With some chance another team will pick him ...

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
I'm very happy to see Lats playing well, in the past I've been a bit critical, not really of him or his playing really, but more of the favoritism showed to him when compared to others (Chips!!!).
He has however stepped his game up and Carbo has (or had) decided to keep him on Koivu and Tanguay's line in favour of Higgins because he had earned the spot. Good for him.
I'd go so far to say that latendresse had the most mature game of his career against the yotes. He was hitting hard (which we are used to), but his backchecking and positioning was tremendous and his puck poise was as good as I've ever seen from him. It took me longer to jump on the gui wagon than some of you, but after that game last night, I'm aboard!

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:17 PM
HotPie

I'm loving what I'm seeing from Lats so far this season.

All the criticisms we've had (too slow, doesn't hit enough, isn't physical enough for a big guy) are all starting to fade and Latendresse is turning into the power forward type player we've always wanted from him.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
I'm loving what I'm seeing from Lats so far this season.

All the criticisms we've had (too slow, doesn't hit enough, isn't physical enough for a big guy) are all starting to fade and Latendresse is turning into the power forward type player we've always wanted from him.
Damn, that reminds me. Nobody seems to have mentioned how Latendresse was beaking off to Sauer last night & got in his grill.

Old
10-19-2008, 01:50 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Saku needs a big body to give him room and not have him injured. To have a big body with soft hands on that line is a gift. The last few years we have heard cries of size, size size but now we have it some fans arent happy. All Lats needs to do is barrel hard north south and charge the net. His soft hands are a bonus. The season is early. I expect big things from him( 50+ points).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Seeing Lats perform like that is great, not only because he's playing with great players but also because he really bring something to the line. Koivu and Tanguay aren't the biggest players around to say the least, and having a big body like Lats to create space and get pucks along the board can really help an open-ice player like Tanguay. Sure, Koivu has made a lot of wingers look good in his career and I'm not saying Lats isn't benefiting from his teammates, but he doesn't look out of place and he has a role that fit him well.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:51 PM
HockeyF3ind

I'm pleasantly suprised with Lats....he seems to be able to actually skate this year...not so much of a bulky hulk on skates any more.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Danyboy

What surprised me the most about yesterday's game was the fact that he would win so many battles along the boards... I mean is it me or did he always seem to come out from the corners with the puck to either pass to the slot or back to the blue line? That s the kind of player Tanguay and Koivu need on their line

Danyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:31 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Well well, what do you know, Guillaume starts putting points on the board, going to the net and hitting hard when he's finally playing with offensive players? Where the heck is Passcheandale to tell him '' i told you so''. Proves one thing though, all the Latendresse haters we had this summer are just a bunch of amatures when it comes to analysing players
Excuse me?

Because alot of us hated/disliked/weren't impressed with what Latendresse brought on the ice last season, we don't know how to analyse hockey players? Latendresse did ALOT of things wrong last year, could he have benefited from playing on an offensively line last year? Obviously, problem is he never played well enough to EARN one. Sergei came in from right under his nose and stole Top 6 minutes from him, because he played a far more complete game.

Latendresse isn't last year's version with Tanguay & Koivu on his sides.. He last year's Latendresse, but quicker, smarter and far more aggressive. It's exactly what most of us "haters" said he needed to address. Weird huh.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 04:33 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Excuse me?

Because alot of us hated/disliked/weren't impressed with what Latendresse brought on the ice last season, we don't know how to analyse hockey players? Latendresse did ALOT of things wrong last year, could he have benefited from playing on an offensively line last year? Obviously, problem is he never played well enough to EARN one. Sergei came in from right under his nose and stole Top 6 minutes from him, because he played a far more complete game.

Latendresse isn't last year's version with Tanguay & Koivu on his sides.. He last year's Latendresse, but quicker, smarter and far more aggressive. It's exactly what most of us "haters" said he needed to address. Weird huh.
He meant that Lats haters aren't/weren't able to see the kind of (huge) upside that he has. And he's right. For everything he did wrong, he still showed a lot of promise.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Erik Estrada

Latendresse 2.0 is playing really well lately. I think there's clear progress from last season. There's no question that his best moments in the NHL have been with Koivu. If he continues producing like he is, he'll win more and more supporters.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote