HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The P.K. is getting it done and Harpo is the man!

Old
10-19-2008, 01:39 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
The P.K. is getting it done and Harpo is the man!

When Harpo (Mark Hardy) was an assisitant under Murray (Andy) we had a very effective PK unit. It very much sucked under Crawford. We bring Harpo back, and it should be no surprise to anyone that our P.K. is awesome, although who could have expected it to be perfect four games in.

When the Kings had not yet hired TM as a coach, and I met with DL (just before the Draft) I mentioned Harpo as a candidate for the coaching vacancy, and DL admitted that he hadnt even thought about Harpo. Whether I put it in his head or he just ultimately got around to checking him out, doesn't matter to me. I'm am just very glad he's running the p.k. and its doing SO WELL!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 01:58 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Enjoy it while it lasts:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...me=penaltyKill

Kings tied for 1st PK % with Minnesota (talk about good company from a defensive perspective) and Buffalo.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:09 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

and now until we get scored on we have to cringe during every power play thinking "Don't you say it Bob, don't dare you say it!"

Been a fun ride, wonder what our all-time record is?

If you really had a helping hand DIEHARD, then I owe you a hearty handshake and a thank you brew.

Harpo is the man.

Interesting point, I was reading some of the other GDT's from opposing teams and they seemed to be very impressed with Labarbera on the PP. I have to agree, in the last game he came up big and was among our best PK'er. I can't say he was the BEST player on the ice for us like he should be during the PK, he has been steady.

Something else I noticed that has helped even strength and especially the PK. Aside from our D being effective at pouncing on the puck and getting an extra body below the puck immediately to help take care of all those nasty arse Labs rebounds, to Labs' credit, he seems to have learned to atleast keep the rebounds to the strong side of the ice. Last year shots from the boards or the point, the rebounds would go to the weak side or straight to the slot, now Lababera is directing them more often than not to the corners or at the very least, back to the shooter so he is still somewhat in position.

Back to Harpo though, who definately deserves the lion's share of credit, it really is incredible what a difference one man can make on a team.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 03:21 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
When Harpo (Mark Hardy) was an assisitant under Murray (Andy) we had a very effective PK unit. It very much sucked under Crawford. We bring Harpo back, and it should be no surprise to anyone that our P.K. is awesome, although who could have expected it to be perfect four games in.

When the Kings had not yet hired TM as a coach, and I met with DL (just before the Draft) I mentioned Harpo as a candidate for the coaching vacancy, and DL admitted that he hadnt even thought about Harpo. Whether I put it in his head or he just ultimately got around to checking him out, doesn't matter to me. I'm am just very glad he's running the p.k. and its doing SO WELL!
thanks!!!!!

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 04:33 PM
The Hegemony Consul
Serial Ruminator

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=15108116&postcount=9

They're obviously not going to keep up this torrid pace for too much longer, but if they can just finish the season ranked in the top-HALF, I'd be thrilled...

The Hegemony Consul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 09:55 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post

Awesome!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote