HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Havlat suspended

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 07:44 PM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Prospal didn't connect, but I only just saw the replay of this Havlat "incident" now and couldn't tell if he connected or not.
He certainly connected. The best view is the reverse angle. He caught Recchi in the jaw/ear.

Old
02-27-2004, 07:45 PM
TelperiŽn

For anyone who's curious, according to Havlat and Jacques Martin, it was Havlat's forearm that connected, not the stick.

I can't say if I agree with that since I really couldn't come to a definitive decision from the video replay.

Old
02-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
He certainly connected. The best view is the reverse angle. He caught Recchi in the jaw/ear.
Thanks, I couldn't find it on the 'net, only saw the replay during the intermission of the game I'm watching now, and they only showed it twice.

Old
02-27-2004, 07:57 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
But not with his stick.

Old
02-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
But not with his stick.
Just so you know, Recchi had several stitches above his lip, which I doubt was from an elbow, though it's possible. I think that Recchi's sheild saved him from more damage, but I only saw the repaly 4 or 5 times, so i'm not completely sure.

Old
02-27-2004, 10:22 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
Just so you know, Recchi had several stitches above his lip, which I doubt was from an elbow, though it's possible. I think that Recchi's sheild saved him from more damage, but I only saw the repaly 4 or 5 times, so i'm not completely sure.
The thing about the visor is, Havlat didn't even hit it. It was clearly on bottom part of his face (I.E mouth). I also didn't know that Recchi was stitched up, but he wasn't bleeding after it happened, so that's a bit surprising. I'll take your word for it though.

Old
02-27-2004, 11:44 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Wow i knew this was going to happen. How can this, a clearly obvious and intentional cross check/high stick to the face, which was just pure retaliation just to being hooked get 2 games when Pierre Dagenais got the same 2 games for a high stick that barely seemed intentionnal, and when those kind of high sticks happen many times during a game. It just doesn't make sense. I'm not saying Dagenais didn't deserve the 2 games, but if he did deserve them, Havlat should have gotten at least 4 or 5. There is absolutely no consistency in the NHL for discipline, or refereeing or anything else in this league. But really, what else is new?

Old
02-27-2004, 11:54 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats_Hallin
havlat is just a cheap sob who wouldn't have a pair of balls if it wasn't for the instigator rule.
Havlat has more suspensions than fighting majors so gutless puke comes to mind..
I totally agree! thank you....

Closed Thread