HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game #9 - 10.20.08 | Dallas Stars @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG(HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2008, 12:09 AM
NYReign

vCash: 500
Awful game tonight. Only Lundqvist, Dubinsky's line and Betts' line (and maybe Naslund as well) came to play. The D corps was very passive and everyone in general seemed pretty burnt out. That's no excuse though IMO because as long as the team's M.O. is out-work the other guys we simply can't turn in a performance like tonight's.

Unrelated to the game, did anyone see Sam's late update about Avery and Giannone having a fight? http://www.rangers.lohudblogs.com I'd love to know what that's about...

Old
10-21-2008, 12:12 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Awful game tonight. Only Lundqvist, Dubinsky's line and Betts' line (and maybe Naslund as well) came to play. The D corps was very passive and everyone in general seemed pretty burnt out. That's no excuse though IMO because as long as the team's M.O. is out-work the other guys we simply can't turn in a performance like tonight's.

Unrelated to the game, did anyone see Sam's late update about Avery and Giannone having a fight? http://www.rangers.lohudblogs.com I'd love to know what that's about...
Heh, curious to hear about that.

Old
10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
The Thomas J.*

Giannone has been pretty vocal about Avery's departure from the Rangers as addition from subtraction.

Old
10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
paulytits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGRNYR68 View Post
i dont know how der could b some ranger fans who say negative things about Avery! I loved and love him and I am pretty sure that da majority of ranger fans love avery!!! Damn i miss dat guy on my team!!I have absolutely no grudge against him how can anyone after all da things he did for our team? just look at da record with him in da lineup and without!
AVERY AVERY AVERY AVERY AVERY
Miss u man
LETS GO RANGERSSSSSS
best post i have ever seen on this entire board.

obv. not a rangers fan, but sweet pictures from the game whoever had posted them. hows it feel to say **** sean avery?

Old
10-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Macke*

I know this may sound crazy but to get Drury going I would put him with Dubie and Voros...give the Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev line another shot.

Though Naslund and Drury did look a little better against Dallas.

Old
10-21-2008, 06:30 AM
beastly115

I think it's almost a guarantee that Renney will switch up the lines.

Old
10-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Avery comments on Valiquette??
Seriously avery? thats the best you've got? Picking on the back-up goaltender?

of course the game was boring, two of the best defensive teams in the nhl

Old
10-21-2008, 07:03 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

its obvious the boys need a few days off. last nights game was one we should have won in the first period. turco looked off early and could have been had but our lack of scoring ability- or hitting the net ability cost us again. too many blown chances and eventually dallas was able to get the lead and sit on it. boring hockey at its best.

this team this year isnt going to come back once behind and win many games. we are again a get the lead and protect it team. thanks to tommy boy, weve become the devils.

last night observations.

rismiller. why tf is he on the 3rd line tom? he did nothing good and seemed to fumble alot. i watched him in the d zone flat footed an watching all night. his line struggled all night just to clear the d zone. he just seems like his days are numbered. too bad, hes a decent 4th liner. get that tommy, 4th line.

rozy. he still seems to have long lapses defensively. and in front of hank, hes a puzzy.

dawes. although active, he looked like prucha out there. flubbed shots, off balance shot attempts while falling down, and just an overall lack of finishing what were pretty decent chances all night.

our entire offense again. shoot. puck. hit. net. repeat.

defensively its hard to complain, shots against were low, gave up only 2 and limited chances against. i like the entire defense a a unit.

please give us korpedo back. and fritsche. sit ris. trade prucha.

bottom line people, you give up only 2 goals against at home, you should win the game. you score only 1 goal at home, you wont win many.

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 10-21-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old
10-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Garv23

Hit the ****in' net!

That's all I have to add about last nights game.

Old
10-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Jersey Girl

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Stars Edition

I know they like to keep the number of threads to a bare minimum around here, but other teams have threads like this on this site, so I'm going to take a shot.

Here is my good, bad and ugly from the Dallas game:

Good

- Badly needed goal for Markus Naslund

- Did not allow Avery to become a distraction/focal point of the game

- Crowd was electric at the beginning of the game

- Energetic night for Scott Gomez

- Some great stories and pictures from Hank and Joel's sister

- Brutal stretch is over, team will get a much needed rest now

Bad

- Chased the puck a lot in our own zone and couldn't get out for long stretches

- Aaron Voros sprayed invisible paint on himself before the game - I barely remember seeing him out there

- Unfortunate bounce to Modano on the winning goal, but Girardi should have been covering him

- Missed the net a lot

- Didn't see the faceoff stats, but they couldn't be good. And even if they were, losing the faceoffs in the last minute took away any hope of a comeback

Ugly

- Last two periods were a brutally boring trap-fest by both teams. Crowd either stopped making any noise whatsoever or went home after the first period, not sure which

- Avery calling Vally a minor-leaguer, who needs to get his name in the paper somehow

- Very little offense against the team that came in allowing the most goals per game to date

Old
10-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Hit the ****in' net!

That's all I have to add about last nights game.
Amen.

Felt like I was watching an old Hitchcock Stars team. Rangers are going to have to get a little more creative in terms of breaking through the neutral zone against these trapping teams. Just too many cutesy lateral plays and 2 forwards waiting at the blue line for the 3rd to enter the zone on almost every rush. The Rangers had a speed advantage that they didn't exploit at all.

Old
10-21-2008, 08:55 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I know they like to keep the number of threads to a bare minimum around here, but other teams have threads like this on this site, so I'm going to take a shot.

Here is my good, bad and ugly from the Dallas game:

Good

- Badly needed goal for Markus Naslund

- Did not allow Avery to become a distraction/focal point of the game

- Crowd was electric at the beginning of the game

- Energetic night for Scott Gomez

- Some great stories and pictures from Hank and Joel's sister

- Brutal stretch is over, team will get a much needed rest now

Bad

- Chased the puck a lot in our own zone and couldn't get out for long stretches

- Aaron Voros sprayed invisible paint on himself before the game - I barely remember seeing him out there

- Unfortunate bounce to Modano on the winning goal, but Girardi should have been covering him

- Missed the net a lot

- Didn't see the faceoff stats, but they couldn't be good. And even if they were, losing the faceoffs in the last minute took away any hope of a comeback

Ugly

- Last two periods were a brutally boring trap-fest by both teams. Crowd either stopped making any noise whatsoever or went home after the first period, not sure which

- Avery calling Vally a minor-leaguer, who needs to get his name in the paper somehow

- Very little offense against the team that came in allowing the most goals per game to date
I agree with most of this. As for Girardi, he got beat multiple times. Easily his worst game of the season.

At least now they get a much needed rest. Hopefully they'll come out on fire for the next game.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Shake and Bake

Can someone please tell Drury the season started?

Old
10-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Shes not hot. Average. Love it when people blow it out of proportions.
Lundqvists sister - 8/10 very nice

Old
10-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Lundqvists sister - 8/10 very nice
Anyone got a pic of her?

Old
10-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Forgive me but what was said about Vally?

Old
10-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
Can someone please tell Drury the season started?
Yeah all those good passes he was making to his lesser talented wingers who couldnt bury it were all his fault.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Jersey Girl

You know what the team could have used last night? A shot in the arm...a shot of adrenaline...a shift by someone that gets the fans back into the game...that changes momentum...that brings energy back into the arena and onto the ice...a shift that takes a team that is very comfortable sitting on a 2-1 road lead, and takes them off their game...

Gee, I wonder who could have provided that?

Old
10-21-2008, 09:49 AM
bustoff

If any of you guys cheered for that a ss clown Avery last night, you're delusional. Somebody should've been in his face more than Dubinsky or Orr. I know you can't let that idiot get under your skin but jeesh.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:50 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
You know what the team could have used last night? A shot in the arm...a shot of adrenaline...a shift by someone that gets the fans back into the game...that changes momentum...that brings energy back into the arena and onto the ice...a shift that takes a team that is very comfortable sitting on a 2-1 road lead, and takes them off their game...

Marek Malik?

Old
10-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

I don't know, but its probably not a guy who has bounced around from team to team because he can't seem to get enough attention. Couldnt be a player like that.

Old
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Marek Malik?
HA!

One between-the-legs shot and the whole complexion of the game changes!

You know what, on a side note it should be mentioned Kalinin has been very solid for the most part. That's not what Sabre fans who came here told us to expect. Of course it's only nine games in, but it's been a pretty good nine games.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Marek Malik?
sandis ozolinsh?

Old
10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Forgive me but what was said about Vally?
Vally was quoted the other day saying basically that Avery was a disruptive force and that the locker room was more harmonious without him. Dubi essentially said the same thing, but never mentioned Avery by name.

Avery responded by saying that Vally was a minor leaguer (like Clarkson -- except Clarkson really is) and that he ripped Avery because he wanted his name in the paper.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:22 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

hmmm....

Where or where did our Shanahan go , oh where oh where did he go?

Closed Thread