HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs-Flyers Blockbuster

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
  #101
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
God dammit just give us Carter for Kaberle straight up and let all this madness stop.

Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Giroux-Richards-Upshall
Downie-Lupul-Nodl

Timonen-Cobourn
Kaberle-Parent
Jones-Vaananen
Draft your own.

Lupul is a RW, not a center. Giroux and Downie in AHL, developing their game. Nodl was called up. Those lines are probably for next year minus JVR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'm not

Cheers
Kabs for four former 1st round picks? One of them already scored 29 goals in his 3rd NHL year and 3 others make penuts. Get real!!!

I like what Leafs are doing. Hard working team. I wish Flyers were a hard working team but we are not. Well not yet. Good coaching imo.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-21-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
  #102
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
God dammit just give us Carter for Kaberle straight up and let all this madness stop.

Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Giroux-Richards-Upshall
Downie-Lupul-Nodl

Timonen-Cobourn
Kaberle-Parent
Jones-Vaananen
is lupul still playing center? i was under the impression that the experiment failed.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
  #103
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Kaberle + Stralman
for
Carter + James Van Riemsdyk + 1st
Can we all just end these bull**** proposals. Let us all understand...Carter and a
1st was the deal for Kaberle....LAST YEAR!!! This was before he played HUGE hockey down the stretch for Philly. This made his value go up..if even only in Philly's eyes. Today...Philly would not do that deal. Holmgren has gone on record saying that some of the best deals are are the ones you DON'T do!!!

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:38 AM
  #104
rebel diamond
Registered User
 
rebel diamond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 5,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFD22 View Post
The cap hits are pretty much a wash.
Ha. This proposal is pretty much a wash. Bah duhm duhm cha!


Last edited by rebel diamond: 10-22-2008 at 09:06 AM.
rebel diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 07:09 AM
  #105
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Ok. I can understand that Philly wanst to keep Carter. But, if they want Kaberle they will have to pay the piper. Try this idea....

Stajan (serviceble 3rd line center with upside)
Kaberle

for

Hartnell
Giroux
Upshall
1st in 09

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 07:38 AM
  #106
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ok. I can understand that Philly wanst to keep Carter. But, if they want Kaberle they will have to pay the piper. Try this idea....

Stajan (serviceble 3rd line center with upside)
Kaberle

for

Hartnell
Giroux
Upshall
1st in 09
i think the point is that the flyers don't want kaberle all that badly. he is clearly someone who would work, but by no means is homer desperate to get him. if the deal isn't right, holmgren won't make it.

as far as this deal goes, i'd consider it, though i'm not a fan of stajan. i also suffer from the hf illness of not wanting to trade first round draft picks. replace stajan with steen and i'd be tempted.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 07:44 AM
  #107
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
i think the point is that the flyers don't want kaberle all that badly. he is clearly someone who would work, but by no means is homer desperate to get him. if the deal isn't right, holmgren won't make it.

as far as this deal goes, i'd consider it, though i'm not a fan of stajan. i also suffer from the hf illness of not wanting to trade first round draft picks. replace stajan with steen and i'd be tempted.
Steen would require and upgrade on an asset coming to Toronto as well. I could see us adding maybe a pick. Maybe a 4th....


so...

Stajan (serviceble 3rd line center with upside)
Kaberle
4th in 09

for

Hartnell
Giroux
Upshall
1st in 09

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:02 AM
  #108
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Steen would require and upgrade on an asset coming to Toronto as well. I could see us adding maybe a pick. Maybe a 4th....


so...

Stajan (serviceble 3rd line center with upside)
Kaberle
4th in 09

for

Hartnell
Giroux
Upshall
1st in 09
the 4th rounder does little for the flyers. they're looking to compete this season, so a minor draft pick doesn't help. and i'm still not sold on stajan. it seems every other toronto proposal involves poni and stajan, which isn't a great endorsement to me.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:03 AM
  #109
mydnyte
Registered User
 
mydnyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,608
vCash: 500
Kaberle
for
JVR +1st

unless JVR is better than Carter, this should be more than fair based on the Carter +1st offer that was made by Philly for Kaberle.

...also remember that Philly offered the pick that was used to draft JRV for Steen at the draft

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:12 AM
  #110
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Kaberle
for
JVR +1st

unless JVR is better than Carter, this should be more than fair based on the Carter +1st offer that was made by Philly for Kaberle.

...also remember that Philly offered the pick that was used to draft JRV for Steen at the draft
2006-2007 called, they want their hockey knowledge back

basing a deal off a deal that might have happened a year ago is fallacious. carter's value has changed, and so has kaberle's. carter is still signed to a deal that keeps him an RFA. kaberle's deal (while exceptional) is now one year shorter.

you're also not getting JvR, since the cap hit would not work for philly.

on another note, when did philly offer the 2nd overall for steen? i don't remember that ever happening. care to share a link?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:16 AM
  #111
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Kaberle
for
JVR +1st

unless JVR is better than Carter, this should be more than fair based on the Carter +1st offer that was made by Philly for Kaberle.

...also remember that Philly offered the pick that was used to draft JRV for Steen at the draft
I'd consider that, and you are right.

I would just hope that we could get someone established back in a deal for Kaberle.

How bad would that be if JVR was a bust (not saying that he will be, but if he ever did become one...)

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:20 AM
  #112
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Edmonton Oilers traded Chris Pronger to the Anaheim Ducks for Joffrey Lupul, Ladislav Smid, a 1st round selection in 2007, a conditional 1st round selection and a 2nd round selection in 2008.

Carter is better then Lupul
Smid still trying to play in NHL in AHL now. Split season in AHL and NHL last year.
plus two 1st

Now Leafs fans want 4 former #1 picks for Kabs who is nowhere near Pronger. Pronger top 3 d-men in the league (Lindstrom, Niedermayer, Pronger, Chara, Phaneuf). Came to Anaheim with 4 year contract. Kabs has 3? or 2? Which is it? Does not matter.

Is Kabs top 10 d-men n the league? I think he is but then again maybe not: Some fans would like to have Gonchar, Markov, Timonen, Jay-Bo, Weber, Green, Campbell, Chara, Zubov, Rafalski no order etc etc

Think about it.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-22-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:23 AM
  #113
ThePiousInfant
Registered User
 
ThePiousInfant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United Nations
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Carter
A choice of Parent, Nodl, or Maroon
1st

for

Kaberle
Steen

ThePiousInfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:34 AM
  #114
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Edmonton Oilers traded Chris Pronger to the Anaheim Ducks for Joffrey Lupul, Ladislav Smid, a 1st round selection in 2007, a conditional 1st round selection and a 2nd round selection in 2008.

Carter is better then Lupul
Smid still trying to play in NHL in AHL now. Split season in AHL and NHL last year.
plus two 1st

Now Leafs fans want 4 former #1 picks for Kabs who is nowhere near Pronger. Pronger top 3 d-men in the league. Came to Anaheim with 4 year contract. Kabs has 3? or 2? Which is it? Does not matter.

Is Kabs top 10 d-men n the league? I think he is but then again maybe not: Some fans prefer in no order Phaneuf, Gonchar, Markov, Timonen, Jay-Bo, Weber, Campbell, Chara, Zubov, Rafalski etc etc

Think about it.
that's not necessarily fair as a comparison. edmonton's hand was kind of forced on that deal. still, the flyers shouldn't overpay for kaberle, which would probably hurt the team more than help it.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:37 AM
  #115
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
that's not necessarily fair as a comparison. edmonton's hand was kind of forced on that deal. still, the flyers shouldn't overpay for kaberle, which would probably hurt the team more than help it.
Well, maybe true but then again it's not like Kabs wants to leave Toronto too. Am I wrong or did he choose to stay there?

Don't you think Flyers can trade for Jay-Bo for much less. A player who is 6 years younger and much more physical and better on D. Points are not there yet but I believe playing for the Flyers he would score 50pts very soon.

I bet we would not have to give up that much at the dead line for Jay. 1st round pick a player and maybe a prospect is a very good value for that stud and I bet Florida would listen.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-22-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:39 AM
  #116
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Well, maybe true but then again it's not like Kabs wants to leave Toronto too. Am I wrong or did he choose to stay there?
yeah, apparently he turned down the deal with the flyers and chose instead to stay in toronto.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:46 AM
  #117
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
yeah, apparently he turned down the deal with the flyers and chose instead to stay in toronto.
According to Leafs media.. One writer mentioned Carter and 1st was the value for Kabs. So now somehow it is 4 former 1st round picks including Carter who did nothing but improve his value since then.

Come on! Get real...

If I am Homer I'd slam the door and give Fletcher a concussion.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-22-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
  #118
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
According to Leafs media.. One writer mentioned Carter and 1st was the value for Kabs. So now somehow it is 4 former 1st round picks including Carter who did nothing but improve his value since then.

Come on! Get real...
no, i agree with you. just saying that pronger's situation doesn't really apply to kaberle and that that was the alleged rumor.

don't shoot the messenger

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:55 AM
  #119
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
no, i agree with you. just saying that pronger's situation doesn't really apply to kaberle and that that was the alleged rumor.

don't shoot the messenger
Well that was the only comparable deal I could find. Sure, it is not perfect.
Pronger asked for a trade Kabs refused to be traded.

If you can do better you have my attention.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:55 AM
  #120
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
According to Leafs media.. One writer mentioned Carter and 1st was the value for Kabs. So now somehow it is 4 former 1st round picks including Carter who did nothing but improve his value since then.

Come on! Get real...
Man, you have to stop living in the past. Upshall at this point in time does not warrant a 1st. Either does Parent. Giroux probably does.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
  #121
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Man, you have to stop living in the past. Upshall at this point in time does not warrant a 1st. Either does Parent. Giroux probably does.
You are right, I am living in teh past just like you I guess.

How many 1st round picks Carter is worth? Is he a better player then last year?

and because Parent is injured he is not a decent prospect?

O yeah.. 1st round pick is much better then young NHL player on HF boards. How many your own 1st round picks currently on your team and how many of then actually penned out?

Colaiacovo very injured. Still waiting
Antropov - waited almost 10 years to get 50pts? wow
Steen - decent 40pts per season.

Did I miss someone?

Oh yes.
Tlusty still waiting. Nothing against the youngster.
Schenn see Tlusty.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-22-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:17 AM
  #122
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
You are right, I am living in teh past just like you I guess.

How many 1st round picks Carter is worth? Is he a better player then last year?

and because Parent is injured he is not a decent prospect?

O yeah.. 1st round pick is much better then young NHL player on HF boards. How many your own 1st round picks currently on your team and how many of then actually penned out?

Colaiacovo very injured. Still waiting
Antropov - waited almost 10 years to get 50pts? wow
Steen - decent 40pts per season.

Did I miss someone?

Oh yes.
Tlusty still waiting. Nothing against the youngster.

Carter is marginally better than he was last year...lol. Man he has a nice lil run and you Flyer fans thing he is the 2nd coming of you know who...

He still only put up 53 points. Whoop de doo!

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:23 AM
  #123
Don Nachbaur 26
Registered User
 
Don Nachbaur 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mount Joy, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
I don't see the Leafs or Flyers making good trading partners at all right now.

Don Nachbaur 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:31 AM
  #124
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Carter is marginally better than he was last year...lol. Man he has a nice lil run and you Flyer fans thing he is the 2nd coming of you know who...

He still only put up 53 points. Whoop de doo!
His nice little run throughout his NHL career better then Jokinens or Sudins little runs back when they were 23 year old.

How many forwards scored more then 53pts on your team since 2000-2001?
how many scored over 29 goals.

Mogilny & Sundin or Sundin & Mogilny? Maybe Tucker too in terms of total points I am probably missing one or two players.

How many of them were younger then 25 years old? Probably only Sundin.

Whoop de doo!

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:44 AM
  #125
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
His nice little run throughout his NHL career better then Jokinens or Sudins little runs back when they were 23 year old.

How many forwards scored more then 53pts on your team since 2000-2001?
how many scored over 29 goals.

Mogilny & Sundin or Sundin & Mogilny? Maybe Tucker too in terms of total points I am probably missing one or two players.

How many of them were younger then 25 years old? Probably only Sundin.

Whoop de doo!
What are you talking about???

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.