HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Ponikarovsky/Antropov Bandwagon

Old
02-04-2009, 10:58 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
The Ponikarovsky/Antropov Bandwagon

I'm on it. Both are getting on hot streaks. They're playing in a situation I'd say even worse than the Rangers talentwise, Dominic Moore is their 2nd line center...Last night against Florida they both scored their 16th goals of the season. I'd be ecstatic about one or both of these guys coming in. Burke likes bigger players so send Voros in a deal with a 2nd rounder and Prucha and/or Dawes. If they want, mid-level prospects like Dupont, Potter, etc. would be fine IMO to deal as well. Ponikkarovsky is under contract through next season and is a 2.1 cap hit.

Antropov is an UFA after this year, but is a 2 mil cap hit. If they're together we at least get Ponikarovsky for the next season, and Antopov could be a rental and if he plays well we can make a contract offer. Both are the size we need and we don't need to baby them into the line-up like we will/would have to with Anisimov/Grachev.

Antropov 6'6" 230 lbs. 16 G 22 A 38 Pts
Ponikarovsky 6'4" 220 lbs. 16 G 18 A 34 Pts

Lets say we gave up Dawes, Prucha, AND Voros for them. Toronto could use depth at forward with potential(Dawes and Prucha). Voros gives them size in exchange. We throw in a draft pick as well perhaps.

Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Ponikarovsky-Drury-Zherdev
Korpikoski-Dubinsky-Callahan
Orr-Betts-Sjostrom

I love the way those lines look, you have size on every line. Not sure who you call-up to be your healthy scratch, maybe see if Rissmiller will clear waivers again? A minor problem to deal with if we could make this happen.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:06 AM
asparkoflife

Why in gods name would Toronto give up their 2 biggest scoring threats for 3 forwards who have done nothing this season???

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:14 AM
TheHotRock

we'd have to give up a 1st to get both of them. i'd consider it.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Captain Monglobster

Jesus Christ.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
we'd have to give up a 1st to get both of them. i'd consider it.
As would I, IF the Rangers managment thinks there is any chance to sign Antropov to an extension.

Id love to have both of them for the next few years.

However I dont think its unreasonable to think Dawes, Prucha 2nd, 3rd/4th could get it done.

These are guys that CAN produce and are just not given the minutes to.

Voros has zero value.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:25 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I would love both, although if Antropov is a UFA, I don't really see the point unless Burke wants Redden (please?) as part of the package the other way.

Also, if he loves size why would he trade THESE guys for Dawes & Prucha? I understand that he's in sell mode, but I highly doubt that'd be the exchange he's looking for, picks included or not.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I'm not really a big Antropov fan.

Ponikarovsky on the other hand, a nice player. Not sure what TML gets from trading away a player of his caliber with a modest contract unless they're compensated with a package that's worth more than he is.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:29 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I'm on it. Both are getting on hot streaks. They're playing in a situation I'd say even worse than the Rangers talentwise, Dominic Moore is their 2nd line center...Last night against Florida they both scored their 16th goals of the season. I'd be ecstatic about one or both of these guys coming in. Burke likes bigger players so send Voros in a deal with a 2nd rounder and Prucha and/or Dawes. If they want, mid-level prospects like Dupont, Potter, etc. would be fine IMO to deal as well. Ponikkarovsky is under contract through next season and is a 2.1 cap hit.
are you reading what you write? And that deal doesn't make any sense. Toronto would fart in your general direction.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Vitto79

I like both of these players for their size and they can score

Antropov is the better scorer and I really only think their is room for one top 6......I think Poni is a Callahan type who can chip in offensively but better suited for 3rd line/PK minutes

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
lol. deal our scraps for Toronto's most valueable foward.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:

Antropov is an UFA after this year, but is a 2 mil cap hit. If they're together we at least get Ponikarovsky for the next season, and Antopov could be a rental and if he plays well we can make a contract offer. Both are the size we need and we don't need to baby them into the line-up like we will/would have to with Anisimov/Grachev.

Lets say we gave up Dawes, Prucha, AND Voros for them. Toronto could use depth at forward with potential(Dawes and Prucha). Voros gives them size in exchange. We throw in a draft pick as well perhaps.

Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Orr-Betts-Sjostrom

I love the way those lines look, you have size on every line. Not sure who you call-up to be your healthy scratch, maybe see if Rissmiller will clear waivers again? A minor problem to deal with if we could make this happen.
I LOVE this trade! Get it done, Slats!

Alas, there's always a BUT...

God danged Burke wouldn't do it!

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:23 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
I would rather just take Antropov...don't need Ponikarovsky. Altho if we did re-sign antropov it would probably be for some ridiculous contract that would just add on to the ones we have already.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Toronto is going to want and will get at least a legit prospect or a decent pick for each of those goes. Prucha and Voros can't be considered either of these. I am not for trading anything of any value for a rental so that rules out Antropov. Ponikarovski is interesting but with another year on his contract may get more than just a single pick or prospect and I don't know if I'd want to give up that much for him. I could see the leafs keeping him until next year if they don't get the right offer.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:38 PM
OverTheCap

As RangerBoy said in an earlier thread, the Rangers will have $300,000 left under the cap at the trade deadline. I highly doubt the Maple Leafs would do the aforementioned trade anyway but we are not giving up enough salary to stay under the cap.

Slats will probably do what he always does at the trade deadline, make some minor moves and that's it. And he hasn't traded for a rental player since Sykora so I think it's something he'd rather avoid. I just hope Sather avoids more reclamation projects such as Backman....

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
If they want, mid-level prospects like Dupont, Potter, etc. would be fine IMO to deal as well.
What NYR fans call "mid-level prospects" are really not. Potter is a buture no. 6 d-man, and Dupont, as of now, is not on the road to the NHL. Hagelin, Stepan, Korpikoski - they're our mid-level prospects right now.

In contrast, Leafs fans a couple months ago told me they'd welcome Dawes at the expense of either of these guys. If Clark thinks the same, it should be done immediately. Dawes brings nothing to the team... nor do 17 or 18 others, but Dawes wouldn't be missed, and he probably has more value than Prucha, who you'd have to pay to unload.

Voros might be big, but he's just as miserably ineffectual. Why would the Leafs trade a big guy who's good for a big guy who sucks/

In this case, size doesn't matter.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

First of all, the Leafs would never do this trade. They are looking for first and second round picks, and if that is the cost for these two underachievers, I'll easily say thanks but no thanks. We have enough underachievers already.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 07:26 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Why the hell would we even want Antropov?

He's been an absolute DUD in the playoffs.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

Its been 5 years since he's been IN the playoffs, and he was 22 years old and on line 3. That logic is BRILLIANT.

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 07:48 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

I'll take Antropov in a second. How bout Prucha and a draft pick. I think it would be great if we could get him here. Could be a point producer for years to come for us.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 07:55 PM
In The Flesh

Only guy I want from the leaves is Jamal Mayers.

Voros, 27 yrs old (1.2 this yr, .900 for the next 2)

for

Mayers, 34 yrs old (1.4 this yr, 1.4 next)

makes sense for us and TO

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

the way were going, we wont have to worry about that.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 08:03 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:

Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Orr-Betts-Sjostrom

why is it some people continue to think that teams will give us something of value for guys that cant even stay in our weak lineup.

makes no sense.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 08:25 PM
satrabyk

[QUOTE=RangerFan10;17717297]I'm on it. Both are getting on hot streaks. They're playing in a situation I'd say even worse than the Rangers talentwise, Dominic Moore is their 2nd line center...Last night against Florida they both scored their 16th goals of the season. I'd be ecstatic about one or both of these guys coming in. Burke likes bigger players so send Voros in a deal with a 2nd rounder and Prucha and/or Dawes. If they want, mid-level prospects like Dupont, Potter, etc. would be fine IMO to deal as well. Ponikkarovsky is under contract through next season and is a 2.1 cap hit.

Ponikarovsky 6'4" 220 lbs. 16 G 18 A 34 P

Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Orr-Betts-Sjostrom

I love the way those lines look, you have size on every line. Not sure who you call-up to be your healthy scratch, maybe see if Rissmiller will clear waivers again? A minor problem to deal with if we could make this happen.[/Q

Upfront if we cannot pick up a kovalchuk, then a guy like Antropov or ponny are actually worth a look. Those two i think are actually good plus minus players aswell. I also like these guys because, for one they are used to big cities and they are guys who can play well agianst the boards which o think we really are endire need of. Good post and i hope we add some players.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Nyr10

the rangers cause use both of these guys for in front of the net for there power play because they don't really have any big guys to screen the goalies on the power play

Nyr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 11:47 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
are you reading what you write? And that deal doesn't make any sense. Toronto would fart in your general direction.
my point was they would want some sort of size in return since they are giving up two big players and getting Dawes/Prucha, two smaller players.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote