HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prucha, Korpokoski and Rissmiller

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2008, 08:52 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Rissmiller blows.

And I do not know why, in a million years he would put him on a struggling line with Drury and Naslund.

Old
10-21-2008, 08:53 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
I think this year Prucha has not been so easily knocked off the puck. He's held his own and I would love to see him play, but who do we take out is the question?
Prucha was playing the best out of the third line "contenders". That said, I think it's time to trade him up since it doesn't seem like Renney will give him an actual shot on this team. Playing a game here and there with different linemates is not a fair shot, especially with the chemistry issues on this team.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Prucha was playing the best out of the third line "contenders". That said, I think it's time to trade him up since it doesn't seem like Renney will give him an actual shot on this team. Playing a game here and there with different linemates is not a fair shot, especially with the chemistry issues on this team.
The question is what is a fair shot?

Seems like Renney is giving everyone of these players a shot to show what they can do, even giving a guy like Rissmiller top linemates. Unfortunately not everyone dresses every game, I think he's been more than fair to the guys once they do get in the lineup.

The team is still a work in progress, fans are the ones not being patient.

Oh, btw, we are 6-2-1.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Rissmiller should be done after last nights performance, but I'm sure Renney will give him another shot.

I'd bump Korpikoski up to the Gomez line with Naslund. Naslund and Gomez showed chemistry in the preseason before Drury wound up on that line, and I think Korpikoski has the speed and the ability to shoot of the rush that would mesh well with Gomez.

Put Dawes, Drury and Callahan back together since they were doing well at the end of last year.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:28 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Rissmiller should be done after last nights performance, but I'm sure Renney will give him another shot.

I'd bump Korpikoski up to the Gomez line with Naslund. Naslund and Gomez showed chemistry in the preseason before Drury wound up on that line, and I think Korpikoski has the speed and the ability to shoot of the rush that would mesh well with Gomez.

Put Dawes, Drury and Callahan back together since they were doing well at the end of last year.
The Problem with this is that GOmer and Naslund don't play well together.

Waive Pismiller, Keep Fritche, demote Korpedo, and put Prucha on the line with Drury and Naslund.

Let them play the 3rd line for a few games. I've never seen a player so mishandled as Prucha. He has played better than Drury and Naslund combined yet is continually scratched.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Rotang

Would a pick suffice for Prucha?

Depending on the price, I could see the Canucks having interest with Demitra going down and Pyatt being less than adequate for the second line.

Old
10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotang View Post
Absolutely.

10-21-2008, 10:54 AM
drewcon40

Drumez, MikeyG - Why do you want to demote Korpikosi?

Old
10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Celestial Black

Simply put...trade Pru and Rissmiller for picks if we can get them. Send Korps down or leave him a spot.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Rissmiller's failure to get the puck out
Shark fan here. If I had a nickel for everytime I said the above quote, I'd be a millionaire.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
frozenH20

Rissmiller is a mystery. I didn’t understand why he was signed. On paper, he’s just another 4th liner / penalty killer. Before last nights’ game, I already thought he was worse than what we already have on tap. He’s not particularly fast, physically strong, or enthusiastic. He’s done nothing to earn a spot on the payroll, yet some how earned a chance to play on 1st line by doing nothing more than sitting on the bench the longest. In my mind, last nights’ game reconfirmed a history of making mental mistakes and bad passes.

Korpokoski was the best rookie out of camp. He looked great as the 3rd center in the preseason games, but less confident afterwards. I’ve not noticed any glaring problems, just not sure he’s ready to play wing or center above the third line. I could see sending him back to Harford for some retooling / not having to go through waivers.

Frische looks a lot like a less gritty Callahan with more potential offensive upside. Against smaller teams, swapping Orr with Frische could increase the goal output.

Prucha is a conundrum. Thus far, he seems to be doing everything better than before – except finishing. I really think they need to trade him, play him or set up an opportunity to make the decision more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post

Waive Pismiller, Keep Fritche, demote Korpedo, and put Prucha on the line with Drury and Naslund.

Let them play the 3rd line for a few games. I've never seen a player so mishandled as Prucha. He has played better than Drury and Naslund combined yet is continually scratched.
I agree Gomez and Naslund don’t mix well; Gomez plays an up where Naslund plays a down tempo style game. I also agree that Prucha has played better than Drury and Naslund. Both has had and missed a lot of scoring opportunities – whiffing shots, firing slow grapefruits on net or missing completely.

In my mind, Pruchas’ ideal litmus test would be playing with Gomez, and on the power play. With Gomez on the 3rd line, I’d swap Prucha with Dawes and move Dawes with Drury. I think Dawes is next best available forward who can carry, shoot the puck and allow Drury to focus on rebounds. Gomez can set-up / put the puck on his stick; while Prucha sneaks around the net for tip ins or finds open ice / time for a shot. On the power play, Gomez always goes deep, Drury set up camp around the net, and Naslund is playing the perimeter, but no one is in the high slot. IIRC, the high slot was where Prucha showed past success.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

Like I said, they were playing well together before Drury replaced Zherdev on that line.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:11 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
Drumez, MikeyG - Why do you want to demote Korpikosi?
Because demoting him before he gets 10-15 games in leaves him at rookie status and he wouldn't have to clear waivers. He has played well, but I think he can use some work on getting his scoring touch back.

This removes 1 million of cap, and let's the guy play more games before calling him back up because of injuries.

We can't do that with Dawes and Prucha. Might as well move him down while we can considering we are carrying extra forwards.

This way he can play more minutes a night with results. And our other players get more of a chance to gel before we decide to pull the trigger on a trade.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Rags225

Quote:
Because demoting him before he gets 10-15 games in leaves him at rookie status and he wouldn't have to clear waivers. He has played well, but I think he can use some work on getting his scoring touch back.

This removes 1 million of cap, and let's the guy play more games before calling him back up because of injuries.

We can't do that with Dawes and Prucha. Might as well move him down while we can considering we are carrying extra forwards.

This way he can play more minutes a night with results. And our other players get more of a chance to gel before we decide to pull the trigger on a trade.
Mikey as long as he is on his ELC he doesn't have to clear waivers. There is no 10-15 ame rule besides the one to send a player to juniors which I think you might be confusing.

Old
10-21-2008, 01:23 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

durn...and I thought I knew the CBA...lol.

Old
10-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

trade 2 of fritsche, dawes, & prucha, for picks, a good 3rd liner, etc. then play korpedo everyday.

Old
10-21-2008, 05:45 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Rissmiller is the one signing I really didn't understand. He seems like the exact kind of player the Rangers knew they already had in the fold. The signing just reeked of redundancy.

I Too scratched my head @ the Rissmiller signing, I think Sather thought he was going to lose Sjostrom & possibly trade Prucha in the off season. So Rissmiller at the time was a realitvely inexpensive signing & insurance policy.

Now That he has been waived we can all move on.

Old
10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
trade dawes, & prucha for picks, and play korpedo everyday.
Fixed.

Old
10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
I agree, I think the game against Buffalo Prucha was amongst the best players for the Rangers. If the refs would have made the right calls he would have drawn penalties, he was blocking shots, and he had scoring chances. Prucha's reward for his hard and apparently solid play....a benching.....go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotang View Post

Depending on the price, I could see the Canucks having interest with Demitra going down and Pyatt being less than adequate for the second line.
You'd have to say "Yes". Especially considering his value is only going to go down if he doesn't play. Renney has always hated this guy and I don't know why.

I can't believe that Renney didn't play both Fritsche and Prucha against Dallas. Dallas is starved for a right handed shot and both of these guys are. If one had a good game against Dallas, it'd for sure increase trade opportunities. Nope, instead he used the game to confirm how worthless Rissmiller is.

Old
10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
The Thomas J.*

Right now the way the lineup is set up Prucha sits, We have some wins under our belt so there is really no reason for Renney to panic, let the lines have enough playing time together so they Gel.

Old
10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Aren't the NHL governors meeting this week ?

Rissmiller being waived means that he is either claimed by another team or goes to Hartford. I was hoping he would stick but clearly he was on the bubble and that bubble has popped.

Prucha isn't doing the team or himself any good sitting in the pressbox and without playing his value remains lower than it could be.

and Korpokoski looks good, I like his game and think he should stay. I understand the argument about rookie status but I don't agree with that thinking. The kid looks good out there and deserves the shot.

Old
10-21-2008, 08:14 PM
gravytrain6t

yea here's my lines.

line one:
LW - Voros C - Dubinsky RW - Zherdev

line two:
LW - Dawes C - Gomez RW - Callahan

line three:
LW - Naslund C - Fritche RW - Drury

line four:
LW - Korpokoski C-Betts RW - Sjostrom

Every night. Now we just have to find a Defensman who will drop the gloves. Look at the fourth line compared to last years which included Orr and Hollweg.

Old
10-22-2008, 12:43 AM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Right now the way the lineup is set up Prucha sits, We have some wins under our belt so there is really no reason for Renney to panic, let the lines have enough playing time together so they Gel.
I'm sorry, I just have to laugh at this reasoning... The Rangers won games with Prucha in the lineup too.... To say that they need time to gel now and leave Petr on the sidelines is ridiculous. You could just as well say to let them gel with him along side Drury and Naslund and see what happens. Of our 12 forward spots there are now 3 people 3 people fighting for 2 spots. Rissmiller is gone. It's Prucha, Fritsche and Dawes for the 2 spots. I think Korpikoski, even though we all love him, may end up in Hartford. I am a fan, I'm just looking at the whole picture. I'd love for him to stay, but he hasn't been much of a factor so far so I think they may send him down....

Voros-Dubinsky-Zherdev
?-Gomez-Callahan
?-Drury-Naslund
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

My gut says to keep Dawes and Prucha in the lineup and insert Fritsche from time to time for anyone needing a night off.

Old
10-22-2008, 01:08 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I'm sorry, I just have to laugh at this reasoning... The Rangers won games with Prucha in the lineup too.... To say that they need time to gel now and leave Petr on the sidelines is ridiculous. You could just as well say to let them gel with him along side Drury and Naslund and see what happens. Of our 12 forward spots there are now 3 people 3 people fighting for 2 spots. Rissmiller is gone. It's Prucha, Fritsche and Dawes for the 2 spots. I think Korpikoski, even though we all love him, may end up in Hartford. I am a fan, I'm just looking at the whole picture. I'd love for him to stay, but he hasn't been much of a factor so far so I think they may send him down....

Voros-Dubinsky-Zherdev
?-Gomez-Callahan
?-Drury-Naslund
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

My gut says to keep Dawes and Prucha in the lineup and insert Fritsche from time to time for anyone needing a night off.

Evantually Renney has to see what he has, the constant juggling of lines isn't sloving anything, the prolbem with sending Korps down & using Dawes & Prucha full time is that is a very small line up, @ least Korps has some size.

Old
10-22-2008, 01:46 AM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Evantually Renney has to see what he has, the constant juggling of lines isn't sloving anything, the prolbem with sending Korps down & using Dawes & Prucha full time is that is a very small line up, @ least Korps has some size.
agreed and I see your point. I just think it's funny that nobody wants to allow the lines time to gel when prucha's included... maybe i'm just looking for people to be hating on him... i'm just used to seeing it. Again, I like Korps and would love for him to be included but it may be easier to send him down.

Closed Thread