HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS hosts dismissing rumors

Old
10-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How can anyone blame Huet for that last game against Toronto? They rushed him back from a very serious injury and throw him into a must win game. Do you have any clue about sports?

Go check his stats 3 years ago vs Carolina, he played very well(2.33 GAA and .929%) and the Habs were in control until Williams almost took Koivu's eye out, after that they took Gerber out and the offense died. Huet was our best player in that series.
Huet saved us during the 1st period. People don't remember that. The problem was that clearly he had a lot of problems after and was getting fatigued by the minute...he had to be removed from there much earlier....so it's not Huet for me for that game, it's Carbo.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I think those 11 wins out of a possible 13 were fairly important to the capitals seeing as how it single handedly thrust them into the playoffs last year. He also took a much worse capitals team alot further than price did against the flyers. Hell we barely beat the Bruins who we rampaged over all season. What "important" games has price won in the Nhl? Is any game important until it comes down to the end of the season or in the playoffs? What a ridiculous statement.

That one trade took the Habs out of the running for a stanley cup finals meeting with detroit in my opinion.
Agreed. I'm a huge Price fan and think he will be a great goalie, however trading Huet last year and throwing him in the fire last year was a very bad move especially considering the return. I think with more consistant goaltending(Price was great one night, brutal the next) they beat Phillie for sure. What killed us in the playoffs was Biron playing well and making 3-4 good saves and going up the ice and scoring on a weak angle or wraparound.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Blades 0f Steel

But wait...they're French media.

French media...dismissing...French media? *head explodes*

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Fido22

Isn't it funny that RIS was airing news to the effect that "RDS has learned from close sources that talks between the Habs and the Wild for Gaborik have intensified in the last hours and that the Wild want Halak, Higgins and a 1st in return" on sunday night and by monday night RDS's broadcast crew are calling the rumour bogus?

Isn't it funny?

RDS.

Funny.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Going to be a LONGGGGGGGGG week...vcash bet on how many 'controversies' we'll see?

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
I dont know if you guys got this but in the intermission. But demers and Bouchard talked about the reasons why Halak won't be traded. They said:

-The Habs never were that solid between the pipes (Remember the Theodore/Garon tandem... spooky stuff)
-Halak is not even close to his maximum value right now, and Gainey would be an absolute fool to trade him for peanuts when he got no value at all

Before the game, I also heard Houde and Brunet dismissing the Gaborik rumors

Discuss
Funny cause Demers just said no long ago that Halak would be traded..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote