HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Petr Kalus leaves the Wild organization; goes to Europe to play...

Old
10-21-2008, 12:20 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Petr Kalus leaves the Wild organization; goes to Europe to play...

Another prospect for the Wild has decided to go home and play for a European team than stick it out with the Aeros. Now I know Houston isn't exactly the greatest city but what the hell? And once again, the Wild are oblivious to what is going on.

http://aeroscribe.blogspot.com/2008/...n-antonio.html

Quote:
From what I understand, Petr Kalus (healthy scratch this weekend against San Antonio) has left the team to play in Europe.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Africa.

How is he not on the actual Wild team? He's an excellent player and NHL-ready.

Africa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKariyana View Post
And once again, the Wild are oblivious to what is going on.
Oblivious? Oh come on. If the kid doesn't earn it, he isn't getting it. Kalus didn't earn it, and instead of working hard to try again, he wants to go home. Good-bye, Petr.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:36 AM
God Bless Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
If he's an excellent player and NHL-ready, he wouldn't be a healthy scratch in the AHL.

He has the ability and the talent to be a good second line scorer in the NHL. He impressed me in Regina (WHL) a few years ago and I thought he'd be a good scorer. But I don't think he has what it takes to be a good NHL player. Not willing to work hard enough. Not wiling to do the little things to be an NHL player. Not willing to be patient and work his way to the NHL.

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
If he's an excellent player and NHL-ready, he wouldn't be a healthy scratch in the AHL.

He has the ability and the talent to be a good second line scorer in the NHL. He impressed me in Regina (WHL) a few years ago and I thought he'd be a good scorer. But I don't think he has what it takes to be a good NHL player. Not willing to work hard enough. Not wiling to do the little things to be an NHL player. Not willing to be patient and work his way to the NHL.
In all honesty, I haven't seen him since he was traded to Minnesota, but he looked so good with Boston.

Africa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
Because after his trade from the Bruins he sulked, underperformed, and found himself scratched in the AHL. I am sure anybody paying attention to the Wild saw this coming when he went from the Aeros to the WC's only to not make the cut.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:39 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
One would think the Wild will likely stop acquiring prospects who pout and stamp their feet.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Bye, don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way home.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Another prospect for the Wild has decided to go home and play for a European team than stick it out with the Aeros. Now I know Houston isn't exactly the greatest city but what the hell? And once again, the Wild are oblivious to what is going on.

http://aeroscribe.blogspot.com/2008/...n-antonio.html
I think its unfair of you to criticize the Wild for this. You put Benoit Pouliot on the stake for not reaching the NHL because of his half-assed attitude, but defend Kalus in this? Kalus was scratched in the AHL because he didn't have the right attitude Constantine wanted (basing this off ms.conducts observations) as he took bad penalties.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:53 AM
vcx*

I wish more players that are going to half ass it in the AHL and not earn their way back in leave. More room for the guys that want the opportunity in the AHL as a launching pad to the NHL. I for one am glad these cry babies are leaving for Europe or the KHL. If they want to play in a league that doesn't have the Stanley Cup as the ultimate prize then more power to them...just hire your own personal physician for the games.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:56 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Oblivious? Oh come on. If the kid doesn't earn it, he isn't getting it. Kalus didn't earn it, and instead of working hard to try again, he wants to go home. Good-bye, Petr.
Yes, oblivious. The Wild knew there was a strong chance that Kalus wasn't going to stick around LAST YEAR.

I dog Pouliot because he was a 4th overall pick. Kalus? He was what? 56th overall pick? And we traded for him?

You also have to question what is going on in Houston, if their prospects are having such a hard time developing.

Old
10-21-2008, 01:02 AM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Yes, oblivious. The Wild knew there was a strong chance that Kalus wasn't going to stick around LAST YEAR.

I dog Pouliot because he was a 4th overall pick. Kalus? He was what? 56th overall pick? And we traded for him?

You also have to question what is going on in Houston, if their prospects are having such a hard time developing.
They knew that? Sources? And if they did know, what should they do? Tell him to go home?

Kalus went 39th overall. And no matter where these players went it's a double standard to rag on Pouliot but not on Kalus.

You don't have to question anything about Houston. There's a proven coach and a winning team down there. If weeding out losers is necessary, so be it. Petr Kalus has no one to blame but himself.

Last edited by State of Hockey: 10-21-2008 at 01:09 AM.
State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
I wish more players that are going to half ass it in the AHL and not earn their way back in leave. More room for the guys that want the opportunity in the AHL as a launching pad to the NHL. I for one am glad these cry babies are leaving for Europe or the KHL. If they want to play in a league that doesn't have the Stanley Cup as the ultimate prize then more power to them...just hire your own personal physician for the games.
who cares about the stanley cup? these guys need to look out for their careers and their family before some meaningless trophy for a league he wasn't even in

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:06 AM
CertifiedPublicGuin

A guy who was a scratch in the AHL probably isn't worth all the talk, but it is quite interesting to see his reaction to a bit of adversity... especially since he was apparently looking promising in Boston.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:

I don't think the prospects are having a hard time developing so much as there isn't a lot of high end guys down there and the ones who were down there didn't seem to want to put in the work to get to the NHL.
Kalus didn't want to put in the work, then there is the door.
It was the same with Pouliot, he didn't want to put in the work, so he wasn't given a spot with the team. I agree with those that say he needed to earn his spot not just have it given to him because he thought he should be in the NHL.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 03:00 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
They knew that? Sources? And if they did know, what should they do? Tell him to go home?

Kalus went 39th overall. And no matter where these players went it's a double standard to rag on Pouliot but not on Kalus.

You don't have to question anything about Houston. There's a proven coach and a winning team down there. If weeding out losers is necessary, so be it. Petr Kalus has no one to blame but himself.
Yes, go to the Wild board. He was hinting that he was going to leave. Locke has even said he won't stick around after this year (I think that has to do with him being from the Montreal area).

It's not double standards when Pouliot was a very highly touted prospect, one that people could see have work ethic issues and laziness. He was also SCOUTED by the Wild players. There is no double standards. Pouliot is a 1st round, top 5 pick. He has much higher expectations and much higher standard than a 2nd rounder. We brought in Kalus to shed money.

Houston is a very -- bipolar team. Last year they finally had a winning team but the two years before that? You got to question the organization and their scouting as well. This is the 5th player that has gone back to Europe for the Wild. At least one returned.

Old
10-21-2008, 03:02 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
I don't think the prospects are having a hard time developing so much as there isn't a lot of high end guys down there and the ones who were down there didn't seem to want to put in the work to get to the NHL.
Kalus didn't want to put in the work, then there is the door.
It was the same with Pouliot, he didn't want to put in the work, so he wasn't given a spot with the team. I agree with those that say he needed to earn his spot not just have it given to him because he thought he should be in the NHL.
There are a few high end guys. Just not a lot of -- guys period to produce. I mean we're relying on a bunch of Rookie free agents and mid-level players to produce.

I don't think it was Kalus that wasn't producing but fitting in with the Wild and their system that was causing a problem. Ms. Conduct does love using the term Crack Squirrel.

Pouliot was given a spot this year in order to salvage what we can from him.

Old
10-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Filppula
Jurks

4 goals in 9 NHL games in 2006/07 says he had some talent. Shame.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 03:32 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
4 goals in 9 NHL games in 2006/07 says he had some talent. Shame.
4 goals in his first 4 shots I believe. Something like that... it was insane!

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 04:28 AM
Chrisd

kalus is a bum with no desire, ala voloshenko ....

you will never hear from either of these jokers again.

Chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:08 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 182
Life Style in Europe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Life style in Houston

When I worked the oil feilds I spent time in Houston and area

this might have played a factor in his actions

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:23 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
who cares about the stanley cup? these guys need to look out for their careers and their family before some meaningless trophy for a league he wasn't even in
Dont bother. It was one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read.

Some people just don't realize some of these players are far away from home for years.

Frolov 6'3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:26 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Say no more.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:38 AM
Chrisd

maybe kalus, daigle and voloshenko can all play on the same line together

Chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 05:58 AM
AnaheimDucks90

A player who shots 4 NHL goals in only 8 shots is a good player on my opinion.

AnaheimDucks90 is offline   Reply With Quote