HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

6.3 Million

Old
10-22-2008, 01:43 PM
facey

vCash: 500
6.3 Million

Thats the cap room the team that trades for Gabby needs to have... that means nashville, LA, Toronto, and Vancouver are the potentials.... w/o a super star w/ contract going back the other way.

now, it seems to me that Vancouver is the most likely to acitiviley purse this, but i doubt the wild will trade him within their own div.. that spells death IMO.

Logically it would make sense to me to send him east... which means us... but we don't really have the 'right' guy yo trade back... as Kubina is on contract (at good value therefore worth more), and Kaberle is on an amazingly cheap contract (worth even more)....

but if we could sign the *******... i'd enjoy having him on the team. I know he's kinda hurt right now ( or sitting out to be traded..w/e)...and he's a HUGE band-aid but...he's only 25 or 26.... due to end his injury prone ways....

but what goes the other way? steen or stajan packaged with a white, colo, or van ryan?

no draft picks, no Tlusty/Kuelim/Grabo/Hagman/Schenn/Finger.. it makes sense to perhaps built a Ceczh line....

just ideas, not super well thought out...

of course montreal could likely trade one of many players (including saku koviu) for the guy, he will love it there and they will love him...

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:47 PM
sgupca

I proposed in another thread to offer this

Kaberle or Kubina
Steen
Coli

for

Gabby

some trool thought i was a fool, and seems to think Minny is getting ripped, i seem to think thats a great trade for both teams.

Last edited by sgupca: 10-22-2008 at 01:53 PM.
sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:48 PM
bluumax

Quote:
Originally Posted by facey View Post
Thats the cap room the team that trades for Gabby needs to have... that means nashville, LA, Toronto, and Vancouver are the potentials.... w/o a super star w/ contract going back the other way.

now, it seems to me that Vancouver is the most likely to acitiviley purse this, but i doubt the wild will trade him within their own div.. that spells death IMO.

Logically it would make sense to me to send him east... which means us... but we don't really have the 'right' guy yo trade back... as Kubina is on contract (at good value therefore worth more), and Kaberle is on an amazingly cheap contract (worth even more)....

but if we could sign the *******... i'd enjoy having him on the team. I know he's kinda hurt right now ( or sitting out to be traded..w/e)...and he's a HUGE band-aid but...he's only 25 or 26.... due to end his injury prone ways....

but what goes the other way? steen or stajan packaged with a white, colo, or van ryan?

no draft picks, no Tlusty/Kuelim/Grabo/Hagman/Schenn/Finger.. it makes sense to perhaps built a Ceczh line....

of course montreal could likely trade one of many players (including saku koviu) for the guy, he will love it there and they will love him...
no to everything. dont want a quick fix, not bothered about having a superstar, gaborik isnt the same czek as our players. let montreal have him, hes a good player but we dont need him yet, just let the rebuild do its thing

bluumax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Miester

Or we can not give up anything and just wait until the end of the year to throw some money at him. If he gets traded and ends up signing with that team, so be it. Nash in 2010 please.

Miester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Metallian*

Or they could wait until the deadline to trade him, where other teams have more than enough cap space to take him on...

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Barilko14

Quote:
Originally Posted by facey View Post

I think they're will be a few more teams in the race then just that, so not much point in thinking we'll have a chance because we have the space.

Barilko14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Fabs

Too risky especially for a player as injury prone as he is. This team can't afford to trade our assets for a soon to be UFA.

Fabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Blue Brigade

Another thread about Gaborik.

Blue Brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
ugotmybeef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
I proposed in another thread to offer this

Kaberle or Kubina
Steen
Coli

for

Gabby

some trool thought i was a fool, and seems to think Minny is getting ripped, i seem to think thats a great trade for both teams.
I'll say it again, our trash isn't going to get another team's gold. We just have to stay patient and make moves when the time is right. The only trades we should make are another Grabo move like for example Robbie Schremp comes around. No shortcuts, stay the course.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
I'll say it again, our trash isn't going to get another team's gold. We just have to stay patient and make moves when the time is right. The only trades we should make are another Grabo move like for example Robbie Schremp comes around. No shortcuts, stay the course.
are you saying minni wouldnt trade gaborik for kaberle??

minni is a contender and knows gabby is walking at the end of the year. of course they would take a package like that vs. picks or questionables

Old
10-22-2008, 02:17 PM
BrentZ10

Gaborik would be a great player to get. I don't think we have the assets to get him though.

BrentZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
How are Kaberle and Kubina trash? As well as Steen and Cola? None of those players are trash, and Kaberle and Kubina not by a long shot.

Suntouchable13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Antropovsky

Why would we want Gaborik. He's injured all the time, and reportedly is demanding 10+ milliion per season. He's not good enough, or healthy enough to be paid more than Crosby/Ovechkin. Let someone else make their lives terrible managing under the Cap.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Metallian*

kaberle for a rental is vast overpayment, if anything

Old
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Metallian*

how about we sign havlat instead?

Old
10-22-2008, 02:35 PM
eraserhead

Why the hell would Toronto want Gaborik?

eraserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:35 PM
equipe

Why would we want Gaborik?

Don't forget we are at the beginning of a re-build, and can't afford to give up young assets and/or picks.

There is also the fact that he's as injury prone as Cola, and wants way more money then he deserves. Let Vancouver overpay him in the off- season.

equipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Fozz

no draft picks, no Tlusty/Kulemin/Schenn = No Gaborik

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:45 PM
wendelclark17

gaborik is not the type of player i think this team should build around.

wendelclark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:48 PM
hockeysense*

It'd be a better idea to get Gaborik as a UFA than trade for a player that has been injured on and off throughout his career.

hockeysense* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:57 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miester View Post
Or we can not give up anything and just wait until the end of the year to throw some money at him. If he gets traded and ends up signing with that team, so be it. Nash in 2010 please.
Exactly!

Jay - Bo this summer

Rick Nash next!!

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Exactly!

Jay - Bo this summer

Rick Nash next!!

Jbo, no. Nash, sure I guess.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 04:22 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Exactly!

Jay - Bo this summer

Rick Nash next!!

Cammalleri this summer.

RayzorIsDull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Metallian*

havvvvvvvlaaaaaaaat

seriously though, if theres one player we should try to blow the bank on its Kovalchuk. the guy is worth 10m a year no doubt.

Old
10-22-2008, 04:33 PM
teflonsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post

we should try to blow the bank on its Kovalchuk. the guy is worth 10m a year no doubt.
I agree. If there is anybody in the league that is worth that kinda money that isn't making it now is Kovalchuk.

teflonsteve is offline   Reply With Quote