HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about these lines...barring any trades..

Old
10-21-2008, 10:19 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
How about these lines...barring any trades..

line one: LW - Voros C - Dubinsky RW - Zherdev

line two: LW- Dawes C- Gomez RW- Callahan

line three:LW- Naslund C- Fritche RW- Drury

line four: LW-Korpokoski C- Betts RW-Sjostrom

I really wanted to get Prucha in there but on the second line it came down to him or Dawes and I think Dawes is a little bit more steady defensively. But it's so close. I even thought about putting Prucha on that fourth line on RW and just moving Korpokoski to center and Sjostrom at LW. But I think many Rangers fans would not enjoy seeing Betts scratched from the lineup. We talk about guys we don't need and I'm so glad Rissmiller is gone but I really don't think we need Colton Orr either. Okay so he made himself a better skater in the offseason so instead of being rated the second or third worst skater in the NHL last year, he may have moved up a notch or two for this season.
Seriously, lets face it. Voros has more goals so far in this young season than Orr does in his entire NHL career. So here's what the Rangers could have done. Sather wanted to sign Rosival in the off season no matter what and he did. There were a few rugged tough guys back on D whom the Rangers could have signed but elected not too. The odd man out for me would have been Kalinen and in for another year would be my man Jason Strudwick. He's a big a guy, can help clear players out of Henrik's view, is a stay at home defenseman and will drop the gloves. Heck, the Oilers would agree with me. So on defense. Put the pairings together but I would have Rosival, Staal, Girardi, Redden, Mara and Struds back there.
So seriously what do you guys and/or ladies think of this lineup/

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:25 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
The Rangers won't take Orr out of the line-up. You point to the fact that Voros has more goals this season than Orr does his whole career, but Orr's purpose is not to score goals. He is not put on the ice to score, he has a different role on the team. I do, however, really like the speed on all four of those lines and would be curious to see how they work for a couple games.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I really love that 4th line. But I'm not a fan of using Korpedo on the 4th. Would rather switch him with Fritche.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 10:29 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
The Rangers won't take Orr out of the line-up. You point to the fact that Voros has more goals this season than Orr does his whole career, but Orr's purpose is not to score goals. He is not put on the ice to score, he has a different role on the team. I do, however, really like the speed on all four of those lines and would be curious to see how they work for a couple games.
I know that Orr is making his living with his fists but on youtube there is even an old fight when Orr was with the Bruins and he fought Struds. Not only did Struds hang in there but I think he won the fight. I think in todays game, the skill you have there on the fourth line without the Orr's and the Hollwegs, far outweighs what Orr can do with his fists. Besides that, you know he's going to rack up penalty minutes as well.

Old
10-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Voros-Dubi-Z
Naslund-Gomez-Callahan
Dawes-Drury-Sjostrom
Fritsche-Betts-Orr

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:13 AM
BlueBlooded

Send a message via AIM to BlueBlooded
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Voros-Dubi-Z
Naslund-Gomez-Callahan
Dawes-Drury-Sjostrom
Fritsche-Betts-Orr

I would love to see that. I think that switching Cally and Dawes may be the only thing I would change because Gomez and Dawes seem to have a lot of chemistry but other than that I like it.

BlueBlooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:23 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Voros-Dubi-Z
Naslund-Gomez-Callahan
Dawes-Drury-Sjostrom
Fritsche-Betts-Orr
right now:

dawes-gomez-callahan
voros-dubinsky-zherdev
prucha-drury-naslund
sjostrom-betts-fritsche

korpikoski to hartford for a couple games

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:24 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I know that Orr is making his living with his fists but on youtube there is even an old fight when Orr was with the Bruins and he fought Struds. Not only did Struds hang in there but I think he won the fight. I think in todays game, the skill you have there on the fourth line without the Orr's and the Hollwegs, far outweighs what Orr can do with his fists. Besides that, you know he's going to rack up penalty minutes as well.
LOL. Colton Orr is really the only guy on the roster who can actually win a fight. His role is not negotiable imo. Plus he's Rennys pet project, and an increasingly successful one at that. Hes not taking a seat.

Nobody wins every fight. Colton Orr wins plenty of them and EVERYONE knows he has a wicked punch. If he connects he can end your season. He breaks faces.

Dont under-estimate his influence. He doesnt have to fight. He just has to be there... just in case. He is the enforcer.

10-22-2008, 12:29 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
line one: LW - Voros C - Dubinsky RW - Zherdev

line two: LW- Dawes C- Gomez RW- Callahan

line three:LW- Naslund C- Fritche RW- Drury

line four: LW-Korpokoski C- Betts RW-Sjostrom

Honestly I'd trade sit/trade Dawes and try Korpi on that 2nd line before Id sit Orr

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:30 AM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

I know that this might be sacrilegious on this board, but I think that the 'Playstation line' needs to be broken up. Keep Dubi and Voros together, but it's time to balance things out a little better.

Perhaps Zherdev can carry the puck on a line with Drury at center and Dru can get the garbage goals and cover him defensively when he tries going into the offensive zone alone:

Naslund-Gomez-Callahan
Dawes/Korpikoski-Drury-Zherdev
Voros-Dubinsky-Fritsche/Prucha
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Flame away...

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:43 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Naslund-Gomez-Dawes
Drury-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Sjostrom-Callahan-Voros
Korpikoski-Betts-Orr

I think Dawes and Gomez use their passing skills to set up Naslund, if the old man has anything left.

Similarly, I think Drury can do just what Voros does on that line but better, if he can break out of this slump. Maybe the dynamic play of Dubinsky and Zherdev can spark Drury.

I think Voros and Callahan could be a great forechecking duo, and I think Sjostrom has earned that spot over Korpedo so far.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:44 AM
FrontRow

I wanna see Zherdev on a line with Gomez....so I gave it a shot:

1) Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev

2) Voros - Dubinsky - Drury

3) Callahan - Korpikoski - Dawes

4) Orr - Betts - Sjostrom

FrontRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 12:45 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

How about this:

1. we do some shots of tequila

2. We trade Sanguinetti/Dawes for Bobby Ryan

Naslund - Gomez - Ryan
Voros - Dubi - Zherdev
Korpi - Drury - Callahan
Sjo - Betts - Orr

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:44 AM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
How about this:

1. we do some shots of tequila

2. We trade Sanguinetti/Dawes for Bobby Ryan

Naslund - Gomez - Ryan
Voros - Dubi - Zherdev
Korpi - Drury - Callahan
Sjo - Betts - Orr
Not that I'm itching to trade Sanguinetti or Dawes, but out of curiosity, how good is Bobby Ryan? I don't watch much Western Conference hockey, so I never saw him in preseason, and I know Ducks fans are saying that the only reason he's in the minors now is because of the salary cap.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:55 AM
NYR Viper

from what i have seen so far this is what i want to see...

naslund-gomez-callahan
voros-dubi-zherdev
dawes-drury-korpikoski
sjostrom-betts-orr
fritsche

to me that gives each line some scoring ability and some grit as well....prucha to me is the odd man out......also i wouldnt mind seeing fritsche in there for orr on some nights such as when they play teams like flroida and others who dont dress a heavyweight or anyone really who fights....at some point you need other players to step up and protect themselves and their teammates.....

line 1---naslund and gomez like to play with speed....they can with callahan who will retrieve pucks and if naslund feels like he doesnt want to shoot cally definately will and he will go to the dirty areas....speed line who will buzz around the offensive zone

line 2---good chemistry so far, i like how dubi and voros get the puck down low and outwork other teams....the thing i would like to see more of is zherdev hovering around the slot more and letting voros and dubi work for the puck down low so they can pass the puck out front when they have possesion instead of trying to wrap the puck around....

line 3---this line has good strength with both dawes and korpikoski and players who like to buzz around the zone....dawes and drury had good chemistry last season and adding a player like korpi to that line adds size and strength down low....this line will be primarily a garbage goal scoring line who gets shots from the point but i wouldnt be surprised if they looked more and more like a hybrid of the first two lines with puck possession down low and that speed element coming through the neutral zone

line 4---grit, speed and tenacity define this group....sjostrom and betts will be the first pk unit, which to me is perfect as it evens the ice time out more and gets them on the ice and into the game....this line will dump and chase and outwork opponents down low

fritsche could sub in on any line...

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:03 AM
mti79

My lines look like this:
Voros-Dubinsky-Zherdev
?-Gomez-Callahan
?-Drury-Naslund
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

with Prucha, Dawes and Fritsche as the guys to fill in the blank. I think Korpedo goes down for a little bit as he's seem to be a bit out of sorts since the season started. I like Korps and want to see him with the big club but sending him down gives us more cap room and less guys sitting every night.
I'd put Dawes with Gomez and Callahan and put Prucha with Drury and Naslund and let Fritsche give people a night off every now and again. He can play any forward position so he can fill in for anyone. Just my opinion.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:49 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Not that I'm itching to trade Sanguinetti or Dawes, but out of curiosity, how good is Bobby Ryan? I don't watch much Western Conference hockey, so I never saw him in preseason, and I know Ducks fans are saying that the only reason he's in the minors now is because of the salary cap.
well in my ehm game he turns out to be a real beast, and was well worth what i traded for him

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Vitto79

Rissmiller gondie.........which is good, Prucha likely still sits or gets dealt soon.........Fritsche seems like odd man out right now

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:15 AM
gravytrain6t

I do like the idea of putting Dawes and Gomez on a line together. I think Dawes can score a lot of goals. It's just a matter of time and Gomez always seems to find him the puck in a shooting position. Dawes can pass the puck as well which is why having someone on the rw with scoring touch could benefit playing with these guys as well.
I other idea brought up that I would like to see is having Drury centering two speedy wings. Zherdev and Sjostrom/Naslund come to mind. I think he can find himself open more, pick up rebound opportunities and deflections. Didn't Drury play with two quick wingers in Buffalo when he put up 37 goals. Someone mentioned who they were but I forgot. If you really wanted to give Prucha a shot (but it has to be on a some what consistent basis. Not one game on and the next 3 or 4 games sitting), the coach could try him playing along side with Dubi, and Voros.

Old
10-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Nich

voros - dubi - z
nasland - gomez - korpedo
dawes - drury - callahan

give it a shot!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Fletch

I don't know...

what I'd like to see. All I know is certain forwards have not been effective, in particular Naslund and Drury, and only one line is going, and lately it doesn't seem as though that line has been firing on all cylinders, which is understandable since they're not supposed to be the top line but happen to be since they're working the hardest to get it together.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
bumrusherer

I love the lines we have now.

There is genuine chemistry within 3 of the 4 lines and the other line is just dependent on Drury and Naslund finding their way. Which they will!!

Now, can Cally and Dawes have enough scorers touch to stay with Gomez in the long term? Time will tell.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:42 AM
UAlbanySniper27

line 1: voros/dubi/zherdev
line 2: dawes/gomez/callahan
line 3: korpedo/drury/naslund......sub in prucha time to time
line 4: sjo/betts/ fritsche and orr

I have never been a huge fan of dawes but recently he has showed some brilliance in his offensive game after being reunited wit gomer....once dawes gets his confidence fully back and his shots on net he will be superb with gomer

only line i have a worry about is the 3rd line, i almost wanna give up on naslund and put in prucha wit korpedo and drury... however naslund has too much talent to be down for too long

someone also should tell renney to leave lines together for more than a week.....if you look around the league top teams in the playoffs have set lines and chemisry for seasons......i.e detroit, anaheim, san jose, etc.....too build a good team, flow and chemistry you need to allow time for your players to get comfortable with each other and not worry about getting demoted iif they have 1 bad game

UAlbanySniper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Mason530

Quote:
Voros-Dubi-Z
Naslund-Gomez-Callahan
Dawes-Drury-Sjostrom
Fritsche-Betts-Orr
I like this as well. I have to admit that Prucha and Dawes are pretty the same.

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:14 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
i would like to see Freddie given a shot in an offensive role

Voros-Dubi-Zherdev
Sjostrom-Gomez-Naslund
Callahan-Drury-Fritsche
Korpedo-Betts-Orr

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote