HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andreas Nodl offically gets the call

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2008, 06:24 PM
  #126
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Look at that...first line icetime without ever playing an NHL game. So much for having to "earn" your opportunities under Stevens.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:09 PM
  #127
Norm MacDonald
Registered User
 
Norm MacDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,357
vCash: 500
Nodl looked good tonight, but I have the feeling that he's being showcased for a trade. I just hope Homer knows what he is doing.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:11 PM
  #128
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
Nodl looked good tonight, but I have the feeling that he's being showcased for a trade. I just hope Homer knows what he is doing.
I don't think he's being showcased. He was the next logical call-up when they decided to **** Downie over and we were short a forward.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:14 PM
  #129
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I don't think he's being showcased. He was the next logical call-up when they decided to **** Downie over and we were short a forward.
Yea I dont think so either. Hopefully he gets some chemistry with someone, I think he can be effective.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:21 PM
  #130
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yea I dont think so either. Hopefully he gets some chemistry with someone, I think he can be effective.
It's too bad he can't play defense. As much as you always like good forwards, it's not our problem right now.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:33 PM
  #131
Norm MacDonald
Registered User
 
Norm MacDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I don't think he's being showcased. He was the next logical call-up when they decided to **** Downie over and we were short a forward.
I hope not, because I really like him. Either way, I think a trade is coming and someone is going the other way.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:00 PM
  #132
Uppie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Nodi played well enough to stay up for a while. I think that he has a spot on the roster to lose.

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:04 PM
  #133
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,064
vCash: 1045
Nodl played good enough. He was thrown to the wolves having to play 1st line.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:57 PM
  #134
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
I heard Gagné caught the flu.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:01 AM
  #135
Chainsaw
Registered User
 
Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I don't think he's being showcased. He was the next logical call-up when they decided to **** Downie over and we were short a forward.
I like Downie too but it's time to call a spade a spade. You Can't just slash a guy when he strips the puck off you when you have a 1 goal lead and dieing to win your first hockey game. He was given a great opportunity moved up from 4th line to Richards wing and HE BLEW IT! Downie has no one to blame but himself.

P.S. Nodl looked good tonight IMO

Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:26 AM
  #136
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
I like Downie too but it's time to call a spade a spade. You Can't just slash a guy when he strips the puck off you when you have a 1 goal lead and dieing to win your first hockey game. He was given a great opportunity moved up from 4th line to Richards wing and HE BLEW IT! Downie has no one to blame but himself.

P.S. Nodl looked good tonight IMO
It was a tap that didn't impede the puck carrier at all. Not only that, it's a pretty natural reaction to take a swipe at a guy's stick who just stripped you by doing the same thing.

And yes, he did look good.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 06:52 AM
  #137
ThePiousInfant
Registered User
 
ThePiousInfant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United Nations
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
It was a tap that didn't impede the puck carrier at all. Not only that, it's a pretty natural reaction to take a swipe at a guy's stick who just stripped you by doing the same thing.

And yes, he did look good.
I would feel fine with Nodl keeping a permanent spot in the top 9. Time to move a forward for some D.

ThePiousInfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
  #138
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
It was a tap that didn't impede the puck carrier at all. Not only that, it's a pretty natural reaction to take a swipe at a guy's stick who just stripped you by doing the same thing.

And yes, he did look good.
Do people realize you could probably call that slashing play 20 times every game??? Downie is getting penalties based on reputation at this point....

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:03 AM
  #139
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePiousInfant View Post
I would feel fine with Nodl keeping a permanent spot in the top 9. Time to move a forward for some D.
It was a nice debut but let's not go overboard. One game doesn't make a career.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:16 AM
  #140
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Look at that...first line icetime without ever playing an NHL game. So much for having to "earn" your opportunities under Stevens.
Yeah, it kinda pissed me off, I hope he benchs him everytime he makes mistakes

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:17 AM
  #141
JagerPuck
Registered User
 
JagerPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the 215
Country: United States
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Heres Nodl's official Flyers Picture:

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:30 AM
  #142
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePiousInfant View Post
I would feel fine with Nodl keeping a permanent spot in the top 9. Time to move a forward for some D.
In order to get anything of worth, Carter or Richards will have to go. No one else will fetch what we need, and I wouldn't be willing to make that sacrifice, especially with no center ready to step in

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:00 PM
  #143
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,485
vCash: 50
per ESPN Powe and Ross have been called up.
wonder whats up with that.
I hope they dont do something dumb like send Nodl back down.
Oh wait its Stevens, anything is possible

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
  #144
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
per ESPN Powe and Ross have been called up.
wonder whats up with that.
I hope they dont do something dumb like send Nodl back down.
Oh wait its Stevens, anything is possible
sigh... this reminds me of 2 years ago when we constantly called up guys from the phantoms...

PS. Storm if you read this why did you change your name?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:21 PM
  #145
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular
 
claude boivin lives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
per ESPN Powe and Ross have been called up.
wonder whats up with that.
I was just looking for that and couldn't find it. Got a link?

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:23 PM
  #146
Booba
Bouger les pieds
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
I was just looking for that and couldn't find it. Got a link?
http://stats.theahl.com/hm/transactions.php

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:27 PM
  #147
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular
 
claude boivin lives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Thanks. That sure is odd, though. Maybe Metro's foot is still bothering him and they think he should again be sat for Ross? Maybe they wanna play Powe in favor of Cote or Asham? I can't see them taking Nodl out...I'd say he earned himself another game.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:32 PM
  #148
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Do people realize you could probably call that slashing play 20 times every game??? Downie is getting penalties based on reputation at this point....
Yeah, it's annoying that anythign Downie does is magnified and there is no grace with him. He hasn't even played a full season in the NHL, and anytime he makes Any kind of mistake, turnover, penalty, whatever, everyone jumps on him. "Well, see that turnover? He should know better than to try that pass. He needs to go. He isn't learning anything. Even though other players have been given seasons to learn and showcase their ability, this guy doesn't get that kind of grace. He needs to go." What other prospect in ANY sport has been given such little time to learn and gain experience? Mike Schmidt would have been out of Philly in 1972 based on this logic.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 03:40 PM
  #149
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
sigh... this reminds me of 2 years ago when we constantly called up guys from the phantoms...

PS. Storm if you read this why did you change your name?
Just wanted a change.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 03:46 PM
  #150
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
Yeah, it's annoying that anythign Downie does is magnified and there is no grace with him. He hasn't even played a full season in the NHL, and anytime he makes Any kind of mistake, turnover, penalty, whatever, everyone jumps on him. "Well, see that turnover? He should know better than to try that pass. He needs to go. He isn't learning anything. Even though other players have been given seasons to learn and showcase their ability, this guy doesn't get that kind of grace. He needs to go." What other prospect in ANY sport has been given such little time to learn and gain experience? Mike Schmidt would have been out of Philly in 1972 based on this logic.


I'm as big a Downie fan as there is and I can see why he was sent down. His mistakes are being magnified on the NHL stage and he's not trustworthy in a top 9 role at the moment. He'll be back and hopefully when he gets back, there'll be no Stevens keeping him on a leash.

Clarke was on off the record today and stated that he thought Campbell's suspension had set Downie back and that he needed the ice time with the Phantoms. Good watch if anyone gets to catch it.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.