HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Milan Lucic vs Guillaume Latendresse

View Poll Results: Which player would you rather have on your team?
Milan Lucic 272 77.94%
Guillaume Latendresse 77 22.06%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2008, 07:32 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Wat?!?!?

what are you smoking dude
That was exactly what I asked the people who said this kind of stuff. I think you will have to ask your fellow Habs fans what they were smoking. Just kidding, I wouldn't say that to anyone.

Old
10-26-2008, 07:41 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Homers vs Homers poll.
Did any Habs fan actually vote for Lucic and any Bruins vote for Latendresse?
As a matter of fact, yes, a number of Habs fans did vote for Lucic.

Old
10-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Blades 0f Steel

LUCIC JUST SCORED A HATTRICK LAST NIGHT

Can I change my vote?

Seriously though, congrats to Milan. Gui still has a much higher offensive upside.

Old
10-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Mustafa*

I voted Lucic, but i think that latendresse will have a better career, thought he will never have game breaking habilities (not saying that Milan's a game breaker) and the presence of Milan on the ice. Guillaume will be better at the game of hockey.

Old
10-26-2008, 01:25 PM
boozeash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Sorry, but Lucic is NOT likely to score 30... At least not yet. While Guillaume is. (okay, he's a bit older, but that's not the point).

I'd take Guillaume. First, because I don't think Lucic is the 2nd coming of Rick Tocchet (which means somebody good for 30-35 goals year in year out while being, actually, a better fighter than Lucic), and second reason is, well, both are support players, but Gui brings better support.

Part of my answer is conditionnal to how much Lucic grows up. If he becomes a 240-pound guy while keeping his decent speed and mean streak, that could become different, but I'm also afraid of his back.

But it's a bit like comparing Rick Tocchet and Tim Kerr...
Even IF Latendresse scores more goals than Lucic I'd still take Lucic. you can find dozens of guys that do what Lantendresse does on the ice. There are only a small handfull of players that do what Lucic does.

Old
10-26-2008, 01:42 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

I might be biased, because I like players with Lucic's style of play, but I think Lucic will be a more effective player.

He's more entertaining to watch, too.

Old
10-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Andy

Habs fan here

As known on the habs board, I'm not a fan of Latendresse, it's not that I hate it's that I don't think he's as a good as what people make him out to be. He might hit a lot but I have yet to see him seperate the puck from a player with a hit. He still has trouble recieving passes, they usually bounce off his stick 8 times out of 10. He has a great shot, but it's doesn't have a quick release, so unless there's no one around him he can't use it. Most of his assists this season have come off of rebounds or dump ins that either Saku or Alex have scored, the only assist he got this season that he made a play was the Hamrlik goal. Also when playing more physical teams he tends to shy away, look at the Ducks game yesterday, he didn't even play 1/10th of what he usually plays(on a physical level). Montreal's next big powerforward has 1 goal in 8 games.

I think Lucic is a better player because what he brings to the table outweighs what Latendresse does. Lucic is a beast, he doesn't shy away from anything, when he hits he actually seperates the puck from the player, I'm not syaing he's going to be a 30-40 goal scorer, but his offensive skills are underrated. Lucic is the type of player that can easily change the momentum of a game with a big hit or a fight. He has pretty decent vision and pretty good shot. I love his slot work, if he had a quicker release he'd be a better scorer thats for sure.

8 games in and Lucic is only 4 goals away from his rookie year totals. As he gets more icetime he will get better.

Latendresse is hyped too much by people who like him and bashed too much by people who hate, but overall Latendresse is just an average player, like someone said you can find a dozen players who can play like him.

When it comes down to the end of the game, you'll never hear someone say oh I hate that Latendresse he always drives our team crazy, but you play against the Bruins you'll always hear "Oh I hate that Milan Lucic, he drives us crazy, always gets under our skin!"

That's why I voted for Lucic.

Old
10-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Skates View Post
The difference is, my young friend, that Komisarek does not need to take a bunch of strides and jump to hit someone hard. Many NHL players consider him as the east's best hitter. Metropolit : "Being hit by Komisarek is like being hit by a car".

Calculating the hitting power of one by using broken glass factors is ridiculous.
Says the hab fan. If it were komi hitting someone through the glass I doubt you'd be saying that.

BTW: Lucic didn't take a bunch of strides, he glided into him before he hit him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
LOL since when is Latendresse overrated? 3/4 of the habs board still bash him and 1/4 is starting to realize that he is only 21.

I'm gonna take the guy that can score rather than the goon.
Hmm I could have swore that Lucic had a Hatrick and a 4 point night last night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
And whats your point.
That Lucic hits harder than komi.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-27-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old
10-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Don't bother arguing with habs, it's a lost cause.

I think numbers of the polls show who people think is the better player. Like I said, Latendresse is overrated by those who like and bashed way too much by those who hate him. He is an average player who will never be a game breaker.

Old
10-26-2008, 05:45 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Hmm I could have swore that Lucic had a Hatrick and a 4 point night last night...
Damn! I also recall Laraque once having a hat trick! Seriously, Lucic is nothing more than a 3rd liner in most team in the NHL.

Old
10-26-2008, 05:59 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Damn! I also recall Laraque once having a hat trick! Seriously, Lucic is nothing more than a 3rd liner in most team in the NHL.
Back it up. I wanna see you do it.

Old
10-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Lucic, no debate here.

Old
10-26-2008, 10:40 PM
prevail

Lucic, even before he scored a hat trick, kid is a tank and backs down to no one. Latendresse makes bone head plays all the time and is good but he's no Lucic.

-Homer Habs fan

Old
10-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Mr. Hab

Voted for Lucic based on last year's playoffs (Lucic VS Komisarek was fun to watch).
That Lucic is a real s.o.b. (good for the Bruins' fans, bad for other teams!).

Lucic as a 3rd liner?? (this was mentioned in previous posts).

I see him as a 2nd line or 1st line PF in the near future (or now!). No?

Lucic may have Bertuzzi's potential?

Ok...that's enough sucking up to Bruins fans for one night!

Old
10-27-2008, 01:18 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
First off I'm not gonna argue who hits harder, cause really i think none of us can really know until you have been hit by both of them and felt the pain.

But to say that because Lucic hit Van Ryn through the glass and Komi has never done so means he hits harder than Komi is kinda a false statement. I don't think one check that breaks the glass proves much of anything.

I've seen Al Macinnis Slapshots miss the net and hit the glass without breaking it. I've also seen other instances where players take a wrist shot and hit the glass and shatter the thing. Does that mean that player's wristshot was harder than those McInnis slappers which bounced off the glass..... NO WAY.

There is a weak spot on every pane of that glass... if you hit the glass in just the right spot with enough force it will break... If you hit the glass with a big slapshot and it doesn't hit a weakpoint, it does nothing. So saying that one broken pane of glass proves who hits harder is really not conclusive proof of anything.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-27-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old
10-27-2008, 11:27 AM
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
LUCIC JUST SCORED A HATTRICK LAST NIGHT

Can I change my vote?

Seriously though, congrats to Milan. Gui still has a much higher offensive upside.
I case you wanted to see it...

Little bit of everything there. One goal he was wide open, another was an excellent tip and the third was him creating the play on the boards and finishing up the goal all by himself off his own rebound.

10-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
First off I'm not gonna argue who hits harder, cause really i think none of us can really know until you have been hit by both of them and felt the pain.

But to say that because Lucic hit Van Ryn through the glass and Komi has never done so means he hits harder than Komi is kinda a false statement. I don't think one check that breaks the glass proves much of anything.

I've seen Al Macinnis Slapshots miss the net and hit the glass without breaking it. I've also seen other instances where players take a wrist shot and hit the glass and shatter the thing. Does that mean that player's wristshot was harder than those McInnis slappers which bounced off the glass..... NO WAY.

There is a weak spot on every pane of that glass... if you hit the glass in just the right spot with enough force it will break... If you hit the glass with a big slapshot and it doesn't hit a weakpoint, it does nothing. So saying that one broken pane of glass proves who hits harder is really not conclusive proof of anything.
True but I'd imagine that this was brand new glass as it was only the Bruins second home game. And this glass didn't just break it was obliterated.

Old
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
True but I'd imagine that this was brand new glass as it was only the Bruins second home game. And this glass didn't just break it was obliterated.
Most of the glass is designed to shatter that way... into many tiny pieces.... better than hitting someone in the crowd with a big shard of glass...

If you hit the fault point it really doesn't matter how new the glass is; its gonna shatter.

Old
10-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Spectaculard
Trout104HR322RBI395R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Don't let common sense get in the way of your blind love for Lucie.

As for the poll, I'd take Lucic for his overall game. He will never score more than 25 goals in a season though.

Old
10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Are you saying that he's currently only a 3rd liner or are you saying that that's his peak?

If it's the former, I'd agree ... he's 20 years old, and just 8 games into his second pro season. Expecting him to be a top 6 forward at this point is unrealistic.

But if you're saying that he'll never be more than that, well, I disagree. A physical power forward that's capable of scoring 20 goals would be accepted on many teams' top 2 lines, IMHO.

Old
10-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Well he's only 20 so I find it hard to say he'll never be more than a 3rd liner. He has been playing on the 1st line for a few games now.

Old
10-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Don't let common sense get in the way of your blind love for Lucie.

As for the poll, I'd take Lucic for his overall game. He will never score more than 25 goals in a season though.
lol...

what a ridiculous statement... the kid is still only 19... i mean i could understand somebody saying he will never hit 40 goals... but 25?

come back in 4-5 years and say something like that

i also love how almost all the votes for Lats are from hab fans...

Old
10-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Mackee

Lucic for me until Guillaume starts going to the net with the same consistency.

Old
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Go Habs Go

I would pick Lucic, I love his name and style of play. I think Lats will score more but Lucic will provide much more physically. Who knows, things might change in a few years but for now I pick Lucic.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Habs fan here

As known on the habs board, I'm not a fan of Latendresse, it's not that I hate it's that I don't think he's as a good as what people make him out to be. He might hit a lot but I have yet to see him seperate the puck from a player with a hit. He still has trouble recieving passes, they usually bounce off his stick 8 times out of 10. He has a great shot, but it's doesn't have a quick release, so unless there's no one around him he can't use it. Most of his assists this season have come off of rebounds or dump ins that either Saku or Alex have scored, the only assist he got this season that he made a play was the Hamrlik goal. Also when playing more physical teams he tends to shy away, look at the Ducks game yesterday, he didn't even play 1/10th of what he usually plays(on a physical level). Montreal's next big powerforward has 1 goal in 8 games.

I think Lucic is a better player because what he brings to the table outweighs what Latendresse does. Lucic is a beast, he doesn't shy away from anything, when he hits he actually seperates the puck from the player, I'm not syaing he's going to be a 30-40 goal scorer, but his offensive skills are underrated. Lucic is the type of player that can easily change the momentum of a game with a big hit or a fight. He has pretty decent vision and pretty good shot. I love his slot work, if he had a quicker release he'd be a better scorer thats for sure.

8 games in and Lucic is only 4 goals away from his rookie year totals. As he gets more icetime he will get better.

Latendresse is hyped too much by people who like him and bashed too much by people who hate, but overall Latendresse is just an average player, like someone said you can find a dozen players who can play like him.

When it comes down to the end of the game, you'll never hear someone say oh I hate that Latendresse he always drives our team crazy, but you play against the Bruins you'll always hear "Oh I hate that Milan Lucic, he drives us crazy, always gets under our skin!"

That's why I voted for Lucic.
Spot on...Excellent post! Sorry to open this one up again.

Closed Thread