HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Scott Niedermayer at the deadline

Old
10-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

vCash: 500
Scott Niedermayer at the deadline

Any chance scotty gets traded this year? What does it take?

Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:05 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Ducks would have to be far out of playoff contention. I think in that case it would happen as he is a UFA after this season and he will likely retire. He will want to be a part of one more playoff run. In this scenario the Ducks should go into partial rebuild around the young core of Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Kunitz, etc.

The bidding starts at a 1st round pick.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 50
Personally, I doubt Burke would trade Neids, even out of playoff contention, unless Scott asked to be moved.

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Calgary was interested in him in 2005; he was very close to winding up in Calgary at that time.

Given Sutter's previous interest in him, plus Sutter's desire to pursue a player like Redden in the off-season this year (of which he never finished finding yet), plus the need for a puck-moving player like Niedermayer on Calgary's blueline... it's a good fit, if you ask me. Sutter has gone out in the past and gotten other good defenders around that time of year (re: Brad Stuart). I see a good fit in that Sutter would atleast be somewhat interested if Anaheim is out of it by then.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Poochie_D

O'Byrne and a first from the Habs. Thats a really good, fair offer If i do say so myself.

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Don't write off NJ being a destination for Niedermayer, for one I don't believe he hated it here as everyone likes to believe. At the beginning of his career with the Devils perhaps but winning cups can change how one might view a team they grew up with.

Also Scott said one of the hardest things he ever did was have to tell Lou he was leaving him for the Ducks, he had that much respect for the man.

But this is all moot if the Ducks are still in a playoff run by the deadline.

10-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Back off ya buzzards he's ours. NJ or nothing. I can see him signing in Jersey for one last hurrah!!! Or so I hope.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:34 AM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Back off ya buzzards he's ours. NJ or nothing. I can see him signing in Jersey for one last hurrah!!! Or so I hope.
You forgot allllll about Vancouver. As you should know, he wanted to play in Western Canada as one of his top choices.

Based on the history of Brian Burke, like one of the other person said, he wont be traded unless Ducks are well out of a playoff race, or if the right deal came along.

in 2000 he did Trade Alexander Mogilny in a middle of a Canuck playoff Race.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:36 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
You forgot allllll about Vancouver. As you should know, he wanted to play in Western Canada as one of his top choices.

Based on the history of Brian Burke, like one of the other person said, he wont be traded unless Ducks are well out of a playoff race, or if the right deal came along.

in 2000 he did Trade Alexander Mogilny in a middle of a Canuck playoff Race.
He got Brendan Morrison out of it who played well for Vancouver and we won the Cup so it worked out well for both. Morrison didn't stop to give me an interview today, but that's cool still seemed nice.

And I didn't forget about Vancouver, I just think he'll stay in Anaheim and then retire or give it one last go with the Devils.

Old
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Another thing, if there is any one hockey player who might be able to dictate where he is dealt to it's Niedermayer after what he did to help bring the Ducks the cup, because with all due respect to Duck fans I see no way they could have won it without him.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Modo
Mo'Benn

Taken from Ray Bourque's page at hockeydb.com because I think it's relevant:

Quote:
2000-Mar-06 Traded from Boston Bruins with Dave Andreychuk to Colorado Avalanche for Brian Rolston, Samuel Pahlsson, Martin Grenier and round 1 pick in the 2000 draft (Martin Samuelsson)
Think Niedermayer will draw a return close to this?

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Randall Graves*

Good prospect or young cheap and quality roster player+Mid prospect and a first atleast

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Randall Graves*

With that said I don't think he'll be traded and I don't think the ducks are going to be out of playoff contention come Feburary

Old
10-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Taken from Ray Bourque's page at hockeydb.com because I think it's relevant:

Think Niedermayer will draw a return close to this?
Someone will give it up at the time. Look at what Dorque did for Colorado.

Old
10-22-2008, 01:41 AM
hfboardsuser

Edmonton thought they had him that summer, until Burke made his visit. As Tambs is GM, I can see the two teams renewing business with one another. Scotty may also wish to finish his career in his hometown.

1st '09, Robert Nilsson and Jeff Petry?

God help the team that has to face Visnovsky, Souray and Nieds on the powerplay.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

I only see three teams, if they are in playoff contention. Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary. Geographically speaking, Calgary is the closest. He's all about playing near his hometown of Cranbrook.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Blades 0f Steel

No team with Chris Pronger, Scott Niedermayer & Teemu Selanne will miss the playoffs unless one of them misses more than 20 games.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
I only see three teams, if they are in playoff contention. Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary. Geographically speaking, Calgary is the closest. He's all about playing near his hometown of Cranbrook.
He doesn't have a NTC and dare I say given what he did last year the ducks owe him little in terms of giving him what he wants?

Old
10-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
Another thing, if there is any one hockey player who might be able to dictate where he is dealt to it's Niedermayer after what he did to help bring the Ducks the cup, because with all due respect to Duck fans I see no way they could have won it without him.
I think he pissed that away with Indecision 2007.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:10 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
I think he pissed that away with Indecision 2007.
Uhm, what?? What happen in 2007?

Old
10-22-2008, 02:16 AM
Modo
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Uhm, what?? What happen in 2007?
Niedermayer and Selanne's waiting game, sitting out for far longer than they needed to before signing contracts. Now Sundin's following suit.

It's quite annoying.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Niedermayer and Selanne's waiting game, sitting out for far longer than they needed to before signing contracts. Now Sundin's following suit.

It's quite annoying.
Okay, that explains what Leopold Stotch is talking about but that doesn't explain how Niedermayer pissed away the respect he brings.

Old
10-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Okay, that explains what Leopold Stotch is talking about but that doesn't explain how Niedermayer pissed away the respect he brings.
He didn't piss away respect, really, but after Burke moving some very nice assets to accomodate him and the whole thing overall, I don't see Burke letting Scotty call the shots. Actually, Burke might do that type of thing, but he shouldn't. What he should do is act in the best interests of the team and get the best package possible. I'm sure Scotty would understand.

I'm gonna be livid, though, if I'm thinking about this type of thing in February, though.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
He didn't piss away respect, really, but after Burke moving some very nice assets to accomodate him and the whole thing overall, I don't see Burke letting Scotty call the shots. Actually, Burke might do that type of thing, but he shouldn't. What he should do is act in the best interests of the team and get the best package possible. I'm sure Scotty would understand.

I'm gonna be livid, though, if I'm thinking about this type of thing in February, though.
That's a very fair point, Niedermayer might have used his bargaining chip already is what you are saying. I could see that.

Old
10-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

I agree with Leopold. Niedermayer already used his chip when he let Burke run the team knowing that Neidermayer might come back. Getting one of the best defenseman in the game back for your team around the middle of the year is a huge asset to the thinking of other teams, as well as your own team. To find out your team is aquiring a huge piece can lift a team.

To think like a GM is to think of the best team you can out on the ice at any point in time, unless the future can dicate a better option. IMO, Neids put Burke into the latter. To put an idea like that as a future option, will dictate any GM's future plans.

As for what might happen this season...I wouldn't want to be the GM who traded Scott Neidermayer.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote