HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

What does your team need and what will you give

Old
10-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Bank Shot

vCash: 500
Edmonton needs a Jay Bouwmeester not another forward. Edmonton is up to their ears in forwards of quality and diverse skillsets.

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 04:57 PM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
If they play well this year both Edmonton and MOntreal will be deadline buyers not sellers. Higgins isn't worth to Edmonton what he is to Montreal. There's been a lot of Higgins rumors, but Edmonton doesn't make sense. Edmonton is going to be looking for a 35-40 goal scorer and Higgins hasn't cracked 30. Edmonton certianly wouldn't be willing to give up anything substantial for Higgins as he'd be a third liner for Edmonton right now.
If Higgins would be on Edmonton's 3rd line then why do you need a scoring winger?

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets Fan View Post
Phoenix needs a bottom pairing d-man on a cheap contract.

Available: Enver Lisin, M Tellqvist, and/or Reinprecht
I'd take a chance on Lisen. Love his speed. How about Mathieu Roy and a pick. He a tough kid, 6-2, 215lb, 25yo and likely won't crack our lineup. He's a great hitter, reasonably reliable defensively, an ok skater, and even has a decent first pass. His biggest issue is that he tends to turn into the boards to try to escape the forecheck and sometimes gets plastered/injured in doing so. But if you can get him to stop doing that, he can be a decent player. And he makes 500K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Hemsky
to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
If Higgins would be on Edmonton's 3rd line then why do you need a scoring winger?
Because we already have two guys like Higgins in Cole and Penner. Some suggest we need a guy like Gaborik or Kovalchuk to play LW with Hemsky and Horcoff. And I can see their point, as it would be sweet to finally see Hemsky with an elite shooter.

But, I'd also be fine with us just chasing Bouwmeester hard at the deadline(so the cats don't lose him for nothing) or this summer and keep the scoring by committee, since we have the forward depth anyways. In fact I'd probably prefer that, as

Bouwmeester - Visnovsky
Souray - Grebeshkov
Gilbert - Staios
Smid

is an insane D-core.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Edmonton would need someone of the Vanke, Kovalchuk, Heatley type to play on the first line. Higgins is a reliable 20-30 goal guy, but a true scorer in the 35-45 range could propel the club to the next level. Penner is similar to Higgins and is already on the third line.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I'd take a chance on Lisen. Love his speed. How about Mathieu Roy and a pick. He a tough kid, 6-2, 215lb, 25yo and likely won't crack our lineup. He's a great hitter, reasonably reliable defensively, an ok skater, and even has a decent first pass. His biggest issue is that he tends to turn into the boards to try to escape the forecheck and sometimes gets plastered/injured in doing so. But if you can get him to stop doing that, he can be a decent player. And he makes 500K.

Because we already have two guys like Higgins in Cole and Penner. Some suggest we need a guy like Gaborik or Kovalchuk to play LW with Hemsky and Horcoff. And I can see their point, as it would be sweet to finally see Hemsky with an elite shooter.

But, I'd also be fine with us just chasing Bouwmeester hard at the deadline(so the cats don't lose him for nothing) or this summer and keep the scoring by committee, since we have the forward depth anyways. In fact I'd probably prefer that, as

Bouwmeester - Visnovsky
Souray - Grebeshkov
Gilbert - Staios
Smid

is an insane D-core.
It's also be a VERY expensive d-core. I don't know how much room would be left for the forwards after that.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:32 PM
braindead

Nashville needs 1,500 more season ticket holders. Will trade Fiddler, Smithson, Nichols, Ward.... DeVries, Zanon.... Gnash..... Ice Girls.... Pred Dancers.... Jim Ballsillie's leering gaze.... and the Chris Chelios jock straps left on our ice each year for the past several years.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:39 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
It's also be a VERY expensive d-core. I don't know how much room would be left for the forwards after that.
True, we might have to move Staios and one of Moreau or Pisani to fit in the needed forwards. And Roli is off the books after this year too

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:44 PM
canucks19

Canucks need a young second line player Bieksa is on the block.

canucks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 06:19 PM
eldiablo17

A physical second line forward for the Canucks (Someone who who can fore check well and draw players away from Demitra/Raymond)

Salo would probably be the defenseman available but only for contenders due to his NTC, Bieksa too but only for the right forward due to his excellent play as of late. Picks and some prospects are also available (Grabner/White) as well as Pyatt who would probably have to go the other way since there would be no room for him, and if you don't want Pyatt he would most likely be traded for a decent puck moving, bottom pairing defenseman.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 06:22 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Montreal wants more than anyone is willing to give for Halak. The fact being he is a good young goalie under contract and Montreal can probably get just as much for him by letting someone sign him to an offer sheet when he becomes an RFA. Unless Colorado is willing to pony up a 2nd pairing D-man
we have 7 of them (maybe not on Tjarnqvist, but the other 6 are pretty much second pairing D-men, and I haven't seen Tjarnqvist play enough but I was told heading into the season that's where he was), so I can actually see that trade happening

and the avs need a starting goalie and a #1 D-man(the goalie's more important), we have a bunch of second pairing D-men(Liles is off-limits because we just signed him to a pretty good contract, Foote is off limits because I think he wants to stay on the avs until he retires), Svatos, and we'll throw arnason in for free

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewindupbird View Post
Hawks need a 2nd line center.
Derek Armstrong + 2nd 09 for Barker

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:50 AM
Lee Denault

Leafs

Need: Youth + Picks

Give: Capable Veterans

Lee Denault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 04:26 AM
Luceni

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks19 View Post
Canucks need a young second line player Bieksa is on the block.
Callup Grabner and there is no need to trade for anything.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 06:00 AM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

Just thought I'd add the obvious, sens need a goalie. Surprise, surprise. Puck moving D would be a big one too. Not to sure who we have that has value in a trade though and I'd be willing to part with. I know the Avs want a tender, so I guess they don't want Gerber. Oh well

Edit: Had a think, I'd be willing to put Vermette, Gerber, Schubert, Bass (I'll get flamed I think by sens fans, but with emergence of Smith, who hasn't proven anything yet, he may be redundant with Spezza,Fish,kelly locked up long term). Any prospect not E.Karlsson, Lee, Foligno, Elliott, Zubov, O'Brien, Wiercoch.

Last edited by West Coast Eagles: 10-23-2008 at 06:17 AM.
West Coast Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 07:06 AM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
we have 7 of them (maybe not on Tjarnqvist, but the other 6 are pretty much second pairing D-men, and I haven't seen Tjarnqvist play enough but I was told heading into the season that's where he was), so I can actually see that trade happening

and the avs need a starting goalie and a #1 D-man(the goalie's more important), we have a bunch of second pairing D-men(Liles is off-limits because we just signed him to a pretty good contract, Foote is off limits because I think he wants to stay on the avs until he retires), Svatos, and we'll throw arnason in for free
Leopold is probably a defenseman in the mold of what Montreal needs, but I just hate trading goalies to Colorado....

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Hawksfan2828

The Hawks need Chris Pronger and a decent 2nd line center.

If we didnt trade Lang then just Pronger.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Dallas needs some defensive defensemen. Fast.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

NJ needs a top 4 D man, who is preferably a great puck mover (unless its JBou or maybe Bieksa/Ohlund/Salo who I would just consider a good puck mover)

They can offer Gionta, Oduya (for the right price), Bergfors or most other prospects, any pick besides a 1st, and any young player with decent potential like Greene, Salmela, Clarkson. Also a depth defenseman if you need, we have plenty.

Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:14 AM
theheadmata

Send a message via AIM to theheadmata
Think Edmonton would take Lundqvist and/or Sawada and a 3rd for Smid?

Is this even worth it?

Last edited by theheadmata: 10-23-2008 at 11:28 AM.
theheadmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:41 AM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadmata View Post
Think Edmonton would take Lundqvist and/or Sawada and a 3rd for Smid?

Is this even worth it?
We are very happy at this point with Garon. We want to get rid of Rolli. I think we should just waive him. I dont know much about Sawada what can you tell me about him.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Leopold is probably a defenseman in the mold of what Montreal needs, but I just hate trading goalies to Colorado....
Well, we got burned the first time, and the second time we certainly won out. Third time might be more similar to the first, unless we deal with the fact that Halak is a starter and we get something in return that pushes us to the Cup.

I like Leopold, so I'd love to see this deal go down. Montreal would likely toss in a pick or prospect to sweeten the pot. No need for Arnason or Svatos.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:22 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Preds might need another top six forward. Hörnqvist might sit tonight so we'll see how he responds to that before making any personnel moves.

That said, Nashville have a ton of draft picks along with Cal O'Reilly, Ville Koistinen, Jeremy Smith, and I would not hold Cody Franson totally out of the realm of possibility...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:25 PM
tony d
RIP Hot Rod

Ottawa needs a #1 goalie.

Maybe trade Nick Folingo, Martin Geber and Anton Volchenkov in order to get one.

10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Dallas needs some defensive defensemen. Fast.
What about Steve Ott ($1,425,000) for Garnet Exelby ($1,391,667). Both have 2 years remaining.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
What about Steve Ott ($1,425,000) for Garnet Exelby ($1,391,667). Both have 2 years remaining.
Don't know to much about him BF...what is his style of play. By the looks of it offense is not a strong point. His he a solid stay at home defenseman?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote