Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Trade Ideas

Old
10-22-2008, 04:43 PM
mncdn

vCash: 500
Trade Ideas

Since Gabby is on the block I wanted to get an idea of what we could get if we threw Benoit Pouliot into the mix.

Obviously we have all heard that Montreal and LA have expressed interest but i was listening to XM radio and they mentioned that the Panthers or the Ducks might be a good fit.

From the following teams who would you want in return for Gabby and Pouliot.

CDNS - I like the Higgins and Ryan McDonagh and a second rounder

LA -O'Sullivan and Frolov

Florida - Bouwmeester and Horton (Nolan is from the Niagara region too and played for the same Junior B club. Also we a trade for Bouwmeester would be good because either team would be in the same position to sign the player before they are unrestriced.

Anaheim - Getzlaf and Carter

Just my picks. They might be pipedreams but I thought I would get the dicussion going.

mncdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM

The MTL deal doesn't clear cap.

LA has already declined interest, they are rebuilding, what use do they have for a rental this year when they could just sign him as an FA?

Bouwmeester is a UFA, we'd be in the same situation as we are already in, only worse off. If we had to keep a UFA on our roster and possibly lose them for nothing, Gaby gives us the better chance to win.

Anaheim - Burke isn't interested.

The dozens of pages of "discussion" have been rolling for a long time, not sure why this couldn't go in one of them.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Mancini79

Send a message via MSN to Mancini79 Send a message via Yahoo to Mancini79
I Like the Frolov O'Sullivan deal

Plus I had mentioned before, the possibility of Frolov and Stoll or A top prospect. However I like Pouliot in the mix (he's in Mark Parrish's old doghouse) from what Russo says. Although Jl recanted his statements today stating his play has been decent. Sounds like some propaganda to me. . I think Pouliot has earned a tiny bit of attention due to his Highlight reel goal against Florida. Scouts for Florida noticed that as well I'm sure and believe me, they're watching too. You are really on to something here I think. As a Kings fan as well I would love to see that deal go down. What else makes sense? As wildfans lets post on worthy proposals here......Realistic.

My Thought: I hope the Wild keep him him long term. Maybe not 10 years, but our organization has done very, very well for itself and I feel this would be a major step back for :

1) Management and Player relationships. (Dancing on eggshells for your job being only part of the problem) And rumors of Management misleading us FANS through Mass Media. Example: Gaby denies 10yr 80 mill was even offered to him. Sounds to me if he's denying the offer, maybe an indication of a reasonable offer for him and his bloodsucker Agent.

2) The Fans.....If we are the team of 18k we need to feel like part of the team rather than a #or 90 dollar ticket. Fans want Gaby. Gaby puts butts in those seats...period

3) Minnesota pride!!! Let's keep our stars, especially since Gaborik was the first player to ever wear a Wild sweater. That means alot to me as a fan. Like Walzy does to many of us. Sorry for rambling.

Mancini79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:31 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfan1979 View Post
Plus I had mentioned before, the possibility of Frolov and Stoll or A top prospect. However I like Pouliot in the mix (he's in Mark Parrish's old doghouse) from what Russo says. Although Jl recanted his statements today stating his play has been decent. Sounds like some propaganda to me. . I think Pouliot has earned a tiny bit of attention due to his Highlight reel goal against Florida. Scouts for Florida noticed that as well I'm sure and believe me, they're watching too. You are really on to something here I think. As a Kings fan as well I would love to see that deal go down. What else makes sense? As wildfans lets post on worthy proposals here......Realistic.

My Thought: I hope the Wild keep him him long term. Maybe not 10 years, but our organization has done very, very well for itself and I feel this would be a major step back for :

1) Management and Player relationships. (Dancing on eggshells for your job being only part of the problem) And rumors of Management misleading us FANS through Mass Media. Example: Gaby denies 10yr 80 mill was even offered to him. Sounds to me if he's denying the offer, maybe an indication of a reasonable offer for him and his bloodsucker Agent.

2) The Fans.....If we are the team of 18k we need to feel like part of the team rather than a #or 90 dollar ticket. Fans want Gaby. Gaby puts butts in those seats...period

3) Minnesota pride!!! Let's keep our stars, especially since Gaborik was the first player to ever wear a Wild sweater. That means alot to me as a fan. Like Walzy does to many of us. Sorry for rambling.
Why does everyone think that losing Gabby is a step back? I love the guy but he has been a cancer for too long. He held out on us in 2003 b/c he wanted more $$$, and we gave it to him. Then we trade our 1st draft pick and O'Sullivan for his buttbuddy Demitra who is a shadow of his own self, so we can keep him on the team and keep him happy with a fellow countrymen. Then we go and try to offer $8.5M to Hossa so we can make both of those two happy to play with another elite player in the NHL from their country, who knows what we might have gotten if we didn't waste all our time on that! Then we throw offer after offer after offer at this guy and he keeps saying "I wanna play here and it isn't about the money" so its obviously the Hossa Effect as I like to call it. He wants to score a ton of goals and win a championship. Nothing wrong with it, I just hope he doesn't sandbag so we get screwed like Atlanta did.

1. Its been reported through other avenues that he was offered this amount. Russeo tends to get decent information as to whats going on. Hell the guy even showed me once in his phone that he had Gabby's number saved. Its not like this is coming from the AP wires.

2. Gabby does not put butts in those seats and if you were a season ticket holder you would understand that. I'm not bashing you in any way, but there is a huge difference between going to a game because of one star and going because you are a fan of the entire team. Were you pissed and didn't go to any Twins/Vikings/Twolves games after Santana, Moss, or Garnett were traded? Did you not watch them on TV? Always look at the perspective outside what your own personal reasons are for watching a team. If you are only cheering for Gabby, then I would hope you would buy his next teams jersey and cheer for them. Fact is, regardless that its been SE opponents, this team is 4-0-0 without Gaborik, PMB, and Nolan...all 3 were the ones ppl were nuthugging that we needed or we would fail. That has not happened.

3. Its a business man, plain and simple. Gaborik may be the Jeter of this team...but we are lucky we have even held onto him this long. Too much drama comes with this guy and I'm beginning to believe its something in the water in Slovakia lol. Our team can benefit as a WHOLE with some great 2-way forwards (think Madden) who can still score and can also play great in the trap. I wouldn't be too upset to see a MIN-NJ trade. Least we would know those players would flow in the system right away.

I'm happy with the way our team is playing and when this drama dies I'll be even happier. Let Gaborik be happy too. If he wants to play here, then he will stop acting like Hossa did with Atlanta and sign the stupid contract or have them cut him loose. The longer we hold onto him, the more chances he has to screw up, get "hurt" or a combination of the two which only dwindles his attraction to other teams. If he truly cares about our organization and the thousands of Wild fans who have bought his jersey's and stood in line to get his autograph he will make sure we come out in a fair deal if he decides to leave. I would like for him to stay, but I'm not willing to sacrifice losing someone like Koivu or Burns for him.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 11:03 AM
swany

How about Cogliano, Penner, Schremp and a 1 rounder for Gabby.

swany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Mancini79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Why does everyone think that losing Gabby is a step back? I love the guy but he has been a cancer for too long. He held out on us in 2003 b/c he wanted more $$$, and we gave it to him. Then we trade our 1st draft pick and O'Sullivan for his buttbuddy Demitra who is a shadow of his own self, so we can keep him on the team and keep him happy with a fellow countrymen. Then we go and try to offer $8.5M to Hossa so we can make both of those two happy to play with another elite player in the NHL from their country, who knows what we might have gotten if we didn't waste all our time on that! Then we throw offer after offer after offer at this guy and he keeps saying "I wanna play here and it isn't about the money" so its obviously the Hossa Effect as I like to call it. He wants to score a ton of goals and win a championship. Nothing wrong with it, I just hope he doesn't sandbag so we get screwed like Atlanta did.

1. Its been reported through other avenues that he was offered this amount. Russeo tends to get decent information as to whats going on. Hell the guy even showed me once in his phone that he had Gabby's number saved. Its not like this is coming from the AP wires.

2. Gabby does not put butts in those seats and if you were a season ticket holder you would understand that. I'm not bashing you in any way, but there is a huge difference between going to a game because of one star and going because you are a fan of the entire team. Were you pissed and didn't go to any Twins/Vikings/Twolves games after Santana, Moss, or Garnett were traded? Did you not watch them on TV? Always look at the perspective outside what your own personal reasons are for watching a team. If you are only cheering for Gabby, then I would hope you would buy his next teams jersey and cheer for them. Fact is, regardless that its been SE opponents, this team is 4-0-0 without Gaborik, PMB, and Nolan...all 3 were the ones ppl were nuthugging that we needed or we would fail. That has not happened.

3. Its a business man, plain and simple. Gaborik may be the Jeter of this team...but we are lucky we have even held onto him this long. Too much drama comes with this guy and I'm beginning to believe its something in the water in Slovakia lol. Our team can benefit as a WHOLE with some great 2-way forwards (think Madden) who can still score and can also play great in the trap. I wouldn't be too upset to see a MIN-NJ trade. Least we would know those players would flow in the system right away.

I'm happy with the way our team is playing and when this drama dies I'll be even happier. Let Gaborik be happy too. If he wants to play here, then he will stop acting like Hossa did with Atlanta and sign the stupid contract or have them cut him loose. The longer we hold onto him, the more chances he has to screw up, get "hurt" or a combination of the two which only dwindles his attraction to other teams. If he truly cares about our organization and the thousands of Wild fans who have bought his jersey's and stood in line to get his autograph he will make sure we come out in a fair deal if he decides to leave. I would like for him to stay, but I'm not willing to sacrifice losing someone like Koivu or Burns for him.
That was really well put. Thanks for the feedback. I am a season ticket holder, but I see your points. People are gonna love the Wild anyway. I wish all this drama would just go away and he'd sign a deal or move on, but do it quick. We don't need that huge distraction. To be honest I think Koivu and Burns and Butch are the backbone of our team. Gaby adds alot, but I believe Koivu will be a Super Star. I also believe that Backs is gonna have a hell of a season. He's kind of in that end of the season form.

Old
10-23-2008, 04:20 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
That was really well put. Thanks for the feedback. I am a season ticket holder, but I see your points. People are gonna love the Wild anyway. I wish all this drama would just go away and he'd sign a deal or move on, but do it quick. We don't need that huge distraction. To be honest I think Koivu and Burns and Butch are the backbone of our team. Gaby adds alot, but I believe Koivu will be a Super Star. I also believe that Backs is gonna have a hell of a season. He's kind of in that end of the season form.
I really know where your coming from man, I really do. I'm just so frustrated with everyone believing Marian is this team and without him we can't win a game let alone compete in this division/conference. If anything the last two games have shown our true form. Its just like NJ, they didn't have those all-stars other teams have but yet they still win because they play together. Look at teams like Tampa Bay and Dallas who have all that talent and can't win a damn game.

Old
10-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Kingsfan1

Sully and Frolov ?

WOW

LMAO

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Mancini79

Quote:
I really know where your coming from man, I really do. I'm just so frustrated with everyone believing Marian is this team and without him we can't win a game let alone compete in this division/conference. If anything the last two games have shown our true form. Its just like NJ, they didn't have those all-stars other teams have but yet they still win because they play together. Look at teams like Tampa Bay and Dallas who have all that talent and can't win a damn game.
One thing I've noticed and it's been pointed out by Russo is that one of changes to the Wild's game has been puck control and being a great puck moving team. Which doesn't make Gaborik's breakout speed as important as has in the past. We lost almost 64 goals in the offseason between Rolston, Demitra, and Parrish(poor guy) so it makes sense to change things up a little. I'm so glad Brunette is back on our team. Man, him and Koivu are just awesome around the net.

Old
10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Mancini79

As far as I'm concerned Mikko Koivu is our leader and our MVP... in my opinion sorry had to say it and get it out there.

Old
10-28-2008, 05:32 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
One thing I've noticed and it's been pointed out by Russo is that one of changes to the Wild's game has been puck control and being a great puck moving team. Which doesn't make Gaborik's breakout speed as important as has in the past. We lost almost 64 goals in the offseason between Rolston, Demitra, and Parrish(poor guy) so it makes sense to change things up a little. I'm so glad Brunette is back on our team. Man, him and Koivu are just awesome around the net.
We are undefeated for October 6-0-1 at this point. We had Gabby for...what 2 of those games? And the only team we have "lost" to was a team that I really think is the Minnesota of the Eastern Conference. No one is giving Buffalo any credit either and look at what Vanek is doing for that team...literally putting the team on his back and showing why he is was a steal for them. We will have lost 100+ goals between those 3 and Gabby. Yet we are still winning? I look at it from the standpoint the defense is clicking like I never thought it would and Backstrom is playing like a beast right now... 1.92 GAA? Seriously! I hate to always compare this team to others, but its kinda hard not to with JL's system and when you look at NJ, they won games by defense and scoring a goal more than their opponent. We don't need to be the Wings and score 6 goals and still only win by 1 do we? And look at their level of talent to honestly ours. Their 1st line is around $30M if you count Lidstrom and Rafalski in it. Ours is....what? $20M if we're lucky?

Old
10-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Iron Range Red

We have only played against a playoff team -- the Bruins. We played against 2 teams that were in the bottom 3 teams of the league last season and seem destined to stay there. This next week and half is going to be a test on how good this team really is. They play Dallas, Montreal, Sharks, Avs, and the Canucks. Teams that made the playoffs or are in our division. Except for Montreal and the Sharks, the other 3 teams have struggled a little bit. We've gotten a lot of rest in while some have played a more demanding schedule. We should use this period to bank in our points because come March, it's going to be hellish with 14 out 17 games on the road.

Defense, goal tending, and timely scoring have won us games. When you don't have scorers in your lineup, the Wild turns to defense to help them win games. This team has bought into Lemaire's system and they are bearing down hard. Keep goals out of your net and try to put in at least 3 goals a night to win games. It use to be only 2 goals. Also, pray that the other team doesn't score 4.

Backstrom has stepped up. Koivu has stepped up. Mittens has stepped up. Bruno has stepped up. The defensive core has stepped up. We just need the other players to play a more consistent game.

Iron Range Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 08:17 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Range Red View Post
We have only played against a playoff team -- the Bruins. We played against 2 teams that were in the bottom 3 teams of the league last season and seem destined to stay there. This next week and half is going to be a test on how good this team really is. They play Dallas, Montreal, Sharks, Avs, and the Canucks. Teams that made the playoffs or are in our division. Except for Montreal and the Sharks, the other 3 teams have struggled a little bit. We've gotten a lot of rest in while some have played a more demanding schedule. We should use this period to bank in our points because come March, it's going to be hellish with 14 out 17 games on the road.

Defense, goal tending, and timely scoring have won us games. When you don't have scorers in your lineup, the Wild turns to defense to help them win games. This team has bought into Lemaire's system and they are bearing down hard. Keep goals out of your net and try to put in at least 3 goals a night to win games. It use to be only 2 goals. Also, pray that the other team doesn't score 4.

Backstrom has stepped up. Koivu has stepped up. Mittens has stepped up. Bruno has stepped up. The defensive core has stepped up. We just need the other players to play a more consistent game.
Totally agree with you on the level of competition we have played hasn't been exactly staggering. However, people had hopes for TB and while they were the bottom of the league last season....they have a total overhaul on their plate and Vinny alone makes that team deadly, no? Atlanta was the easiest game IMO and Buffalo a year before was in the EC Championship and then went into their rebuilding year losing Briere and Drury and Vanek definitely not acting like Vanek. Its fair to say that those two teams weren't exactly "easy wins" wouldn't you agree? At least we hung with the Sabres. You are right though, playing this next week is going to show their true grit and I really hope they are able to hold onto it and keep the momentum going for November for a change.

I really want to believe its because they are proving to themselves that they don't need the likes of Rolston, Demitra, or even Gaborik on the team to win these games. That they can rely soley on one another and with their own talents to win games.

I'm giving a few a little break for right now to allow them some time to mesh up. If they can't get it together by the end of November, I hope JL sees who he should be wanting to trade Gabby for. Lets actually get something for these top tier players. Hell look at the money we'll save not having to pay a $8.5M salary next year to anyone

Old
10-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Totally agree with you on the level of competition we have played hasn't been exactly staggering. However, people had hopes for TB and while they were the bottom of the league last season....they have a total overhaul on their plate and Vinny alone makes that team deadly, no? Atlanta was the easiest game IMO and Buffalo a year before was in the EC Championship and then went into their rebuilding year losing Briere and Drury and Vanek definitely not acting like Vanek. Its fair to say that those two teams weren't exactly "easy wins" wouldn't you agree? At least we hung with the Sabres. You are right though, playing this next week is going to show their true grit and I really hope they are able to hold onto it and keep the momentum going for November for a change.

I really want to believe its because they are proving to themselves that they don't need the likes of Rolston, Demitra, or even Gaborik on the team to win these games. That they can rely soley on one another and with their own talents to win games.

I'm giving a few a little break for right now to allow them some time to mesh up. If they can't get it together by the end of November, I hope JL sees who he should be wanting to trade Gabby for. Lets actually get something for these top tier players. Hell look at the money we'll save not having to pay a $8.5M salary next year to anyone
I don't think we can kid ourselves. Gaborik is an exceptional player. No, we don't NEED Gaborik to win, but why put us on the borderline where we only get players we NEED to win? We should be having players on the roster that makes it EASIER to win and Gaborik helps alot.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Iron Range Red

Quote:

Don't delude yourself in thinking that they don't need another scorer. What this team is proving is a strong adherence to defense wins games. They still need that scorer. It doesn't have to be Gaborik but they need that prolific scorer. Lemaire has said that Gaborik in the lineup gives them 3 scoring lines even if he is paired with 2 checkers instead of 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines.

TB might have had an overhaul but they struggled mightily. They had not won any games and lost a couple in OT or SO before our game. They also had a former player from last year as one of their Assistant Coaches. He knew our MO. However, I will concede that while they had a superior offense, we had a superior defense and Belanger (he did save 2 goals with diving blocks), which cancels each other out. But, I would have given TB more credit if they had lived up to their hype with their overhaul.

Iron Range Red is offline   Reply With Quote