HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would you give for Callahan and Korpikoski?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2008, 09:25 PM
  #1
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
What would you give for Callahan and Korpikoski?

What would you give for Callahan and Korpikoski?

We have too much depth in NY, where not only are our rookies unable to make it, but even long term successful NHLers have to rotate in and out.

So anyways, Callahan is 23 and Korpikoski is 22. They are both good young players.

We need one top-6 forward for him who's 30 or younger. What would you offer to get both of them?

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:26 PM
  #2
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
So you say our rookies aren't able to make the team, yet you want to trade Korpedo? HELL NO

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:28 PM
  #3
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
What would you give for Callahan and Korpikoski?

We have too much depth in NY, where not only are our rookies unable to make it, but even long term successful NHLers have to rotate in and out.

So anyways, Callahan is 23 and Korpikoski is 22. They are both good young players.

We need one top-6 forward for him who's 30 or younger. What would you offer to get both of them?
Doug Risebrough offers one Marian Gaborik in exchange for Callahan, Korpikoski, Evgeny Grachev and 2009 1st round pick.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:30 PM
  #4
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,729
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
What would you give for Callahan and Korpikoski?

We have too much depth in NY, where not only are our rookies unable to make it, but even long term successful NHLers have to rotate in and out.

So anyways, Callahan is 23 and Korpikoski is 22. They are both good young players.

We need one top-6 forward for him who's 30 or younger. What would you offer to get both of them?

Ehhh

Its Prucha and Rissmiller(waived) that we need to get rid of

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:31 PM
  #5
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,729
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Doug Risebrough offers one Marian Gaborik in exchange for Callahan, Korpikoski, Evgeny Grachev and 2009 1st round pick.


And Glen Sather jokingly mentions to Doug about the Salary Cap

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:31 PM
  #6
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Doug Risebrough offers one Marian Gaborik in exchange for Callahan, Korpikoski, Evgeny Grachev and 2009 1st round pick.
Ehhhh....Im not sold on Gaborik. plus we would still need to clear ~4 mil. And we need to keep Grachev, kid will be a horse.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
  #7
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary
 
Lundqvist=Vezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My world
Country: United States
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Ehhhh....Im not sold on Gaborik. plus we would still need to clear ~4 mil. And we need to keep Grachev, kid will be a horse.
You have to give to get. That package is very similar to the Hossa package. If it weren't for the cap space I'd probably do it.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:42 PM
  #8
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
You have to give to get. That package is very similar to the Hossa package. If it weren't for the cap space I'd probably do it.
Hossa also doesn't have a history of injury problems. I wasn't a fan of the Hossa trade at all. Also Korpedo has top 6 potential, Grachev has top 6 potential, and Callahan is a very good 3rd liner. And I absolutely hate trading 1st's

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:43 PM
  #9
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
You have to give to get. That package is very similar to the Hossa package. If it weren't for the cap space I'd probably do it.
Good point. The Hossa package actually IMO was a bit less than the package I came up with, because to me Gaborik holds a bit more value being younger than Hossa.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:46 PM
  #10
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Good point. The Hossa package actually IMO was a bit less than the package I came up with, because to me Gaborik holds a bit more value being younger than Hossa.
It wasn't a bad proposal. A lot of people from the Rangers board would be all over it actually. Just I think I'm the minority(as a Ranger fan) that I want to build within rather than trading for a player that is commanding 9.5 mil per year.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:47 PM
  #11
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Hossa also doesn't have a history of injury problems.
I think sometimes people make too much out of Gaborik's injuries. Yes, its more excessive than your average NHLer, but Gaborik is only 26 and has over 500 NHL games(487 reg. season + 29 playoffs) underneath his resume already.

Seasons of 71, 78, 81, 65, 65, 48 and 77 last season...415 pts in 487 GP...207 goals...12 G and 22 Pts in 29 career playoff games...the guy did all that on the defensive oriented Minnesota Wild.

Also, I think maybe thats what hes commanding from Minnesota actually, I think he wants out so hes saying the only way he'll stay is if you give me this amount...lol

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:49 PM
  #12
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,729
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
It wasn't a bad proposal. A lot of people from the Rangers board would be all over it actually. Just I think I'm the minority(as a Ranger fan) that I want to build within rather than trading for a player that is commanding 9.5 mil per year.

I think a lot of people want to give the youngsters a chance but we definitely need a goalscorer.

Not the thread for it but as talked about on the Rangers board there is a contract or two i'd love to see dropped.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:51 PM
  #13
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,360
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
What would you give for Callahan and Korpikoski?

We have too much depth in NY, where not only are our rookies unable to make it, but even long term successful NHLers have to rotate in and out.

So anyways, Callahan is 23 and Korpikoski is 22. They are both good young players.

We need one top-6 forward for him who's 30 or younger. What would you offer to get both of them?
Senator -- you can have my answer now if you like. My offer is this -- nothing.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:53 PM
  #14
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
I think sometimes people make too much out of Gaborik's injuries. Yes, its more excessive than your average NHLer, but Gaborik is only 26 and has over 500 NHL games(487 reg. season + 29 playoffs) underneath his resume already.

Seasons of 71, 78, 81, 65, 65, 48 and 77 last season...415 pts in 487 GP...207 goals...12 G and 22 Pts in 29 career playoff games...the guy did all that on the defensive oriented Minnesota Wild.

Also, I think maybe thats what hes commanding from Minnesota actually, I think he wants out so hes saying the only way he'll stay is if you give me this amount...lol
That is true, but I don't want to trade a guy like Grachev who IMO has huge upside, when he hasn't even played in Ranger blue yet. I wouldn't mind if there were somehow a 3-way trade with Rozsival gettting traded and Gaborik coming in though. lol.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 09:54 PM
  #15
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Doug Risebrough offers one Marian Gaborik in exchange for Callahan, Korpikoski, Evgeny Grachev and 2009 1st round pick.
I find it difficult to say no to this offer. We get a stud in return for 3 players who (at the moment) don't appear to be franchise guys along with what is probably going to be a bottom 10 first round pick. If we can be guaranteed a contract I'm all over this deal.

Now, aside from a superstar trade like this one, there is no reason for the Rangers to trade EITHER of Callahan or Korpikoski. They're better off just getting some mid-late draft picks for Rissmiller and maybe Prucha. Horrible idea to trade what ultimately is the depth of our roster in Korpikoski and Callahan.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:01 PM
  #16
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
That is true, but I don't want to trade a guy like Grachev who IMO has huge upside, when he hasn't even played in Ranger blue yet. I wouldn't mind if there were somehow a 3-way trade with Rozsival gettting traded and Gaborik coming in though. lol.
Theres no guarantee Grachev ever makes the NHL, and if he does, doesn't bolt to the KHL at some point. Sure, hes in NA now, but how long will that last?

But you add a superstar like Gaborik to your existing lineup without losing an impact player in your current lineup, that should catapult the Rangers into the true Cup contender category IMO.

Gaborik more than likely won't end up a Ranger...but if this deal was on the table I can't imagine your GM passing it up. (besides any potential cap issues of course)

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:02 PM
  #17
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Theres no guarantee Grachev ever makes the NHL, and if he does, doesn't bolt to the KHL. You add a superstar like Gaborik to your existing lineup without losing an impact player in your current lineup, that should catapult the Rangers into the true Cup contender category IMO.

Gaborik more than likely won't end up a Ranger...but if this deal was on the table I can't imagine your GM passing it up. (besides any potential cap issues of course)
It would be hard for Grachev to bolt from the KHL, when he is playing in the AHL isnt it?


Like I said before though, if Rozsival was going I'd be all over it.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:07 PM
  #18
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Um why would we trade either?

Cally is not going anywhere, he will be a perfect 3rd liner for years on the team and the perfect example of the type of players we want on the team. Korpi is a rookie, so you want to trade him? That made no sense.

And who do we have knocking on the door to make the team as a forward? Anisimov is it, and another season in HFD isnt going to hurt him (hes 20 for crying out loud).


And again, "our rookies unable to make it" that makes ZERO sense...did you forget Staal? Dubinsky? Callahan? Dawes? Girardi? They were all rookies with the Rangers, and look where they are now, playing a full time role very well.

Where is your logic coming from in this post?

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:07 PM
  #19
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
It would be hard for Grachev to bolt from the KHL, when he is playing in the AHL isnt it?
Actually, Grachev is playing for the Brampton Battalion of the OHL...I never said he was in the AHL. I'm just saying whatever league hes in thats not named the KHL, thats what some people worry about with these russian kids that they will leave to play there.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:11 PM
  #20
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Actually, Grachev is playing for the Brampton Battalion of the OHL...I never said he was in the AHL. I'm just saying whatever league hes in thats not named the KHL, thats what some people worry about with these russian kids that they will leave to play there.
Really? I thought he got assigned to Hartford. He shows promise of staying here, I doubt he'd go to the KHL.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:13 PM
  #21
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Yeah I've been following Grachev since I selected him in my dynasty keeper league. Hes in the OHL. Another guy who seems content with staying in North America for now(besides Filatov) is Dimitri Kugryshev, one of the Caps prospects. Hes playing pretty well in the QMJHL right now, but who knows what will happen with these russian prospects.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:14 PM
  #22
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Really? I thought he got assigned to Hartford. He shows promise of staying here, I doubt he'd go to the KHL.
Grachev is not going to the KHL, he already stated he will play in NA. Hence the reason he got out of Russia to start his NA career as soon as he could.

Plus Russia threatening him in the summer to not allow him to play in any International tournaments probably didnt help.

And you should probably read up on our prospects on our stickied threads Grachev has been doing very well lately in the OHL.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:16 PM
  #23
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Grachev is not going to the KHL, he already stated he will play in NA. Hence the reason he got out of Russia to start his NA career as soon as he could.

Plus Russia threatening him in the summer to not allow him to play in any International tournaments probably didnt help.

And you should probably read up on our prospects on our stickied threads Grachev has been doing very well lately in the OHL.
I know that he isn't going to the KHL, He was my favorite prospect coming into the draft.

I know I should I haven't checked it out in a while.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:18 PM
  #24
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Its good to hear such positive things about Grachev...makes me look like a genuis for picking him up for free since nobody bothered to draft him(or Petrov, or Kugryshev or Voinov for that matter).

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:21 PM
  #25
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,379
vCash: 500
Trading Callahan is pretty unlikely imo. He's homegrown and fits Rennys style pretty well. They want to send the right message to the guys in Hartford. Its not work hard , make the big team so we can trade you.

That being said some guys might be a better fit elsewhere. But not Cally and its too soon to tell with Korpedo imo.

The guys on thin ice are Prucha and Dawes. Lots of potential but inconsistent or invisible. Both are good players who are not finishing enough to stay on this team.

I would LOVE to get Gaborik, but the cap hit is unmanageable from the Rangers standpoint.

Prucha and Dawes dont have a great return by themselves, but could land an upgrade if packaged with a top prospect like Sanguinetti and/or a pick

What's the Value of this package?

Prucha/Dawes, Saguinetti, 2nd Rounder

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.