HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Khabibulin

Old
10-22-2008, 11:01 PM
leatherneck0507

vCash: 500
Khabibulin

I know he was waived earlier this year, but it appears that the decision by coaching/Tallon is paying off by showcasing his talent.

Khabibulin has arguably been one of the best goaltenders so far this year, and has come back tonight with yet another great game and a shut-out. Granted the whole Hawks team shut down the Oilers tonight, but Khabi has been playing well enough that I might actually be said to see him go if/when he is traded...

I for one would be upset if I was a fan of Colorado/Ottawa/L.A. etc... as now it appears that Khabi's value has skyrocketed especially considering how some of the so called "elite" goalies have been playing subpar lately!! GO HAWKS!!

leatherneck0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Teemu

He actually *has* a value now, which is a significant improvement.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Don't think his value is that great right now. I'd give it to the trade deadline and if he's still playing like a solid #1 goalie then his value would skyrocket.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Metallian*

hopefully he nets us a 2nd rounder or something come the deadline

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:12 PM
leatherneck0507

well what I mean by skyrocketing value... as stated above the fact that he actually has value now is promising... now the Hawks aren't in the position to send a pick/prospect along with him to get rid of his contract... I'd be happy to go with an alternating goalie rotation with 2 #1 goalies all year

leatherneck0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
hopefully he nets us a 2nd rounder or something come the deadline
Why would someone want him at the deadline? Does someone think he will cause them to win the Cup or even an extra round?

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:16 PM
massivegoonery

Why would you trade your starting goaltender at the deadline?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Why would someone want him at the deadline? Does someone think he will cause them to win the Cup or even an extra round?
Tampa once did.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:02 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
You don't think Khabibulin could get traded to Ottawa and help them win a round or two?

Seriously?

I think he'd be a clear upgrade over Gerber and Auld, and he's a guy he's been there before. Isn't it obvious why someone would want him at the deadline?

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Why would you trade your starting goaltender at the deadline?
It's not unheard of, Edmonton acquired Roloson at the deadline, Washington acquired Huet at the deadline and Colorado acquired Theodore at the deadline. Huet pushed WAS into and playoff spot and Roloson got EDM to the finals.

There are teams out there that have solid skaters and a starting goaltender would put them over the top. Teams like Ottawa, Tampa Bay (unlikely, but maybe trying to get a playoff spot at the deadline), and LA (once again unlikely, but if they're close to a playoff spot.

Also, consider this is a goalie who is playoff tested and has gotten hot during the playoffs before. He was excellant in the 2004 playoffs, but I don't remember how that ended... I think he did allright though.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Scrambllllle

Gerber and a 3rd. Saves Chicago cap space to bring up barker

Scrambllllle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambllllle View Post
Gerber and a 3rd. Saves Chicago cap space to bring up barker
Hawks dont need a goalie back. We have Niemi and Crawford in AHL waiting to take over #2 spot.

And after seeing how awful Gerber is getting i wouldn't want him here.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:22 AM
msconduct

Send a message via MSN to msconduct
One bad goal past game ... two in past three? I guess the Stars should trade Turco too.

msconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Scrambllllle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hawks dont need a goalie back. We have Niemi and Crawford in AHL waiting to take over #2 spot.

And after seeing how awful Gerber is getting i wouldn't want him here.
Taking Gerber back would be the only way we could fit Khabi under the cap. I know you wouldn't want him and we won't bury him in the minors so a deal would realistically never work out. But nonetheless if I'm Bryan Murray I call and say, "Gerber and a 3rd". I'm then hung up on and go back to looking for ottawa natives to fill gaps in the lineup

Old
10-23-2008, 12:36 AM
OneSharpMarble

His value has "skyrocketed" after beating an Oilers team that barely even tried! Yeah I bet teams will be lining up for his services!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:45 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
His value has "skyrocketed" after beating an Oilers team that barely even tried! Yeah I bet teams will be lining up for his services!
"...barely even tried..."

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Taking Gerber back would be the only way we could fit Khabi under the cap. I know you wouldn't want him and we won't bury him in the minors so a deal would realistically never work out. But nonetheless if I'm Bryan Murray I call and say, "Gerber and a 3rd". I'm then hung up on and go back to looking for ottawa natives to fill gaps in the lineup
You would have to move him to Colorado or something cause Hawks wouldn't take him unless it was a 1st coming along.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 12:51 AM
alphahelix

not so far from the truth, although a better wording would be "demonstrated a lack of work ethic and energy.. sucked"

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Scrambllllle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You would have to move him to Colorado or something cause Hawks wouldn't take him unless it was a 1st coming along.
Why on earth would Colorado want Gerber?

Ottawa wants rid of Gerber.

Chicago wants rid of Khabibulin.

Ottawa wants Khabibulin.

Chicago wants cap space.

Only way Ottawa takes him is if you take Gerber. We won't send anything else with Gerber. You don't want him? Fine we'll just sign him in the off season if we still want him. With the rest of our problems goaltending being fixed won't make a big enough difference for us to trade away a 1st round pick. We're not that desperate to get rid of him.

Old
10-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 50
Quote:

Ottawa wants Khabibulin.

Chicago wants cap space.

Only way Ottawa takes him is if you take Gerber. We won't send anything else with Gerber. You don't want him? Fine we'll just sign him in the off season if we still want him. With the rest of our problems goaltending being fixed won't make a big enough difference for us to trade away a 1st round pick. We're not that desperate to get rid of him.
Khabibulin actually has positive value now. You're not doing Chicago a favour by taking him off their hands.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Hawksfan2828

The Hawks wont trade Khabby at the deadline... What for?

The only way Khabby is moved at the deadline is if the Blackhawks are surely out of the playoffs or they get a gross overpayment.

Market value for Khabby at the deadline after the Hawks eat the majority of his 6.75 contract will be a 1st round pick and a top notch prospect, minimum.

Now that the season has started and the roster is set I dont see the Hawks moving Khabby unless they get something of value for him, especially since his cap hit goes down with every day that passes.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:

Ottawa wants Khabibulin.

Chicago wants cap space.

So the Hawks trade Khabby for Gerber for cap room?

Khabbys value goes up with every day and that makes him an asset not a liability.

Gerber has zero value now and he will have zero value in 3 months from now. The only Khabby/Gerber deal that will happen will be a package deal. Even then Gerber would be waived and Neimi or Crawford would take his roster spot.

Old
10-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Benji Frank

The only way the Hawks would trade khabby for Gerber is if something came back with Gerber that the Hawks coveted or could turn into something they need and Gerber won't stay with the Hawks. He'd go right to the minors if there was no market for him. Otherwise, the Hawks will just send Khabby down and get rid of all the cap hit ... either via waivers or letting him see a whole new set of North American cities for a winter!!

Benji Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
The Hawks wont trade Khabby at the deadline... What for?

The only way Khabby is moved at the deadline is if the Blackhawks are surely out of the playoffs or they get a gross overpayment.

Market value for Khabby at the deadline after the Hawks eat the majority of his 6.75 contract will be a 1st round pick and a top notch prospect, minimum.

Now that the season has started and the roster is set I dont see the Hawks moving Khabby unless they get something of value for him, especially since his cap hit goes down with every day that passes.
That's pretty delusional. A first round pick maaaaaaybe if some team is absolutely desperate and they can't afford to lose a bidding war. Huet got a second round pick for Montreal, look for something in that range.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
That's pretty delusional. A first round pick maaaaaaybe if some team is absolutely desperate and they can't afford to lose a bidding war. Huet got a second round pick for Montreal, look for something in that range.
Delusional is thinking Khabby is washed up and on par with Gerber.

I bet Huet is traded before Khabby.