HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Up-and-coming Coaches and GMs

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 09:17 PM
bandwagon

vCash: 500
Up-and-coming Coaches and GMs

Who would you say are future NHL coaches and GMs?

I can think of two guys with Vancouver who'd be good GMs - Dave Nonis and Steve Tambellini.

I think that Nonis could be a very good GM. He has worked with Burke - one of the league's best - to build a Stanley Cup contender. He has helped negotiate a lot of the Canuck players' contracts as well as helped in the draft and development of our young prospects. He also assists Burke in player personnel decisions.

Tambellini has been involved in a number of international tournaments - the '02 Olympics and the World Championships last year - and we all know how well both those teams did. I don't know as much about him as I do about Nonis, but he has a lot of experience and strikes me as a potentially good GM.

Mike Johnston I believe was rumored for the Rangers coaching job last summer and he might be a good coach.

Old
02-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Teemu

Trent Yawney will be the next hawk coach. dont know when that'll be, though. He's done a great job with the youth in Norfolk

Old
02-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Hyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagon
Who would you say are future NHL coaches and GMs?
You can throw my name on the list of coaches...

Closed Thread