HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renny Breaking up Voros-Dubi-Zherdev

Old
10-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Harrison Ford

vCash: 500
Not going to lie, why break up a good thing? idk about these lines...

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Dawes-Gomez-Callahan

Naslund-Drury-Zherdev

Voros-Dubinsky-Fritsche

Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

From the LOHUD blog.

Those are the lines. I could really see this work. I do feel bad for Dubi at this point. This guy plays well with everyone, and is one of those Rare Types. One that actually makes others around him better , and he's getting buried in the 3rd line again. I guess its ok as long as they all get about equal time on the ice.

I would rather see Naslund - Dubi - Z and have Drury play with Voros and Fritche on the 3rd line. But we will see if these lines work I say great. I predict that they won't.

this team still is short an impact forward and though some are against it you simply have to make a serious run at Sundin to be that player, that #1 center with size and lock as a PAG player/

Take that above lineup which doesn't have Prucha and his 1.6 million in it and add Sundin and watch just how much more balanced this team becomes.

Dawes-Gomez-Zherdev
Naslund-Sundin-Drury
Voros-Dubinsky-Callahan/Fritsche
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr/Fritsche

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 07:41 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Dawes-Gomez-Callahan

Naslund-Drury-Zherdev

Voros-Dubinsky-Fritsche

Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

From the LOHUD blog.

Those are the lines. I could really see this work. I do feel bad for Dubi at this point. This guy plays well with everyone, and is one of those Rare Types. One that actually makes others around him better , and he's getting buried in the 3rd line again. I guess its ok as long as they all get about equal time on the ice.

I would rather see Naslund - Dubi - Z and have Drury play with Voros and Fritche on the 3rd line. But we will see if these lines work I say great. I predict that they won't.

this team still is short an impact forward and though some are against it you simply have to make a serious run at Sundin to be that player, that #1 center with size and lock as a PAG player/

Take that above lineup which doesn't have Prucha and his 1.6 million in it and add Sundin and watch just how much more balanced this team becomes.

Dawes-Gomez-Zherdev
Naslund-Sundin-Drury
Voros-Dubinsky-Callahan/Korpi/Fritsche
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr/Korpi/Fritsche

Of course Mats would have to take way less then what he can get elsewhere but if Prucha is out, Rissmiller's already off which makes 2.6 and then if Korpi is going back down that would be another what, 850k-1 million or maybe a Fritsche trade for picks?

That makes it a respectable offer $$ wise and obviously it is far from just a money factor driving this guy at this point.

Bottom line is this team is and will continue struggling to score and being able to pursue a player like Sundin for nothing but $$$ on a 1 yr deal is simply a no-brainer.

Last edited by JR#9*: 10-23-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Shake and Bake

Can someone please tell me why Drury and Naslund are still playing together???

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 08:44 PM
acs204

If Zherdev is going to be moved I'd really like him to be paired with Gomez. Gomez seems to have played really well in the past few games and I think the 2 of them together can be really dangerous if they click.

acs204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
Naslund's a LW....

Voros-Dubi works.
Dawes-Gomez works.

Who else to put Nazzy with? Betts?

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
Because the only person that can seemingly play with Gomez is Nigel Dawes.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
NYR Viper

there are three sets of players who have worked well together in the past.....

dubi-voros

gomez-dawes

drury-callahan

why not base the lines around those?

either sather needs to send korpikoski down or trade one of fritsche/prucha....there is no way all of these players should be sitting as much as they are....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Because the only person that can seemingly play with Gomez is Nigel Dawes.
isn't it sad, Gomez has been great and nobody on the team has been able to capitalize on how fantastic he's been both last year and now once again so far this year.

it's an outright sin to have Cally riding shotgun for this guy!!

Zherdev has to go back in that slot.

Old
10-23-2008, 09:56 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Naslund's a LW....

Voros-Dubi works.
Dawes-Gomez works.

Who else to put Nazzy with? Betts?
Ding. Wake up call.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
isn't it sad, Gomez has been great and nobody on the team has been able to capitalize on how fantastic he's been both last year and now once again so far this year.

it's an outright sin to have Cally riding shotgun for this guy!!

Zherdev has to go back in that slot.
agreed....people forget who gomez played with last season....a one-legged shanahan and a rotating door of players....it still amazes me that he got to 70 points....

honestly, if gomez can keep some linemates for a while i would expect him to reach the same level as last year.....the problem starts when his linemates keep changing because he is such a fast skater that it takes a game or two to get used to

Old
10-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

After watching the Bruins game, I've decided we need to sneak Kessel out of Bean-town and get him onto Scotty's wing asap.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 10:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
After watching the Bruins game, I've decided we need to sneak Kessel out of Bean-town and get him onto Scotty's wing asap.
i have thought the same thing about kessel and stafford here in buffalo....tha twould be a dynamite line.....size, speed, skill......all american...GET IT DONE SLATS

Old
10-23-2008, 10:49 PM
frankthefrowner

Everyone keeps talking about whose on the 1st or 3rd or 2nd lines, im not sure the team thinks about that. Aside from the 4th like the other 3 lines are going to roll equally as far as Ice time. We dont have a #1 line and i think that's renneys intention.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 03:24 AM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Not a fan. How about just scratching Drury and Naslund for a game so they wake up.
Yes, please.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Everyone keeps talking about whose on the 1st or 3rd or 2nd lines, im not sure the team thinks about that. Aside from the 4th like the other 3 lines are going to roll equally as far as Ice time. We dont have a #1 line and i think that's renneys intention.
Agreed. If you're the opposing coach, who the hell do you put your #1 defensive unit against? Neither line seems overly threatening and neither line seems to be comfortable to have out against weaker defensive players.

I also ask the same question as everyone else: WHY is Drury and Näslund still together? They have been absolutely awful when they've played with eachother.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 08:39 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I also ask the same question as everyone else: WHY is Drury and Näslund still together? They have been absolutely awful when they've played with eachother.
Seems like Renney doesn't want to remove Voros from Dubi's wing and Dawes from Gomez's wing. He isn't going to move him to the fourth line (of course), so the only other option is to put him with Drury no matter how bad they play together.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

The More

The More I think about this the better I like it.

If we look stats wise, Gomez is just behind Dubi and Voros in scoring, Z has 5 points and has tailed off.

Give Fritche a chance, and maybe plug Prucha in there a game with Dubi to see how they do.

Gomer with Dawes and Callahan makes sense, Gomez won't change his game, the younger kids want to score goals so they will drive the net more.

And Z, well we need to start looking at him as our potential 1st line RWinger.

I know people keep screaming Dubi Dubi, and its his second year, he has a long career ahead of him, he should keep learning and playing his game, he will get his chance on the top lines. Right now he is making a cheap pickup(Voros) a scorer, and could work well with any one of our right wings. (Personally hoping Prucha is a good fit all things considering, cause then we can get our money's worth out of him.)
Fritche is young, and can play any position, so he will get his shot, and remember Renney and Sather traded specifically for him, Z was an added bonus.

Zherdev is a potential 40 goal scorer, so is Naslund, I think I would like to see how well they all do together, maybe Z's energy will spark that line. And it hasn't been really tried yet, they wanted to bring Z along slowly. Now is his chance to go to the next level and play hard with really good wingmates.

If this works out we have the following.

Dawes - Gomerz - Callahan - good even scoring with a grinder and a sniper, with gomer the playmaker. Not Uber but very good.
Naslund - Drury - Z - A young player with seasoned scoring vets, can learn alot and that young energy could really help Dru and Nas start scoring, and if it works out we have a good line for the entire year. Or move Prucha back with them, see if that works.
Voros - Dubi - ? - We know Dubi can play with anyone, and will get good production from Voros and Dubi together. This could possibly be the best 3rd line in the NHL. And could be a 2nd or 1st line on many teams. Prucha or Fritche are the only people I could even imagine being plugged in here. Fritche has speed and a good shot, and Prucha when he plays has been getting his linemates scoring opportunties. Which people like Dubi and Voros can convert. This is really the best move as Renney can take his extra pieces and knows Dubi will get production out of them. Plus if Gomez or Dru get injured he can always plug Dubi into that spot and still have depth down the middle with Fritche moving to Center. This makes me think now more than ever that Prucha won't be going anywhere, just in case with Injuries, of all the players in the NHL he is good as the extra man, brings energy plays decent, and can score a few. Korepedo should be in Hartford, 9 games no points, -1 with 2 PIM and one shot on goal. Prucha has better stats and only 3 games in. And with our prospects in Hartford playing like butt crack, there isn't really anyone to pull up. Korpedo needs playing time.
Sjo - Betts - Orr - The Best 4th line in the NHL hands down. We can always plug someone in on Betts' right or left if we need to but this line has been playing well, reminds me of the Nemchinov line back in '94 with Matteau and Noonan or was that MacTavish I can't remember.

Overall very good moves by Renney, and something worth trying, if Fritche doesn't work out, I would expect to see Prucha getting a look on Dubi's right. If both don't cut it, I could see a trade in the works.

Lines I expect to see ....

Dawes - Gomez - Callahan
Naslund - Drury - Z/Prucha
Voros - Dubi - Prucha/Z
Sjo - Betts - Orr
Extra Guy - Fritche Korpedo - HFD
It just makes so much sense.

Last edited by MikeyLikesHockey: 10-24-2008 at 10:32 AM.
MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i have thought the same thing about kessel and stafford here in buffalo....tha twould be a dynamite line.....size, speed, skill......all american...GET IT DONE SLATS
Can we get over these pipedreams please? Its kind of sad to expect that youngsters like Kessel or Stafford would be on the block to begin with. Teams arent going to hand over players to us because we need a winger that can score.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 11:47 AM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post

Maybe Renney doesnt want to split them up and ruin 2 lines by doing so.

Or maybe he just believes that 2 quality NHL'er will eventually start playing to the standard that they have doen throughout their careers.

Which side of the fence are you on?

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 12:41 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

I like it, as some have said before the chemistry I've noticed has been Voros/Dubi.. Let Z carry the puck, Drury set up in front and Naz look for his shot, this line could really work...

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

I like it. It's still early so trying to develop chemistry between different players is a good idea.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
John Torturella

Something needed to be done. You can not expect one line to do all your scoring every game. We have to find a balance of scoring. If we put out these lines and they out work the other team, we will win. Thats all it comes down to.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Horrible decision. We're ****ed. Just break our one line that clicks. Good ****, eh?
Everyone complained when they put Voros on Dubi's line and that worked out pretty well. How about we just let the coaches do their job and stop over-analyzing every single move they make.

And admit it, you're really just upset that this move invalidates your forum name

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 01:48 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 View Post
I like it. It's still early so trying to develop chemistry between different players is a good idea.
see here's the question. How in gods name do you develp chemistry if every game you are playing w/ somebody different? This is why I hate Tom Renney as coach. Pick the lines give them 5 games at least, and if nothing is happening than make a change. Not every game rotate in and out 2-3players and put them on different lines. The first line was starting to show chemistry, Dubi's line had great chemistry. the only line that wasn't doing much was Drury, and Naslund. They should have just tried somebody there instead of messing up another line as well.

I swear if this team actually had a coach who knew anything about running an offense, we would be scoring more. he is way to conservative and worried about defense for my liking, and sometimes i think the younger players are to scared about playing defense and not making a mistake than just going w/ their instincts.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote