HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL/Dal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2008, 01:33 PM
  #1
mrinsane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
MTL/Dal

To Montreal: Phillipe Boucher

VS

To Dallas: Mathieu Dandenault, Matt D'Agostini and mid-round pick



Montreal POV: Boucher is MTL-type d-man (two-way), He's a good puck moving d-men with PPV skill and little on the PK.

Dallas POV: I think for Dallas now it's time for re-build. Dandy is not young but can be a 3rd liner with some leadership.. D'Agostini is a kind of winger that Stars need.. right shot.. with speed and grit.

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
  #2
STAALing
 
STAALing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
lol

5 characters

LOL

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
  #3
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Bob Gainey takes this and runs.... cause he has just committed the steal of the century... and the police are after him.

Brett Hull is fired for extreme stupidity....

Needless to say I love the deal as a habs fan.... but Dallas fans will hate it.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
  #4
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
What is Matt D'Agostini cap hit? Can't find it anywhere.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:59 PM
  #5
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,816
vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Bob Gainey takes this and runs.... cause he has just committed the steal of the century... and the police are after him.

Brett Hull is fired for extreme stupidity....

Needless to say I love the deal as a habs fan.... but Dallas fans will hate it.
Bingo.

I mean, we do owe them one after the Ribeiro-Niinimaa laugher, but I'm not ready for that yet, lol

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:00 PM
  #6
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,652
vCash: 50
dallas is really hurting on the back end anyways right now.
if this was done in tandem with what i suggested in the bouwmeester thread, however...

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:01 PM
  #7
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,136
vCash: 500
After a nano second of consideration, Montreal gladly accepts.

We'll even let you score first next time we play.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:01 PM
  #8
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Bob Gainey takes this and runs.... cause he has just committed the steal of the century... and the police are after him.

Brett Hull is fired for extreme stupidity....

Needless to say I love the deal as a habs fan.... but Dallas fans will hate it.
I think the consensus is Boucher's time in Dallas is over. If you have seen him play this year you would agree. He misses his assignments over an over. He can't hit the net with a shot to save his life and when i say can't i mean we are talking by feet not inches. He can still be serviceable as a physical body but his seemingly increasing injury issues are starting to take effect.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:04 PM
  #9
TonyTinglebone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
I think the consensus is Boucher's time in Dallas is over. If you have seen him play this year you would agree. He misses his assignments over an over. He can't hit the net with a shot to save his life and when i say can't i mean we are talking by feet not inches. He can still be serviceable as a physical body but his seemingly increasing injury issues are starting to take effect.
Does this mean we only have to give you Dandy?

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:05 PM
  #10
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
Does this mean we only have to give you Dandy?
No...why try to change history? We offer you nothing for something! Higgins + Komi for Boucher & Ott........

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:10 PM
  #11
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,129
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
I think for Dallas now it's time for re-build.
......................

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:13 PM
  #12
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
......................
Besides Detroit and New Jersey Dallas has the best Winning % over the past 15 years....Why would a giant re-build be needed?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
  #13
TonyTinglebone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
No...why try to change history? We offer you nothing for something! Higgins + Komi for Boucher & Ott........
Not again please!!!
Honestly getting anything for Dandy is highway robbery for the Habs especially if Boucher comes the other way and we only had to sweeten the pot with a pick and a prospect.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
  #14
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
I think the consensus is Boucher's time in Dallas is over. If you have seen him play this year you would agree. He misses his assignments over an over. He can't hit the net with a shot to save his life and when i say can't i mean we are talking by feet not inches. He can still be serviceable as a physical body but his seemingly increasing injury issues are starting to take effect.
Okay... he's playing badly and wants out of dallas....

If you want our trash (dandy)... a prospect not among our top ten (D'agostini) and a mid round pick.... its a done deal.

he may be struggling, but i have a hard time believing his value is THAT LOW.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:17 PM
  #15
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Okay... he's playing badly and wants out of dallas....

If you want our trash (dandy)... a prospect not among our top ten (D'agostini) and a mid round pick.... its a done deal.

he may be struggling, but i have a hard time believing his value is THAT LOW.
It's not. Addiction is the only one bashing him on the Dallas boards too.

Boucher could be available because of the cap situation, but it wouldn't be because he is playing poorly. He's missed the net on a few occasions, more than normal, but the guy essentially missed all of last season.

He's looked better defensively than most, he just drew the short straw and has been playing with Fistric (terrible so far this year).

Once he gets his rhythm back, he'll be dominate like in 2006-07, 19 goals.

If Dallas does trade him, it will be purely a cap move, and Dallas probably won't get fair value for him because of last year.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:18 PM
  #16
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Okay... he's playing badly and wants out of dallas....

If you want our trash (dandy)... a prospect not among our top ten (D'agostini) and a mid round pick.... its a done deal.

he may be struggling, but i have a hard time believing his value is THAT LOW.
It isn't that high either.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:21 PM
  #17
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
It's not. Addiction is the only one bashing him on the Dallas boards too.

Boucher could be available because of the cap situation, but it wouldn't be because he is playing poorly. He's missed the net on a few occasions, more than normal, but the guy essentially missed all of last season.

He's looked better defensively than most, he just drew the short straw and has been playing with Fistric (terrible so far this year).

Once he gets his rhythm back, he'll be dominate like in 2006-07, 19 goals.

If Dallas does trade him, it will be purely a cap move, and Dallas probably won't get fair value for him because of last year.
hahah yes blame Bouchers troubles on a second year player. Good idea. Plain and simply Boucher has sucked just as much as every other dman has this year. They are repeatedly hypnotized watching the puck instead of actually doing anything.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:29 PM
  #18
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
hahah yes blame Bouchers troubles on a second year player. Good idea. Plain and simply Boucher has sucked just as much as every other dman has this year. They are repeatedly hypnotized watching the puck instead of actually doing anything.
Stupid decisions by a defensive partner put the other guy in bad positions.

Just like when Niskanen keeps taking the boards away from the forwards and letting them run free in the middle of the ice. Daley can't cover the rest of the ice.

Some crap applies to Boucher. No one has looked good for Dallas, but he is far from the worst. That would be Fistric and then Niskanen.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:35 PM
  #19
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Stupid decisions by a defensive partner put the other guy in bad positions.

Just like when Niskanen keeps taking the boards away from the forwards and letting them run free in the middle of the ice. Daley can't cover the rest of the ice.

Some crap applies to Boucher. No one has looked good for Dallas, but he is far from the worst. That would be Fistric and then Niskanen.
Id say Niskanen has been worse than Fistric. Niskanen cant even seem to skate backwards right now. Fistric sure hasnt done boucher any favors, but boucher hasnt done himself any favors either. The only dman who sort of deserves better than what hes gotten so far is probably Daley.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
  #20
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Id say Niskanen has been worse than Fistric. Niskanen cant even seem to skate backwards right now. Fistric sure hasnt done boucher any favors, but boucher hasnt done himself any favors either. The only dman who sort of deserves better than what hes gotten so far is probably Daley.
I agree it may be impossible to decide who has been worse between Niskanen and Fistric. Going off last nights game, Niskanen was as bad as I've ever seen him. Fistric on the other hand actually played better than he had this season.

We'll just have to disagree on Boucher. He basically started the season with no game preparation after "over training" and hurting his foot while running. Every game he's looked better, and he has become stronger. He even took some time on the top PP from Robidas last night.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 02:51 PM
  #21
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I agree it may be impossible to decide who has been worse between Niskanen and Fistric. Going off last nights game, Niskanen was as bad as I've ever seen him. Fistric on the other hand actually played better than he had this season.

We'll just have to disagree on Boucher. He basically started the season with no game preparation after "over training" and hurting his foot while running. Every game he's looked better, and he has become stronger. He even took some time on the top PP from Robidas last night.
thats all possible. But whats more likely is he will be injured again in another month

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 03:06 PM
  #22
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
thats all possible. But whats more likely is he will be injured again in another month
Oh yee of little faith.

This isn't a permanent, end of season funk. This is a typically Marty Turco and the rest of the team being crappy to start EVERY season. This one just sucks a little more.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 03:32 PM
  #23
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
What is Matt D'Agostini cap hit? Can't find it anywhere.
500k, I think. Not that it matters, he's in the A and a RFA next year.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 08:14 AM
  #24
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,359
vCash: 500
Once again, Boucher's play improved. He was a beast last night:

Quote:
Philippe Boucher had seven blocked shots, five shots on goal, three hits and two takeaways in a team-high 24:43 of ice time.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3c9f718.html

He was also instrumental in killing off a full 2 minute 5-on-3 PK. He did get called for a penalty late in the 5-on-3, but it was probably better for him to lay someone out on the ice then let them score in an open net.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 08:25 AM
  #25
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Once again, Boucher's play improved. He was a beast last night:



http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3c9f718.html

He was also instrumental in killing off a full 2 minute 5-on-3 PK. He did get called for a penalty late in the 5-on-3, but it was probably better for him to lay someone out on the ice then let them score in an open net.
I give Boucher props last night..he did very very well. If he can play like that game in and game out then by all means i am for keeping him. However i just don't see consistency being his strong point.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.