HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers scouting Leetch, Poti, Gonchar and/or Odelein...

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Flyersguru

vCash: 500
Flyers scouting Leetch, Poti, Gonchar and/or Odelein...

Article for Leetch and Odelein

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040227/nhl_phi-sun.html

And while Clarke has already made six trades this season -- acquiring the likes of C Mike Comrie (and trading him again), C Alexei Zhamnov and G Sean Burke --there are still whispers in league circles Clarke is determined to make one more big move before the March 9 trade deadline.

The talk at the Corel Centre last night was that the Flyers were watching Rangers blueliner Brian Leetch play last night on Long Island. There was also talk Clarke might bring in veteran Florida defenceman Lyle Odelein.

Article for Leetch, Poti, and Gonchar

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?...id=215420&rfi=6

"NOTES: Itís pretty obvious the Flyers are contemplating trading for yet another defenseman, since their management troops have scouted Washington and New York this week. The Capsí Sergei Gonchar and the Rangersí Brian Leetch and Tom Poti are all available and all drawing much interest from teams ..."

Old
02-28-2004, 09:18 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

i just saw bob in an a interview
and he said theyll probably make one lesser deal to get a depth defenseman to replace vandermmer

Old
02-28-2004, 09:18 AM
dunner97

sounds to me like gonchar is gonna add some time to his contract if the leafs land him .not sure gonchar wants to go anywhere else .he'll have some say .can u imagine if he balks at any other teams? mcphee could get screwed ..

Old
02-28-2004, 09:26 AM
Flyersguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
and he said theyll probably make one lesser deal to get a depth defenseman to replace vandermmer
We all know when Clarke says one thing, he does another....I think that it might be his poker face...Comcast is opening up the vault for Clarke because the other team Comcast owns, the 76ers stink, so Comcast needs a winner in the Flyers, reason why Burke and Zhamnov were brought in....I think Clarke has something up his sleeve, hopefully it isn't trading Jeff Carter or Mike Richards

Old
02-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Snugglepuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
If you're talking about the one on the Score I saw it too. It makes sense that they would be targetting Odelein because of what he said.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:39 AM
jincargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner97
sounds to me like gonchar is gonna add some time to his contract if the leafs land him .not sure gonchar wants to go anywhere else .he'll have some say .can u imagine if he balks at any other teams? mcphee could get screwed ..
Keeping the best offensive D man in the NHL after cutting Lang, Bondra and part of Jagr's salary isnt the worst thing in the world that could happen to the Caps.

GMGM doesn't have to trade Gonchar at this point...

Old
02-28-2004, 09:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguru
We all know when Clarke says one thing, he does another....
not necessarily. i don't know if you're a clarke hater or not but thats what Clarke haters think. If you can look at home objectively, you would know that is not always the case.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-28-2004, 09:48 AM
blah

I hope they get Odelein. No need for Gonchar or Leetch, and I hope they wouldn't even consider moving Therien for Poti.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:51 AM
RE-HABS

Given a choice maybe Gonchar would go to Philly, he still could be close to home in Washington since it is + 100 miles away, plus we all know Clarke over pays in deals to Washington...remember the Oates deal.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:52 AM
blah

The Flyers don't need Gonchar and wouldn't have to overpay to get him. If they were looking at a Caps dman my guess is Witt. The Flyers would be more than happy to help drive up the price on Gonchar though.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:53 AM
jincargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Given a choice maybe Gonchar would go to Philly, he still could be close to home in Washington since it is + 100 miles away, plus we all know Clarke over pays in deals to Washington...remember the Oates deal.
Must you mention that deal again? Coming from a Caps fan....its nothing to hold over a GM like Clarke forever...he needed a center....he got a center. It didnt work out....we all move on.

Old
02-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Spitfire11

I'm guessing the Flyers get Patrick.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:22 AM
FlyersHomer DM03

Our defense doesn't need a finesse d-man. Poti, Gonchar and Leetch would all be tremendous to have, but that's not where we should look. a physical d-man is all we need...I say best case scenario we get Brendan Witt (also keep in mind Keith Carney/Ruslan Salei), and if not I guarantee we get Lyle Odelin. We have a pretty good top four when Desjardins gets healthy, and an aggressive d-man to control down low would help us a lot.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:29 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
In his interview yesterday on the Fan 590, it was noted that he lives in Markham, Ontario.

Old
02-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

Well...I think that dead horse has been beaten enough. I forgot all about that trade,I guess I must have had Leclair, Recchi, Desjardins on my mind.

Old
02-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Witt or Odelien please....and Satan would be nice.

Old
02-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Flyersguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
not necessarily. i don't know if you're a clarke hater or not but thats what Clarke haters think. If you can look at home objectively, you would know that is not always the case.
I'm more of a Clarke supporter then hater...I just feel that a lot of the time, like most people in Philly, know he says one thing and does another like Comrie, trading the youth in Wolly and Williams. You never know with Clarke is all I'm suggesting...

Old
02-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguru
I'm more of a Clarke supporter then hater...I just feel that a lot of the time, like most people in Philly, know he says one thing and does another like Comrie, trading the youth in Wolly and Williams. You never know with Clarke is all I'm suggesting...
And he's gotten youth in return for them. Comrie netted a player of the same age and a prospect, Williams netted Markov, who isn't aging or old. Clarke gets an unfair rep about trading away youth.

Old
02-28-2004, 04:01 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner97

then Mcphee could explain to Gonchar how he plans to trade Kolzig+Witt next,ask Gonchar if he really wants to play the next two yrs on a team undergoing a major rebuilding.

Old
02-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

No Gonchar, please. He's great at what he does, but we already have Johnsson, Pitkanen, and soon we'll have Eric D. back.

Odelein? Sure...I myself want Luke Richardson back, but I doubt that happens.

Old
02-28-2004, 06:59 PM
Flyersguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
And he's gotten youth in return for them. Comrie netted a player of the same age and a prospect, Williams netted Markov, who isn't aging or old. Clarke gets an unfair rep about trading away youth.
I support Clarke's moves, I wasn't saying that Clarke didn't get youth in return...all I was saying is that he said that they were so called "untouchable" and weren't going to be traded, I like the Comrie and Markov trades...all I was making a point of is that Clarke is unpredictable and to say he's only going to be trading for a 7th or 8th D-man maybe showing his poker face a little.

Old
02-28-2004, 08:28 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
put me down for Witt. the Flyers need that big, nasty, gritty type defensemen and he would be a huge pickup before the playoffs.

Old
02-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
put me down for Witt. the Flyers need that big, nasty, gritty type defensemen and he would be a huge pickup before the playoffs.
Caps trading Brendan Witt to the Flyers, Devils or any other eastern conf team would have to get a kings randsom in return that no team will pay. There is no way the organisation wants this mean SOB to face them more than once or twice a year!

I agree the Flyers should stay far away from the Goocher! Their D is soft as it is especially if Desjardins plays a major role.

Closed Thread