HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Habs/Canes Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

vCash: 500
Habs/Canes Proposal

A big deal to go down by the deadline

Riberio
Zednik
Hossa
Hainsey

for

Cole
Francis
O'Neill

Old
02-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Bob In Kitchener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1

Riberio
Zednik
Hossa
Hainsey

for

Cole
Francis
O'Neill
Dream on buddy.

Old
02-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Pfffft.

Old
02-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

Riberio
Zednik
Hossa
Hainsey

for

Cole
Francis
O'Neill
Right.

Old
02-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Habs4ever

What world are you living in???

Quote:

Riberio
Zednik
Hossa
Hainsey

for

Cole
Francis
O'Neill

Francis is wash, how old is her anyways??
Cole has 13 goals this year not good i'd say, hasn't done anything since playoff two years ago!!
O'neil has 12 goals so far you want to unload all this crap and expect to receive great young Bluechippers in Hossa, and hainsey, and top that off with rising Ribeiro, who has just started to breakout, and crashing Zednik, something is wrong with your proposal i'd say!!!.

Old
02-27-2004, 05:30 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

Riberio
Zednik
Hossa
Hainsey

for

Cole
Francis
O'Neill
BG will never do this... I think Ron Francis is almost as old as Gainey himself!

Old
02-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
BG will never do this... I think Ron Francis is almost as old as Gainey himself!
Hahaha.

Maybe Hainsey and Hossa for O'Neill, but that's it.

Old
02-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk
Hahaha.

Maybe Hainsey and Hossa for O'Neill, but that's it.
If Hainsey and Hossa would fetch O'Neill

Then Riberio and Zednik would bring Cole and Francis

Old
02-27-2004, 06:59 PM
musdy

if that will happen it will be a miracle

Old
02-27-2004, 07:22 PM
sandman08

if that trade were to go down.. well.. im sure there would be riots in montreal.. i'd love to see cole and O'neill but not not at the cost zednick and ribeiro.. not to mention that francis is old and wants to retire a cane.. so that leaves montreal giving up a good part of its future and current team for 2 guys.. i just dont see it happening.. unless theres more to it maybe.. i dunno, major draft picks being involved maybe? like a pick swap type of thing? i just dont see it

Old
02-27-2004, 07:48 PM
toughstuff

Quote:

Riberio
Zednik
Hossa
Hainsey

for

Cole
Francis
O'Neill

Wow .... Wow .... Wow
You can't honestly think this is possible.
Giving up on Ribs and Zed at this time is unthinkable. They are part of the HABS future.

HABS would need Cole and O'Neil type players. We could offer prospects and depth ( the Canes are not looking for depth right now) therefore I do not think HABS and CANES are good trading partners.

However just For Fun here is an attempt.

HABS

Cole and O'Neil

CANES

Sundstrom
Bulis
Hainsey
Pleckanek

What do you think?

Old
02-27-2004, 07:53 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
However just For Fun here is an attempt.

HABS

Cole and O'Neil

CANES

Sundstrom
Bulis
Hainsey
Pleckanek

What do you think?

take out bulis (he's not going anywhere) and add a 1st round pick 2004 then i think it'd be pretty close

Old
02-27-2004, 07:54 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
i wouldn't trade cole and oneill for that entire first package.. ugly proposal IMO

Old
02-27-2004, 07:57 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
i wouldn't trade cole and oneill for that entire first package.. ugly proposal IMO
dont worry that feeling is beyond mutual, i wouldnt touch the first deal with a 10 foot pole

Old
02-27-2004, 07:58 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
take out bulis (he's not going anywhere) and add a 1st round pick 2004 then i think it'd be pretty close
I like Bulis. I would like to keep him and put him on the 3rd line. However, I think Jim Rutherford will require a known asset in this trade and Bulis might just be it. If he prefers a 1st then I gladly do the SWAP. I might try to give him the 2005 1st instead.

Old
02-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
Are you talking about the package of Ribeiro, Zednik, Hossa and Hainsey. If yes I'm surprised. From my pov if you break it you get something close to this:

Zednik>>Cole
Ribs, Hossa, Hainsey > O'Neil

Zednik is a sure bet for 25 goal seasons. Ribeiro is having a break out season and I doubt it's a fluke, he's been playing very consistent. The only problem with Hainsey is his attitude, he's been playing very well in the ahl and should become a very valuble defensemen with time. Hossa as resade some big question marks but he's still got some value ( ok not alot but still)

In the other hand you've got Cole who asn't been playing at the same level from the series with mtl and O'Neil who's got some good value even if he's having ''expected numbers''.

Anyways, Habs wouldn't do this deal because they would give too much and imo can't moove this players because it would only create another whole...

Imo the canes should be tempted by this deal. They need a dmen like Hainsey in the future, Zednik would replace O'Neil ( he is having a better season), they would get a good offensive center in Ribeiro to play with Stall and make a solid middle line at center in a couple of years and in Hossa they get a project that could pay-off..

Old
02-27-2004, 08:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
If I don't close this one also, there's going to be some fireworks.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-27-2004, 08:34 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
[QUOTE=Perez]

Imo the canes should be tempted by this deal. They need a dmen like Hainsey in the future, ..[ /QUOTE]

that's the only part imo that would interest carolina, is a puck moving dman with loads of potential and even some size.

you saying zednik >> cole IMHO is bs, simply b/c i see so much more potential in cole than i do zednik, i really believe zednik is what you see now is what you get, he may have a couple sparse fantastic years (contract years) but other than that i think he's leveled off. i see more to cole's game and potential than just points, i see a guy that is valuable in the playoffs due to speed/size/strength, making the opposition defense back up. i see potentially 25 goals in him once he matures even more, i see leadership and character moreso than i see in zednik...

as for the other parts, i don't like hossa, and i don't like ribeiro. hainsey is iffy b/c of his character.. i'd keep the three carolina players

Old
02-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:

Riberio
Zednik
Hossa
Hainsey

for

Cole
Francis
O'Neill
For those of you dismissing this trade as heavily in favor of Carolina, let's slow down a bit and look at it a little more careful.

Zednik = Cole. Would anybody argue that?

Hainsey = Francis. At this time of year, a player like Francis draws a premium. Hainsey is probably the equivalent of a 2nd Round pick. He is surrounded by quite a few question marks, but Francis isn't long for playing.

Hossa + Riberio = O'Neill. Riberio is having a great season, yes. Yet, before this season started people were shipping him out of Montreal as a throw in. Riberio has had one great season. O'Neill has scored 30 goals in 4 consecutive seasons before this one. 60 points in 4 consecutive years except this one. It's a safe bet to say that this season could be a wash for O'Neill. Just as some fans were low on Riberio last year because he wasn't produciing, fans think O'Neill's value is deflated down to prospects after one poor season. Just imagine Simon Gagne and if Philidelphia had traded him amist his slump last season. Hossa is rumored to have motivational problems and Riberio's great year could be an apparition. Who is really to say? I think O'Neill's past consistancy and relative young age makes him more attractive than some are giving him credit for.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't take this deal if I were Carolina.

Old
02-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Skydog

Any proposal with Cole and O'Neill in it, is doomed from the start. It just isn't going to happen. Cole is young, cheap and plays a gritty game that isn't played by most players. I won't say he is untouchable, because just about any player can be had at the right price, but a team would have to really over pay for him.

Old
02-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Perez

[/QUOTE]you saying zednik >> cole IMHO is bs, simply b/c i see so much more potential in cole than i do zednik, i really believe zednik is what you see now is what you get, he may have a couple sparse fantastic years (contract years) but other than that i think he's leveled off. i see more to cole's game and potential than just points, i see a guy that is valuable in the playoffs due to speed/size/strength, making the opposition defense back up. i see potentially 25 goals in him once he matures even more, i see leadership and character moreso than i see in zednik...

as for the other parts, i don't like hossa, and i don't like ribeiro. hainsey is iffy b/c of his character.. i'd keep the three carolina players[/QUOTE]

Ok I suppose ''the Zednik>>'' wasn't accurate but there value is close to equal if not in favor of Zed. Zednik is also a good playoffs player. In the same year Cole add some succes, Zednik add been very dominating in the first series vs the bruins before he got put KO by the McLaren and his elbow. And he also as some grit to is game ( ok not as much as Cole) you shouldn't underestimate that.

I understand that Ribeiro doesn't have any interst for the canes besides the fact that he's still cheap and as good offensive capabilites. They've already have Stall and some other prospects that should get a shot on the second line in the future this is imo where the trade doesn't make sense because habs would give a valuable player and at the same time the reciving team wouldn't have much interest in him.

Overall if you include Francis in the trade Canes refuse the deal for sure for many reasons. If you exclude him well value wise it is in cans favor (imo) but not by much still.

Last edited by Perez: 02-27-2004 at 09:03 PM.
Old
02-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Cole had one good playoff 2 years ago and thats it. Now, yes, he did have a bad injury last season which was tough to come back, but until he does any thing in this league.. Zednik>>Cole

Zednik has played great in the playoffs and during the regular season

Old
02-27-2004, 10:02 PM
toughstuff

Quote:

Riberio
Zednik
Hossa
Hainsey

for

Cole
Francis
O'Neill
No way habs do this!!

No Ribs or Zed!

Now, this being said, who would the Canes want in our list of prospects not with the big club?

Old
02-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Habs4ever

Who said Montreal is looking for Francis anyways??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
For those of you dismissing this trade as heavily in favor of Carolina, let's slow down a bit and look at it a little more careful.

Zednik = Cole. Would anybody argue that?

Hainsey = Francis. At this time of year, a player like Francis draws a premium. Hainsey is probably the equivalent of a 2nd Round pick. He is surrounded by quite a few question marks, but Francis isn't long for playing.

Hossa + Riberio = O'Neill. Riberio is having a great season, yes. Yet, before this season started people were shipping him out of Montreal as a throw in. Riberio has had one great season. O'Neill has scored 30 goals in 4 consecutive seasons before this one. 60 points in 4 consecutive years except this one. It's a safe bet to say that this season could be a wash for O'Neill. Just as some fans were low on Riberio last year because he wasn't produciing, fans think O'Neill's value is deflated down to prospects after one poor season. Just imagine Simon Gagne and if Philidelphia had traded him amist his slump last season. Hossa is rumored to have motivational problems and Riberio's great year could be an apparition. Who is really to say? I think O'Neill's past consistancy and relative young age makes him more attractive than some are giving him credit for.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't take this deal if I were Carolina.

Montreal is rebuilding as of now and I don't think Francis helps us in that regard, Gilmour went for sixth rounder last year, so why would Francis command more, and forget about Cole, He's the type of risk BG should stay away from, he hasn't done much to be given top line duty, and montreal is loaded after top two lines so no thanks it doesn't address our need at the cost of Zednik.

Old
02-27-2004, 10:06 PM
EaGLE1

I don't want your crap from Carolina. It's not surprising you have one of the weakess attack in the league. Tied with penguins

Closed Thread