HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD: Canadian Player ONLY Draft! Sign Up Here!

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2015, 10:04 AM
87and71
Wheat, not Chaff!!!!

vCash: 500
ATD: Canadian Player ONLY Draft! Sign Up Here!

With the normal ATD finishing up, i was thinking about doing a similar version but with a slight twist. Let's hold a Canadian ONLY draft.

Basically the rules for drafting would be along the same lines as always, but you can only draft Canadian born players (from any era) AND/OR players who have Canadian nationality or played for the national team (Dany Heatley was born overseas but is Canadian). This is a pretty rare occurrence but noteworthy.

Obviously i'm not looking to have this be as incredibly in depth as the normal ATD. And i know the MLD will be going on as well, but if we could get 8-16 teams i think this would make for a rather quick, but fun draft. No extra picks so that will shorten things up some as well.

As for the draft order, it will be randomized on random.org/sequence generator and will be your typical snake style. Let me know if you have interest and suggestions to the rules below.

1. The draft will last 21 rounds. You must draft 2 goalies, 6 defensemen, 12 forwards, a coach.

2. 12 hour clock for the first two rounds, (sending a shortlist to another GM highly encouraged here)
then 10 hour clock for rounds 3-4,
then 8 hour clock for rounds 5-10,
then 6 hour clock for rounds 11-15,
then 4 hour clock for rounds 16-25
One hour time window deduction for each skipped pick (two hour deduction for missing a 12 hour clock - leave a list), with a minimum 4 hour clock guaranteed regardless of deductions.

3). Trades - No trades!

4). ADD/DROPS - At the conclusion of the draft, there will be a 7 day period for add/drops. All add/drops must be 1-for-1. Dropped players will NOT be eligible to be added by other teams.

5). At the conclusion of the draft, there will be a 10 day period for lineup assassinations. Assassinations will be divided by division.

6). Regular season rankings MUST BE VOTED ON by at least one GM (if the team is co-GM'd) per team. The penalty if not done is a potential lowering in the standings because each GM will rank his own team first. Co-GMs who both vote each get half a vote for the regular season rankings in their own division.

7). All Teams make the playoffs. The conferences will be divided once we determine final # of teams involved.

8). NO MENTIONING UNDRAFTED PLAYERS!!!

9). PM the next team after you have made your pick. THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL!

Teams:

1. 87and71 -

Old
05-19-2015, 10:49 AM
tony d
Follow your Nose

I'd be interested in something like this

05-19-2015, 12:57 PM
seventieslord

I can't think of anything worse than an all-time draft with a limiting factor (like era, or nationality). oh wait, I can. an all-time draft with a limiting factor that still allows the majority of players to be drafted who would be under normal circumstances.

Anyone who joins this instead of the MLD is dead to me.

Old
05-19-2015, 01:19 PM
87and71
Wheat, not Chaff!!!!

Wow, OK then. Thanks for absolutely ******** on something that really doesn't deserve it.

Guess you don't have any interest.

I'm not trying to replace or take interest away from the MLD FTR. You can do the MLD AND this or just the MLD This is a casual effort and i simply thought it was something that some people might want to do to pass the time. A small twist on the ATD in its current form. Didn't GFS run something similar with a limiting factor of year players had to be born after? Was he ostracized?

If I'm "dead" to you because of this block me and move on. Simple fix.

For those who would be interested in an 8-16 member draft, please post here and shoot me a PM with any questions. The summer months are slow and i'm looking for a handful of strong members to pass the time with an enjoyable, casual ATD draft with a small twist.

Old
05-19-2015, 01:48 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87and71 View Post
Wow, OK then. Thanks for absolutely ******** on something that really doesn't deserve it.
It does. As received in a PM: "a transparent attempt to do another ATD with like 25% of the players ineligible"

Quote:
I'm not trying to replace or take interest away from the MLD FTR. You can do the MLD AND this or just the MLD
If anyone joins this instead of the MLD - then that's exactly what you did, whether you tried to do it or not.

Quote:
This is a casual effort and i simply thought it was something that some people might want to do to pass the time. A small twist on the ATD in its current form.
Small twists are incredibly boring anyway. When you exclude just 1/4 of the players, you're pretty much just re-doing the ATD and focusing on a majority of players we all already know a lot about. At least if the opposite was done (Canadians excluded) it would be somewhat interesting, although still an unnecessary distraction from the MLD.

Quote:
Didn't GFS run something similar with a limiting factor of year players had to be born after? Was he ostracized?
uh, yeah. He took a lot of flak from certain corners.

Quote:
If I'm "dead" to you because of this block me and move on. Simple fix.
no need for that. You're free to do this. Just make sure you do the MLD too. I said anyone who does this instead of the MLD is dead to me.

Old
05-19-2015, 02:01 PM
87and71
Wheat, not Chaff!!!!

I can just see the normal old guard people exchanging PM's back and forth (i'm willing to bet big $ i know who sent that above PM just based on the wording) expressing their displeasure that somebody would dare do something different on hallowed grounds. God forbid somebody start a draft that isn't the yearly ATD ran and operated version.

If somebody has ideas as to a new type of draft, i'm all ears. I think the same old boring routine is well.......rather boring. I'll do the ATD every year and put every ounce of time i can into it, but let's not pretend that it isn't stagnated in terms of how it plays out, especially in the early rounds.

I like, rather love drafting. There aren't really any forums that bring the same level of depth and attention to detail for other sports to do a legitimate all time draft. It just wouldn't have the same feel. After you've done the ATD, you're hooked and pretty much all other all time versions will lack in many ways.

I just don't get the notion that any other form of an ATD is somehow worthy of being trashed by member(s).....if you don't like it, view the thread and move on. I for one, wouldn't go into somebody else's sign up thread and bash the hell out of it......just me though.

Last edited by seventieslord: 05-19-2015 at 02:02 PM. Reason: smarten up
Old
05-19-2015, 02:03 PM
seventieslord

no one would care if stupid little drafts like this didn't have the potential to take away interest from more important drafts. Yes, a line in the sand is being drawn right now.

Old
05-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Hawkman
Cool by Extension

Agreed with 70s. This is just the ATD with 10-25% of the players missing. There's nothing different or interesting about it.

Old
05-19-2015, 02:19 PM
87and71
Wheat, not Chaff!!!!

Whatever, just close this down then. Seriously

You got what you wanted. You came here, **** on somebody else's idea and made them not want to bother. If a "stupid little draft" like this makes you draw a line in the sand, i don't want the drama.

I don't and won't understand why the same old tired people get so huffy when somebody brings their own brand of draft that in no way interferes with the normal routine. Even if it is draft with minimal differences. Maybe people just ENJOY DRAFTING??!?!? You've already said this doesn't take away from the regular ATD/MLD's etc so what is the ****ing big deal that needs a line in the sand drawn?

And if you think these type of little casual drafts hurts the ATD in any way, then i don't know how to respond. I do the ATD and enjoy doing it as much as anyone. These type of extra drafts won't stop me from participating......why would it cause anyone else to do so?

Mods.....close this down/delete please. Thank you.

Old
05-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Mods aside, I just don't see there being enough interest in this one, 87.

As for me, I'm all ATD'd out, to be honest with you.

05-19-2015, 02:23 PM
87and71
Wheat, not Chaff!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Mods aside, I just don't see there being enough interest in this one, 87.

As for me, I'm all ATD'd out, to be honest with you.
Thank you for being short and too the point. I thought there was a strong possibility that folks wouldn't be interested. No harm no foul, or worries

Old
05-19-2015, 02:46 PM
ResilientBeast
5-14-6-1

vCash: 300

Closed