HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2004, 07:19 AM
RedWingRussian

vCash:
Jeff Carter

What kind of player can I expect if I draft Jeff for my keeper league?Note that my league counts goals only.Would he help my team?Thanks Flyer fans

Old
02-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Coburnfan05

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingRussian
What kind of player can I expect if I draft Jeff for my keeper league?Note that my league counts goals only.Would he help my team?Thanks Flyer fans
I think he will become a 20-30 goal scorer but will take a few yeras to develop and wait untill there is a roster spot available at ceter.

Old
02-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
He won't be in the NHL for another year or two (or three or four, depends on the CBA)

Primeau will undoubtedly be resigned, just look at what happens to this team in his absence, now imagine a whole season without that.

Roenick, Primeau, Handzus, Sharp, Lapointe is the probable look of the Flyers centers next season (assuming there is one). I don't think Zhamnov will be signed by the Flyers.

Old
02-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
Roenick, Primeau, Handzus, Sharp, Lapointe is the probable look of the Flyers centers next season (assuming there is one). I don't think Zhamnov will be signed by the Flyers.
Because of today's news, I am beginning to think Roenick is not comming back.

Old
02-26-2004, 06:00 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Roenick is done, gut feeling

Old
02-26-2004, 07:06 PM
King Fish

Who is our most NHL ready prospect? Who has a chance of making the team next year (if there is one).

Old
02-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish
Who is our most NHL ready prospect? Who has a chance of making the team next year (if there is one).
Probaly Niittymaki, but he's played a couple of games already.

Carter should challange for a spot, especially if Roenick is forced to retire, and Zhammy doesn't re-sign.

Old
02-27-2004, 06:31 AM
RedWingRussian

vCash:
Thanx for the input.I figured that Philly would be thin on center.Especially if they win Stanley.Roenick maybe retiring.Primeau and Zhamnov not resigning.And also I didn't think that Carter was that far off from hitting pro.Anyhow,thanx again for the info guys.

Old
02-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Hammerwise

The most NHL ready prospect is probably going to be one of the wingers: Drozdetsky, Ruczicka, or Eager or long forgotten goalie Roman Malek. Malek has got the goods and regrets not coming last year. If he comes over he'll be a phantom but may get significant NHL time with someone else. Alot of longtime goalies are getting near retirement in the next year or 2.

Carter and Richards will follow in a year or so.

Old
02-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Gags1288

Carter's a good pick for a keeper league, but it depends how high. He has tremendous upside, Mats Sundins name is used in the same sentence as his often, but I think he's a few years away. His two-way game is not as good as Richard's right now and he has some filling out to do, but he has great speed and skills and I expect him to be a top 2 center for a long time and produce plenty of goals.

Old
02-27-2004, 10:45 PM
GBailey93

Send a message via AIM to GBailey93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerwise
The most NHL ready prospect is probably going to be one of the wingers: Drozdetsky, Ruczicka, or Eager or long forgotten goalie Roman Malek. Malek has got the goods and regrets not coming last year. If he comes over he'll be a phantom but may get significant NHL time with someone else. Alot of longtime goalies are getting near retirement in the next year or 2.

Carter and Richards will follow in a year or so.
Malek definately won't be a Phantom. He will only come over here on a one way contract, and you can bet that Clarke won't cave to that.

Old
02-28-2004, 12:47 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBailey93
Malek definately won't be a Phantom. He will only come over here on a one way contract, and you can bet that Clarke won't cave to that.
Malek has changed his stance on playing in the AHL. Shortly after the signing deadline he said he regretted not signing a two way contract. So hopefully we see him next year.

Closed Thread