HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Los Angeles @ St. Louis - 10/24/08 - 5:30PM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2008, 08:16 PM
  #51
Birko19
Registered User
 
Birko19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I don't understand it. Honestly, he's better than Chelios.
The Wings like to be loyal to their veterans, and the other reason why Quincey was let go because his camp performance was not great comparing to the other Detroit d-men, so overall the depth kinda pushed him out.

Regardless, I'm glad he went somewhere where he can get a chance to play, he's not gonna benefit playing in the AHL anymore, he's ready for the big show and will only get better.

Birko19 is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:16 PM
  #52
Malice430
Registered User
 
Malice430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
assist to Moller's forechecking

Malice430 is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:16 PM
  #53
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,104
vCash: 500
PP Kings

RAZZIE King is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:16 PM
  #54
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I don't understand it. Honestly, he's better than Chelios.
Chemistry.

no name is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:17 PM
  #55
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,209
vCash: 500
This is the kind of hockey that I've been waiting for so long to see from this team again. We haven't had this much talent since the LAPD era.

Josh Deitell is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:17 PM
  #56
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,444
vCash: 500
I still can't believe some Kings fans thought Sully wasn't that important to this team or could be replaced.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:17 PM
  #57
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS
 
BehindEnemyLines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: OC, CA
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,687
vCash: 500
Dang i fell asleep!! totally forgot the game was on! lets go kings

BehindEnemyLines is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:19 PM
  #58
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey View Post
I still can't believe some Kings fans thought Sully wasn't that important to this team or could be replaced.
Who said this?

no name is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:21 PM
  #59
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Who said this?
I'd have to read through the O'Sully status thread. It wasn't an prevailing thought process by a majority at all, but I do remember some expressing that opinion.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:22 PM
  #60
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Was he in Babcock's doghouse or something?
Because he had a "poor" pre-season. Yeah, like pre-season is a great judgement anyway. I think Babcock and Holland are in love with Lebda and Meech for some reason and prefer them to be #6/7. And then there's Chelios who will probably keep on getting one year deals until he's 60. Wonder which other prospect he'll make us lose, Kindl?

Filppula is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:22 PM
  #61
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Who said this?
Probably people who were pissed that Sully was holding out for better money. It's obvious that Sully is going to be or already is a big time player in this league.

That Demitra trade looks better every minute.

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:25 PM
  #62
sueroe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Because he had a "poor" pre-season. Yeah, like pre-season is a great judgement anyway. I think Babcock and Holland are in love with Lebda and Meech for some reason and prefer them to be #6/7. And then there's Chelios who will probably keep on getting one year deals until he's 60. Wonder which other prospect he'll make us lose, Kindl?
I have watched Quincey since juniors and it is so nice to see him get an opportunity to play at this level. Detroit is just a hard lineup to crack.

sueroe is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:26 PM
  #63
Birko19
Registered User
 
Birko19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Because he had a "poor" pre-season. Yeah, like pre-season is a great judgement anyway. I think Babcock and Holland are in love with Lebda and Meech for some reason and prefer them to be #6/7. And then there's Chelios who will probably keep on getting one year deals until he's 60. Wonder which other prospect he'll make us lose, Kindl?
Well, this is the way it had to be, you win some and lose some, the Wings lost Quincey because they were in a position where depth pushed him out, both of Meech and Lebda outplayed him in the camp, what were they supposed to do? Get rid of the better player?

Let me assure you, they will not lose any other young d-men like this unless they're forced to, and in the case of Quincey, they were forced to.

Birko19 is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:28 PM
  #64
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
Well, this is the way it had to be, you win some and lose some, the Wings lost Quincey because they were in a position where depth pushed him out, both of Meech and Lebda outplayed him in the camp, what were they supposed to do? Get rid of the better player?

Let me assure you, they will not lose any other young d-men like this unless they're forced to, and in the case of Quincey, they were forced to.
They weren't forced to, you aren't forced to do anything. You have a choice, we had a choice in this. Chelios could have retired or taken a 1 year deal elsewhere. We could have traded one of Meech or Lebda and there you have it, we still have Quincey.

Filppula is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:32 PM
  #65
Birko19
Registered User
 
Birko19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
They weren't forced to, you aren't forced to do anything. You have a choice, we had a choice in this. Chelios could have retired or taken a 1 year deal elsewhere. We could have traded one of Meech or Lebda and there you have it, we still have Quincey.
You can forget about getting rid of Chelios, the Wings management are not gonna do that, they have this whole thing with loyalty to their veterans.

On the other hand, if Quincey was outplayed by Meech and Lebda, why would you get rid of one of them at his expense? Assuming it's Meech we get rid of, and all of the sudden he gets this opportunity and flourishes with it, what will you say then? We should've traded Quincey?

As far as Lebda goes, he won the cup, we know he can be a decent #6 d-man, he was the safe route and I thought he played well in the playoffs.

Birko19 is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:33 PM
  #66
sueroe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,597
vCash: 500
looks like Manchester is also leading 2 to zip in the 3rd, and Voynov has a goal. Purcell with 2 assists.

sueroe is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:34 PM
  #67
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Who said this?
There was people who thought it would be best to trade him for a defenseman.

I was not one of them.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:35 PM
  #68
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey View Post
I still can't believe some Kings fans thought Sully wasn't that important to this team or could be replaced.
I dont think anyone thought that. I think the prevailing idea was that if he wants too much he could go **** himself because were trying to build a solid core and his salary needed to fit. Not that he was easily replaced or not important.

OT-I remember getting into an argument with Deeker over the fact that O'Sullivan would be better than Demitra. He was pissed we traded Demitra for O'Sullivan and a pick.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:36 PM
  #69
BurningBright
 
BurningBright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dont worry bout it
Country: United States
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
thats a tall freaking goalie!

BurningBright is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:36 PM
  #70
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
You can forget about getting rid of Chelios, the Wings management are not gonna do that, they have this whole thing with loyalty to their veterans.

On the other hand, if Quincey was outplayed by Meech and Lebda, why would you get rid of one of them at his expense? Assuming it's Meech we get rid of, and all of the sudden he gets this opportunity and flourishes with it, what will you say then? We should've traded Quincey?

As far as Lebda goes, he won the cup, we know he can be a decent #6 d-man, he was the safe route and I thought he played well in the playoffs.
We better not continue this because we're ruining the Kings discussion.

But I've always felt Quincey had way more upside than Leech. (no, not a typo). As I said about a week before he was waived, he is better defensively and despite not really showing it yet is capable offensively. We should have taken a more long term view because players like Leech are replaceable, we have Pyett too for crying out loud. Not too many Quincey's in our system.

Filppula is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:37 PM
  #71
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
New G for the Blues...

EDIT: He's 6 foot 7 ! How quick can he be with that much yardage on his limbs?

Willard is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:37 PM
  #72
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,104
vCash: 500
Well...there will be less net to shoot at with this kid in goal for them...

RAZZIE King is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:38 PM
  #73
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,387
vCash: 500
The Andy Murray injury curse strikes again.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:39 PM
  #74
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,530
vCash: 500
Oh so that Ben Bishop is in? Should be interesting.

Filppula is offline  
Old
10-24-2008, 08:39 PM
  #75
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,104
vCash: 500
I hear that Cloutier is a free agent now... This might be a good time for St. Louis to shore up their goaltending...

RAZZIE King is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.