HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Bouwmeester Watch (Part 2, Double-Time)

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2009, 12:59 PM
DJ ROCHE

vCash: 500
The Bouwmeester Watch (Part 2, Double-Time)

If Bouwmeester doesn't re-sign by the deadline,and you had to trade him.where would you trade him to and what would you get.

just wanted to know if i was the only panther fan going crazy over this.

Old
01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Jake0617

Send a message via AIM to Jake0617
Seriously, I think JM would be smart to deal Jay. He has made it clear he won't re-sign with FLA and so the best thing to do is trade him and as soon as possible. I say ASAP because a team will be willing to pay more now because they would get Jay for more games and more time to re-sign. A team like Edmonton seems like a good fit; they have a deep farm team and they could seriously use Jay.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 02-01-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: deleted trolling part of post
Old
01-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake0617 View Post
Seriously, I think JM would be smart to deal Jay. He has made it clear he won't re-sign with FLA and so the best thing to do is trade him and as soon as possible. I say ASAP because a team will be willing to pay more now because they would get Jay for more games and more time to re-sign. A team like Edmonton seems like a good fit; they have a deep farm team and they could seriously use Jay.
A deep farm doesn't mean anything to the Panthers unless you're talking about adding onto the trade. The Panthers would need legitimate NHLers if they were to part ways with Bouwmeester in the heat of a playoff run.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 02-01-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: qdp (partially)
Old
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=537612&page=52

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=497670&page=40

Old
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake0617 View Post
Did I miss something? When did he make it clear?

I could care less who can use him, if he doesnt sign, Martin will go with the best package available, not send him to a team that needs him out of pity. Unless Edmonton is willing to give up Gagner or Cogs, we arent interested. And like I posted earlier, there are two threads opened already regarding the Bouwmeester, and other trade matters.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 02-01-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: qdb (partially)
Old
01-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Panthers_Fan

If he were to go somewhere as a UFA, I could see going to someplace like Colorado. Seasonal Weather, winning tradition (not so great this year though), and no Canadian media.

Old
02-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Alright guys, this is the new Bouwmeester discussion thread, as the other one went over 1000 posts. Please continue discussion here. Thanks and keep it civil.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
02-02-2009, 12:27 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

I honestly believe that Shero and Martin can pull off a deal involving Horton & JBo for Staal, Whitney, and ether a very good prospect or a high draft choice. The Cats would have both players signed for the next 4 years @ $4M a piece... That leaves Matrtin with extra cash to play with since JBo will sign for more.

Obviously, Shero would only make such a deal if he has a deal set in place with JBo's agent. At least martin knows exactly what he has to play with in terms of salaries since both players are signed without any NTCs. Given that Shero and martin were good buddies back in the days when they were in Ottawa, anything can happen but there's definitely the potential for a major blockbuster given the pieces they have to play with, their needs, and familiarity with each other.

Regardless of them competing for a playoff spot with each other, if the deal helps out both teams, for now and the future, there's no reason for them not to trade. The Pens have lots of UFAs on their roster that can be thrown into the deal to sweeten it and suit the Cat's needs for a playoff push...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09033/946290-61.stm

Last edited by SprootsMasterFlex: 02-02-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old
02-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
i'll take my chances with Bo and Horton. I doubt he will be traded.

Old
02-02-2009, 05:04 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
I honestly believe that Shero and Martin can pull off a deal involving Horton & JBo for Staal, Whitney, and ether a very good prospect or a high draft choice. The Cats would have both players signed for the next 4 years @ $4M a piece... That leaves Matrtin with extra cash to play with since JBo will sign for more.

Obviously, Shero would only make such a deal if he has a deal set in place with JBo's agent. At least martin knows exactly what he has to play with in terms of salaries since both players are signed without any NTCs. Given that Shero and martin were good buddies back in the days when they were in Ottawa, anything can happen but there's definitely the potential for a major blockbuster given the pieces they have to play with, their needs, and familiarity with each other.

Regardless of them competing for a playoff spot with each other, if the deal helps out both teams, for now and the future, there's no reason for them not to trade. The Pens have lots of UFAs on their roster that can be thrown into the deal to sweeten it and suit the Cat's needs for a playoff push...

No thank you. I dont see Horton being traded, especially when Martin always refers to him as a piece of this teams future. Plus, I wouldnt want that from Pitt anyways.

Old
02-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Georgia Panther

If Bouw won't sign, then i thought the proposed Edmonton deal was ok, Bouw and a prospect for Cogliano, Penner, a prospect and a pick. We have seen what the Panthers offense looks like with a Weiss or Booth out and this deal would add a Weiss-clone and Horton-light to the mix increasing offensive productivity and depth. Also if the prospect dealt is Matthias or Repik for one of the Oilers top two blueline prospects, Petry or Chorney, both puck moving defensemen, then our prospect pool will be more balanced as it is now forward heavy with only a stay-home defenseman, Ellerby, regarded as a top prospect in the pipeline.

Last edited by Georgia Panther: 02-02-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old
02-02-2009, 08:54 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
If Bouw won't sign, then i thought the proposed Edmonton deal was ok, Bouw and a prospect for Cogliano, Penner, a prospect and a pick. We have seen what the Panthers offense looks like with a Weiss or Booth out and this deal would add a Weiss-clone and Horton-light to the mix increasing offensive productivity and depth. Also if the prospect dealt is Matthias or Repik for one of the Oilers top two blueline prospects, Petry or Chorney, both puck moving defensemen, then our prospect pool will be more balanced as it is now forward heavy with only a stay-home defenseman, Ellerby, regarded as a top prospect in the pipeline.
The prospect going that way can be Stewart. I like Tank more than him, and rather he stay.

As far as the deal, I would definitely do it, but I'd want them to take McLean as well, get some of our salary. I said it in the original thread, this deal would pay serious dividends for us next season. With the return of Allen, and maybe one more UFA Dman, we would be contenders.

Old
02-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Also if the prospect dealt is Matthias or Repik for one of the Oilers top two blueline prospects, Petry or Chorney, both puck moving defensemen, then our prospect pool will be more balanced as it is now forward heavy with only a stay-home defenseman, Ellerby, regarded as a top prospect in the pipeline.
Since when is a guy with Ellerby's skating ability considered stay at home?

Old
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:

My concern with a move like this is that it would really shake up the chemistry of this team that has taken a few months to gel, but has really gelled since December. I think Horton's play at center has been much improved and he's still a 30-40 goal potential guy. As good as Staal is at his age, I don't see him being as good as his older brother. I'm not sure if this move really boosts us to another level. Whitney is an excellent young offensive d-man who still hasn't developed his defensive game. He certainly could and could end up being similar to Jay-Bo.

I don't know that Jay's "made it clear" he won't re-sign. I can see both sides of the argument from what he's said recently.

Whatever happens in the next 4 weeks will tell us for sure. My personal belief is that he won't be a Panther regardless of what happens having gone through 5 years of turmoil and wanting to play in a more traditional market (this does NOT necessarily mean a Canadian market where he'll be scrutizined like there's no tomorrow). If that is the case, I think and hope there's no way Martin can risk him walking for absolutely nothing in the offseason. No way. Even if that means taking a top notch prospect or 1st rounder - something similar to what Campbell got (Bernier and 1st round pick). It would be a bigger long-term hit on the franchise than making the playoffs and losing in the 1st round.

Old
02-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Since when is a guy with Ellerby's skating ability considered stay at home?
Since he has 0 goals and 11 assists in 42 games at Rochester. A guy may skate like the wind but that doesn't mean squat unless he's offensive minded enough to use it. Hedican was one of the best skaters in the NHL and compared to Paul Coffey when drafted and he never put up great offensive numbers.

Last edited by Georgia Panther: 02-02-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old
02-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Since he has 0 goals and 11 assists in 42 games at Rochester. A guy may skate like the wind but that doesn't mean squat unless he's offensive minded enough to use it. Hedican was one of the best skaters in the NHL and compared to Paul Coffey when drafted and he never put up great offensive numbers.
Still doesn't mean they're "stay at home" though. Lyle Odelein was a stay at home guy, Ellerby is not.

Old
02-02-2009, 02:39 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:

As annoyed as I am with all these Pitt proposals for Bo including Horton, okay I'll give you one: Malkin for Bo & Horton. Otherwise, if I'm Martin I hang up.

Old
02-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Ellerby's not a stay-at-home defenseman GP. To look at this season's numbers to this point, especially when the whole team has struggled at times, is short sighted...again.

02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
As annoyed as I am with all these Pitt proposals for Bo including Horton, okay I'll give you one: Malkin for Bo & Horton. Otherwise, if I'm Martin I hang up.

I honestly still don't think that's enough. Funny how your 2 best players combined are still not enough to get our 2nd best.

Booya!

Old
02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
I honestly still don't think that's enough. Funny how your 2 best players combined are still not enough to get our 2nd best.

Booya!
Hahaha, sooo funny, troll. buh bye. Having two of the three best players in the world does nothing for you, as you are still behind this talentless Panther team. Booya!

Old
02-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

Booya!
Seeing as how Bouw isn't signed beyond this season, it's not enough. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to lose both for Malkin as I don't think he's enough. Though, for the right price (like Frolov), I'd be more than happy to move Timmy.

Old
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
sikosmurf

How about the Capitals? We could certainly use a decent defensive dude, and have some depth to spare. Any ideas?

Old
02-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikosmurf View Post
How about the Capitals? We could certainly use a decent defensive dude, and have some depth to spare. Any ideas?
There are some guys there that I'm sure plenty around the NHL drool over, but Martin's not going to deal Bouw within the Division so he can face him that many times a season.

Old
02-02-2009, 04:41 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:

Booya!
Oh I hear ya, but that's my centerpiece. I hate doing proposals, but my point is unless it's someone like Malkin coming back, I don't want to hear Horton and Bo in the same proposal anymore!!!

Old
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Rattrick

Quote:

Booya!
Crosby isn't the best player on the Penguins and anyone who thinks he is must be blind.

Booya!

Closed Thread