HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prucha & Korpedo >>>>>> Fritsche & Rissmiller

Old
10-24-2008, 09:56 PM
rangers4ever2007

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Rissmiller's in Hartford now right??

ANyway, gotta agree with inferno. Fritsche hasn't done anything.

On a different note, Sjostroms worked his way out of the stracted club, he's earned a spot, at least until he works himself out.
yeah i believe so. i don't mind korpikoski getting sent back for a few too. won't do him no good to sit in the press box

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
And Dane Byers > Aaron Voros.
Yeah, that about sums it up.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
guy at the snack bar > prucha right now

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:28 AM
lbrowne

I really, REALLY expected to see good things from Fritsche tonight with family in attendance, playing with great linemates.

I honestly, no joke, thought he wasn't playing part way through the first and thought he was a last minute scratch. I found myself searching the ice and the bench trying to find him.

This was the game I believe he was going to make his statement. Well he did and that's "he's dispensable"

Please, at this point, more Prucha.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:46 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I really, REALLY expected to see good things from Fritsche tonight with family in attendance, playing with great linemates.

I honestly, no joke, thought he wasn't playing part way through the first and thought he was a last minute scratch. I found myself searching the ice and the bench trying to find him.

This was the game I believe he was going to make his statement. Well he did and that's "he's dispensable"

Give the guy a chance! He played 8 minutes, and it was just his third game. I agree, he was largely invisible, but Prucha--for all his effort--hasn't produced a point in three games either. Don't write Fritsche off yet.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post

What do you expect him to do in 8 minutes of ice time?? I don't understand Renney. if you're going to give the guy a shot let him play consecutive games with more than 8 minutes. Whether it's prucha or fritsche GIVE THEM A REAL SHOT.

Nyrvana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Give the guy a chance! He played 8 minutes, and it was just his third game. I agree, he was largely invisible, but Prucha--for all his effort--hasn't produced a point in three games either. Don't write Fritsche off yet.
Prucha gets in on the forecheck, causes turnovers, gets to loose pucks, gets into prime scoring chances, and gets pucks on net. Fritsche takes off angle shots and does **** all else.

Same level of offensive production, sure, but VASTLY different levels of engagement in the offensive plan. Prucha makes his presence known. Fritsche and Rissmiler, not so much.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Prucha gets in on the forecheck, causes turnovers, gets to loose pucks, gets into prime scoring chances, and gets pucks on net. Fritsche takes off angle shots and does **** all else.

Same level of offensive production, sure, but VASTLY different levels of engagement in the offensive plan. Prucha makes his presence known. Fritsche and Rissmiler, not so much.
I'm with you on Prucha and agree on Rissmiller, but you can't say you think Fritsche has gotten a real chance. IMO he has been shafted as bad as Prucha. One guy being left out completely is Orr. I know I know I love the work he has done on his game too, but lets be honest...he is still offensively challenged. Either way Prucha and Fritsche need to get some games in.

If Rissmiller is on a one year deal can we just buy him out of it now?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I'm with you on Prucha and agree on Rissmiller, but you can't say you think Fritsche has gotten a real chance. IMO he has been shafted as bad as Prucha. One guy being left out completely is Orr. I know I know I love the work he has done on his game too, but lets be honest...he is still offensively challenged. Either way Prucha and Fritsche need to get some games in.

Call me nuts, but I wouldn't mind giving Prucha a final shot w/ Gomez. If Dawes and Gomez still aren't working out after awhile, it would be a shot for Prucha to re-earn some value. If he can't produce with Gomez, then he's definitely lost it as a goalscorer.

Fritsche I'm not so sure about, he's not gonna replace one of our centers and who's he gonna push the RW side? Callahan? Zherdev? Korpedo? Now I'm not much a goon buff but it seems our team's been in quite a few fights the back 10 games, and keeping Orr around can't hurt there. He's only going to be playing 4th line minutes and he's no liability, so I don't see why it matters if he can't score, because I doubt Fritsche will playing w/ Betts and Sjostrom.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
Call me nuts, but I wouldn't mind giving Prucha a final shot w/ Gomez. If Dawes and Gomez still aren't working out after awhile, it would be a shot for Prucha to re-earn some value. If he can't produce with Gomez, then he's definitely lost it as a goalscorer.

Fritsche I'm not so sure about, he's not gonna replace one of our centers and who's he gonna push the RW side? Callahan? Zherdev? Korpedo? Now I'm not much a goon buff but it seems our team's been in quite a few fights the back 10 games, and keeping Orr around can't hurt there. He's only going to be playing 4th line minutes and he's no liability, so I don't see why it matters if he can't score, because I doubt Fritsche will playing w/ Betts and Sjostrom.
The Rangers use thier 4th line a lot, so i'm not sure what you mean by that. Renney uses his 4th line more than most coaches, thats his checking line really. He wants scoring from all 4 lines. Can we really expect more than 10 points from Colton this year?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 03:45 AM
polako

Fletch summed it up best: what do expect in return for Christian Backman? Fritsche sucks.

I'm just tired of the hype around everyone else's trash. Instead, when the team finds itself a nice player in Prucha, who surpasses everyone's expectations, they then play around with his confidence and bury him on the bottom lines and in the press box.

I wonder how his career would differ if Shanny were never signed. For the record, they both scored the same amount of goals their first two years on the team

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post

right now the way i look at it is you have 2 spots for 5 players.

Dawes, Prucha, Fritsche, Korpikoski and Rissmiller all battling for 2 spots.

Rangers need to figure out which 3 they are they most comfortable with, and part ways with the 2 other players. Particularly this is important for Korpedo. he CAN NOT rot away on the bench, he needs to play, this is a huge year for him, if hes not going to be in the mix, then fine, send him down. but benching him serves no purpose whatsoever.

Old
10-25-2008, 04:54 AM
Ola

Quote:
Fritsche and Rissmiller shouldnt skate for this team again. IMHO, they are worthless. They do nothing, NOTHING to make me even remotely interested in seeing them out there on the ice again. Right now Korpedo is by far and away the best of those 4, and Prucha is definitely second.

Discuss.
Inferno, I agree 110%.

This is a aspect I really don't like about how a NHL team is traditionally run.

Prucha have been here for 3+ years. He have basically been on the team as long as any other player.

He have struggled lately, but does he get a chance to play himself out of it? No, because Slats made a trade and since Slats brought in a player he must be given a chance so that Slats can look good. I am so freakin tired of the constant gambling by management in NY. There is no way Dan Fritsche ever will be better then Jason Ward. We have probably tried 10 players now in that position -- and none have really been better then the one we had 3.5 years ago, Jason Ward. Slats must realize that there is more to the game of hockey then the name of the back of the jersey. And had we kept Jason Ward in that position we would have had more chemistry on this team. It would have been easier for a kid like Korpikoski to come in because he would have been given a experienced linemate.

Fritsche have by FAR been the worst player so far after the lockout to make this team. He did absolutely nothing on the ice in preseason. Nothing. But his scouting report is "sexy". So we opts to give him a chance over the guys who have been here in NY for 3.5 years... To me Fritsche just seems like complete bum who feels lost after getting away from his pals in Ohio, and who can't wait to go to Swiss and play beerleague hockey.

It really makes me sick that we "have to" give him a chance to play himself out of the NHL once and for all before Prucha can get a chance to play himself out of his confidence issues...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:14 AM
KoA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
Fritsche he has played three games so far, so you can't exactly rule him out of the lineup yet. He hasn't gotten his chance yet, but when he does, he will start doing what he was known for in Columbus:Scoring clutch goals, throwing the body around, etc.. With Rissmiller waived Fritsche will start playing more. Trust me, he is way too skilled to not be a regular for us. He will play, and he will score. There is a reason why we traded for him.
I'm a strong believer that Fritsche was a throw-in with Zherdev. Nothing more. Honestly, if the opportunity arises, I say we get rid of the guy. Prucha is so much more of a complete player, he works hard in every single game. Though he doesn't have the points to show for it, you notice him on almost every shift. I don't notice Fritsche is even playing when he actually does get the chance to.

KoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:34 AM
bumrusherer

Probably but neither pair have come close to scoring any kind of point. So its not something that needs to be emphasized like that.

Prucha is the most annoying S.O.B because he is one of those players that has the talent to be a true difference maker, yet he continues under perform/not reach his potential.
He does work very hard though.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:42 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Naslund - Drury - Zherdev
Dawes - Gomez - Prucha
Voros - Dubi - Callahan
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

extras: Fritsche, Korpedo

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:07 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Fritsche have by FAR been the worst player so far after the lockout to make this team. He did absolutely nothing on the ice in preseason. Nothing. But his scouting report is "sexy". So we opts to give him a chance over the guys who have been here in NY for 3.5 years... To me Fritsche just seems like complete bum who feels lost after getting away from his pals in Ohio, and who can't wait to go to Swiss and play beerleague hockey.
I'm sorry Ola, I usually agree with you, but that is the most unfair and clearly biased things I've ever read on HFBoards. Fritsche scored 2 goals and had a great assist (to Redden against NJ if I recall) in his limited preseason ice time, and I'm not sure why everyone around here is conveniently purging this from their memory. The guy has played what, 30 min in the regular season?

10-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Rangerfan4life90

I don't want to get rid of Fritsche so soon. This guy still has potential to be something.

As for Prucha who has stunk up the joint for the longest I don't want to see him playing over him yet

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:31 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
I'm sorry Ola, I usually agree with you, but that is the most unfair and clearly biased things I've ever read on HFBoards. Fritsche scored 2 goals and had a great assist (to Redden against NJ if I recall) in his limited preseason ice time, and I'm not sure why everyone around here is conveniently purging this from their memory. The guy has played what, 30 min in the regular season?
I with ya here. Thought Fritsche looked good in limited ice in the pre-season. Not interested in seeing Prucha getting crushed regularly quite yet. If he's not traded Prucha will get a shot. The 12 forwards from last night aren't all gonna play the last 72 games. The lineup doesn't have to be set in stone for the rest of the season. Fritsche, Prucha, Korpikoski and Sjo should continue to rotate.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:45 AM
John Torturella

Fritsche has played 3 games. There is no way you can judge the kid after 3 games. Its not fair. You have to give him a fair shake. Same goes for Prucha too, although not as much because we know what he is.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Fritsche and Rissmiller shouldnt skate for this team again. IMHO, they are worthless. They do nothing, NOTHING to make me even remotely interested in seeing them out there on the ice again. Right now Korpedo is by far and away the best of those 4, and Prucha is definitely second.

Discuss.

agree

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:51 PM
lbrowne

Quote:

Exactly, thank you.

The ONLY thing I ever remember seeing Fritz do that made me notice him was the goal he scored over in Prague. Funny how all you call for Prucha's head if he does nothing in 8 minutes other than forecheck hard and create down low turnovers.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Inferno, I agree 110%.

This is a aspect I really don't like about how a NHL team is traditionally run.

Prucha have been here for 3+ years. He have basically been on the team as long as any other player.

He have struggled lately, but does he get a chance to play himself out of it? No, because Slats made a trade and since Slats brought in a player he must be given a chance so that Slats can look good. I am so freakin tired of the constant gambling by management in NY. There is no way Dan Fritsche ever will be better then Jason Ward. We have probably tried 10 players now in that position -- and none have really been better then the one we had 3.5 years ago, Jason Ward. Slats must realize that there is more to the game of hockey then the name of the back of the jersey. And had we kept Jason Ward in that position we would have had more chemistry on this team. It would have been easier for a kid like Korpikoski to come in because he would have been given a experienced linemate.

It really makes me sick that we "have to" give him a chance to play himself out of the NHL once and for all before Prucha can get a chance to play himself out of his confidence issues...
totally agree.

Old
10-25-2008, 03:53 PM
AXN

Korpikoski played in more games than Fritsche and has not done anthing. In fact they hardly played Fritsche. >>> than Rismiller yes but not Fritsche.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 04:15 PM
bubba5

I think you guys are not giving Fritsche a fair shake, the guy has played 3 games, what do you want from him. The problem is the Rangers management here, they should have made decisions on who is staying and going weeks ago. Now, Fritsche, Prucha, Korpo, Dawes do not know what the heck is going on. Its hard to practice, because guys are getting moved around from day to day, and then you throw them into a game every once in a while and expect them to be gamebreakers. Come on Sather/Renney make a decision already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote