HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha & Korpedo >>>>>> Fritsche & Rissmiller

Old
11-02-2008, 12:28 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
korpikoski and prucha should play next game with sjostrom on the other wing....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
hes not wrong. fritsche had a blind pass giveaway right up the middle at the tail end of their shift...led to a 3 on 2 (maybe a 4 on 2?) the other way which the leafs eventually scored on if memory serves me right.

Fritsche is garbage.
Exactly.

Quote:
"The trolley came off the tracks with silly, hope passes in the offensive zone," said the head coach
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11022008...meb_136415.htm

Hmm I wonder who Renney is talking about...

I was afraid Fritsche's egoistic brainfart would get lost in the mess. None in media picked up on it.

Last edited by Ola: 11-02-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Ola

If a D would have tryed to stickhandle with the puck as the last man and lost it so that Toronto got a breakaway everyone would be trashing that D.

But what Fritsche did was worse. Its basically the one shift this season where it was most important to just keep Toronto on the outside, don't give them anything. Slow things down. Näslund and Drury does exactly that. Takes the puck into the attacking zone. Circles around. Drury wasn't even infront of the net, both him and Näslund got open so that they wouldn't give up a big chance. Fritsche gets the puck and goes against what everyone else on the ice is trying to achive, he throws a really hard, blind pass from behind the net towards the slot and Toronto gets a 4 on 2. Or 3 on 2, I am not quite sure either.

Fritsche had zero interest in protecting Valley. In letting Valley settle down. He had zero interest in slowing things down and letting his teammate get back in the game. All he wanted to do was help his own cause.

There is a reason for why have a farm. There is a reason the most successful teams are the homegrown teams like NJ and Detroit. There is a reason for why you want homegrown players on the team. You want to learn them the system. You want them to feel that they are "Rangers", that they play for each other. I am pretty sure that a team like NJ or Detroit NEVER would have played Fritsche in the sitution we are in. He is a guy who struggled on finding a role in Columbus. He was mostly a 3rd lineer on one of the worst teams in the league. But sure, he got a solid stride and some speed. He got some potential. But the only way he would become effective is if we invest 2-3 years in him. And that would of course come at the expense of Prucha, Korpikoski, Greg Moore, Hugh Jessiman, Dane Byers and co. But you know what, I am 110% sure that neither of thoose guy would have put 2 pts on the line and gambled like Fritsche did. They would have gone out there and played for Valley. None of thoose guys might be more skilled the Fritsche, none might be more talented or better players. But all thoose guys are Rangers (Jessiman was a ranger). They know the system.

I do think that Slats don't know better then getting a player like Fritsche. He don't understand the whole team concept. When he won his cups the game was diffrent. From Renney, I think its nothing but a betrayal of our entire farm to play Fritsche. He is failing the players in our system. I might not agree with Jessiman, but its understandable that these guys loose their faith.

We put allot of faith in developing a farm, then Slats goes and gets some hillbilly bum with zero hockeysense and very avg talent, that had problems finding a role on one of the worst teams in the league -- and we give him chance after chance after chance.

Something is rotten in denmark...

Old
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Oh Please! Fritsche is a 23 year old kid who's having a hard time with a new team. He's not an ax murderer and he's NOT garbage; he had a brain fart in a period where a lot of Ranger players made stupid mistakes. He--at most--cost the Rangers one goal in a 3rd period where the Rangers gave up FIVE (yep, 5) goals. There's plenty of blame to go around.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 05:00 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Oh Please! Fritsche is a 23 year old kid who's having a hard time with a new team. He's not an ax murderer and he's NOT garbage; he had a brain fart in a period where a lot of Ranger players made stupid mistakes. He--at most--cost the Rangers one goal in a 3rd period where the Rangers gave up FIVE (yep, 5) goals. There's plenty of blame to go around.
I agree. Its not him in person that I got a problem with, why is he playing though? Thats the big question.

Why do we bring in someone like Fritsche who isn't a "ranger", who doesn't know that system, who isn't really a good hockeyplayer -- like its one thing if we bring in someone like Avery or Zherdev, or someone because we need to fill a spot to save our kids from beeing played in the NHL before they are ready, but thats not the case here.

I definitly belives that Fritsche could become a good ranger if we invest allot of time in him. What I got a big problem with is that we bring in Fritsche who at best is marginally better then what we have, and starts from scratch and invest in him instead of the guys who we have invested in for several years now. Instead of Korpikoski, Prucha, Greg Moore, Hugh Jessiman and co.

Thats not how you -- IMHO -- build a team these days. Its a affront to the kids in our system.

Old
11-03-2008, 12:14 PM
frozenH20

I think you hit the nail on the head. Fritsche was packaged along with Zherdev and doesn’t fill a need. At first glance, I see Fritsche as a utilitarian player or a less gritty Callahan with a nice off angle shot. Fritsche maybe getting a raw deal, but it’s obvious he needs time to develop further, get acclimated, and understand the system. Dawes and Prucha have more offensive potential and are better options to try filling the immediate need. Additionally, Korp as well as others in the pipeline are ahead of Fritsche.

frozenH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

I haven't seen enough of Fritsche to decide what his upside is or whether he fits or not--especially not in person. It takes time for players to mesh together and Fritsche hasn't had enough ice time yet. People are acting like the Rangers are 3-10 not the other way around. .

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i just wantd to bump this thread.

Fritsche has really shown me something these past 2 games. FINALLY he looks like an NHLer.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Fristche has indeed played well the last 2 games

The Dawes-Korepdo-Fritsche line looks pretty good

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:25 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Fritsche has really shown me something these past 2 games. FINALLY he looks like an NHLer.

Fritsche & Korpedo >>>>>> Prucha & Rissmiller

FIXED

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

as of right now, i agree jas.

Old
11-15-2008, 09:35 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
as of right now, i agree jas.
Unless we see another injury, Prucha is done here. Move the kid and let him start his hockey life anew somewhere else. If there was any truth to the rumor that we could have had Brad Boyes in the Ward-for-Mara deal, just by adding Prucha and Hollweg...well, fortunately, I'm not a violent person.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:00 PM
thenailer

hey everyone, ive been a creep for a longtime but contributing just wasnt my thing..but i think im ready..ive been watching fritch for a long time and knew he would eventually start to get things going...i think the past two games hes been the most important player on the ice (which is a result of him being the most important player on the most important line) and i dont think its any coincidence that this is his first series of playing back to back games..my point is this kids gonna be a huge part of the team this year on a cup winning team..i dont care if he ever scores (hell have his fair share in the end) but this kid is the type of player you want on your team..today he single handily turned a flat team into a team with energy..lets go rangers

thenailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:07 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenailer View Post
hey everyone, ive been a creep for a longtime but contributing just wasnt my thing..but i think im ready..ive been watching fritch for a long time and knew he would eventually start to get things going...i think the past two games hes been the most important player on the ice (which is a result of him being the most important player on the most important line) and i dont think its any coincidence that this is his first series of playing back to back games..my point is this kids gonna be a huge part of the team this year on a cup winning team..i dont care if he ever scores (hell have his fair share in the end) but this kid is the type of player you want on your team..today he single handily turned a flat team into a team with energy..lets go rangers
Come on dude, really? Don't be like that guy who started the "Lundqvist is the best goalie blah blah" thread in the main forum. Statements like these never lead to anything positive

Anyhow, I don't think Fritsche has been the best player on the ice both nights, but he's been excellent nonetheless. The sooner we can get the lines set the better. His big body is surely an improvement over a pretty frail Prucha, that's for sure

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Fristche has indeed played well the last 2 games

The Dawes-Korepdo-Fritsche line looks pretty good
As a Bruins fan I'd say that was your best line tonight. Speed, was physical and was really good in the offensive zone.

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:10 PM
NYR Viper

fritshce+voros+callahan+dubi are the reason sather was able to let avery walk....he was hoping those players could help create energy without his antics.....

back on topic, fritsche has looked very good...dawes has looked good.....korpikoski has looked good.....all three of them should be playing EVERY night.....no excuses......

also, i just want to point out how much better drury has looked....he looks a lot more comfortable and confident in what he does its night and day

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Fritsche & Korpedo >>>>>> Prucha & Rissmiller

FIXED

I came into this with that same thought.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Ola

Fritsche deserves some cred for his last 2 games.

Korpikoski have been awsome. He is carrying his line all over the ice. Very impressive for a rookie. And you got to love the fact that he is starting to find a niche offensivly by hanging out in the high slot and blasting away. His shot is pretty good.

Old
11-16-2008, 01:46 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Fritsche deserves some cred for his last 2 games.

Korpikoski have been awsome. He is carrying his line all over the ice. Very impressive for a rookie. And you got to love the fact that he is starting to find a niche offensivly by hanging out in the high slot and blasting away. His shot is pretty good.
Korpikoski has really showed some real skill, first, with that power move from the boards for that goal in preseason and then making the play from nothing to set up Dawes. On top of the nice offensive skills he just looks big out there. He's improved each year in NA and that's what you want to see. I really like his game. Fristsche has looked good and is now playing to his capabilities.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

This is why I was telling you that Fritsche is not worthless, and doesn't suck. Dude just needed some time!

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
This is why I was telling you that Fritsche is not worthless, and doesn't suck. Dude just needed some time!
yep, its why i bumped it. ill be the first one to point out when i was wrong. but lets also say, this is 2 good games, id like to see a sustained effort, but he and korpedo have some pretty obvious chemistry out there.

Old
11-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
yep, its why i bumped it. ill be the first one to point out when i was wrong. but lets also say, this is 2 good games, id like to see a sustained effort, but he and korpedo have some pretty obvious chemistry out there.

Old
12-30-2008, 02:12 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Unless we see another injury, Prucha is done here. Move the kid and let him start his hockey life anew somewhere else. If there was any truth to the rumor that we could have had Brad Boyes in the Ward-for-Mara deal, just by adding Prucha and Hollweg...well, fortunately, I'm not a violent person.
Prucha is done here. Who is Prucha? again???PRUCHA WHO? He's done I tell you. To categorize Petr Prucha and Rismiller together is just PUTRID. Shame on you.

For some of you to quit on Dawes when his talent is evident, is close to the putridity someone showed by categorizing prucha with rismiller.

Dawes, Prucha, Korpedo are single handedly keeping us in games for us the last few showings.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Prospalous

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
Prucha is done here. Who is Prucha? again???PRUCHA WHO? He's done I tell you. To categorize Petr Prucha and Rismiller together is just PUTRID. Shame on you.

For some of you to quit on Dawes when his talent is evident, is close to the putridity someone showed by categorizing prucha with rismiller.

Dawes, Prucha, Korpedo are single handedly keeping us in games for us the last few showings.
putridity, huh?

Prospalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 02:23 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWESGOTPAWES View Post
putridity, huh?
Morally rotten, corrupt, extremely objectionable, vile.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote