HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Jordan Staal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2008, 12:25 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by middletoe View Post
Just a thought. Crosby and Malkin are both huge, huge draws. Splitting them up might create more overall revenue for the league.

all we care about is winning and generating our revenue from people going to our games... just a thought haha

Old
11-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Tek_Jansen

Send a message via AIM to Tek_Jansen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensown View Post
If noone thinks we can resign staal due to his high asking price.

How about

Jason Blake(High Contract, has been a healthy scratch, close to negative value)
Nik Antropov(UFA)
Luke Schenn

For

Jordan Staal(RFA)
Ruslan Fedtenko(UFA)
Pascal Dupuis
2nd

Antropov would look great at LW on Malkins line. Blake can become his old self with Crosby and if he doesnt you could restructure his contract or drop him. Schenn would make our defense young, cheap and better than what it is.

We would take on more cap but take out part of Gonchars and it fits.

Does anyone think we could resign Antropov for 5 years at 3-3.25 a year?
Schenn is not on the block, it just won't happen. And you don't trade the free agents you just signed this year, that doesn't send a good message to others. I do like the sound of Antropov, maybe we could get him this offseason.

Old
11-13-2008, 12:44 PM
middletoe
Why am I me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
Stupid thought.
Fine!
I'll just over to the Kings board and see what they think.

Old
11-13-2008, 12:53 PM
middletoe
Why am I me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post

all we care about is winning and generating our revenue from people going to our games... just a thought haha
That sort of falls into my point. You're going to sell out with either one of them anyway.
How about if Gary gave you a compensatory pick in the second round of the draft next year for one of them. Would that make it work for Pens fans?

Old
11-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Hugh Madbrough

Quote:

How about

Nik Antropov(UFA)
Luke Schenn

For

Jordan Staal(RFA)
Ruslan Fedtenko(UFA)
Pascal Dupuis
2nd

Antropov would look great at LW on Malkins line. Blake can become his old self with Crosby and if he doesnt you could restructure his contract or drop him. Schenn would make our defense young, cheap and better than what it is.

No offense but do you eat lead paint chips?

Old
11-13-2008, 01:28 PM
robdicks

Quote:

How about

Nik Antropov(UFA)
Luke Schenn

For

Jordan Staal(RFA)
Ruslan Fedtenko(UFA)
Pascal Dupuis
2nd

leafs fan here... no way schenn is going anywhere the whole city and the whole staff is really high on him... we'll give you schenn straight up for crosby if you want tho.... Jordan Staal has been talked about on our boards like crazy.. i love the kid.. he would be the best player on our rebuilding team and it would be swee it shero and fletcher could work something out sadly i dont think the leafs have what it takes to get staal.. we wouldnt give up schenn and kaberle has a ntc... if kaberle waived it i still dont think pitts would do the deal kabs straight up for staal...

Old
11-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Twenty One

Staal’s a priority for Pens

By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Quote:

Let's cut to the chase: The Penguins have no desire to trade Jordan Staal for a winger to play with Sidney Crosby -- and this was their stance long before Staal's monster game Tuesday in Detroit.

They won't part with Staal unless forced to do so......
Just thought I would show you guys this article. I know this thread is about wanting to trade him and all that but here.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_598133.html

Last edited by WVP: 11-13-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Don't think you're allowed to post entire articles, added the link
Old
11-13-2008, 03:17 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Just thought I would show you guys this article. I know this thread is about wanting to trade him and all that but here.

I love how tightknit our team's locker room is. Having these guys growing up together will make them even tougher to play against than if they just all came together in their prime. We're so lucky to have players of their caliber that get along so well here in Pittsburgh!

So say Staal resigns for a bit less than market value as Sid, Geno, Fleury, Orpik, and Whitney have all done so far. Do you guys think it would be a big blow in the lockerroom if/when one of these core guys would get traded away? I know they overcame losing Armstrong and Christensen last year, but they were role players that hadn't taken a hometown discount to keep the team together. Thoughts?

Old
11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Twenty One

That is something along the lines of what I was thinking.. Sorry mods for posting the whole article I didn't realize I couldn't

Old
11-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW

This should be no surprise at all to those with a lick of common sense. But it never hurts to have a reminder for some of our more trigger-happy contributors.

Old
11-13-2008, 06:50 PM
JTG

This team realizes what they are apart of. Not often do you stumble upon a chance to potentially be a part of hockey history and have the comparison to the Gretzky Oilers.

Old
11-14-2008, 09:52 AM
CrosbyMalkin

Quote:
That sort of falls into my point. You're going to sell out with either one of them anyway.
How about if Gary gave you a compensatory pick in the second round of the draft next year for one of them. Would that make it work for Pens fans?
This guy must be just trying to start crap. He can't be that dumb. Would a 2nd round pick make it work for us in giving up Crosby or Malkin????!!!! Come on!

Old
11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Til the End of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
This team realizes what they are apart of. Not often do you stumble upon a chance to potentially be a part of hockey history and have the comparison to the Gretzky Oilers.
What does that mean?

Old
11-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
What does that mean?
What do you mean?

Old
11-14-2008, 11:49 AM
JTG

Quote:
What does that mean?
Meaning that players of this caliber don't usually, if ever, have a chance to be drafted by the same team. It is merely luck, and the players on this team realize what kind of opportunity they have. They have the opportunity to grow together, and accomplish things that only a handful of NHL teams have been able to do.

That is what it means.

Old
11-14-2008, 12:33 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordark View Post
This should be no surprise at all to those with a lick of common sense. But it never hurts to have a reminder for some of our more trigger-happy contributors.
HAHA....My exact thoughts when reading this thread..."trade Jordan Staal"? Are people completely insane?

Old
11-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Leafs fan here...

Our team could really use a player like Jordan Staal, and you guys could use a top 6 winger on your Cup run. The perfect solution? Antropov, Devereaux (fast, third line PKer), and a 3rd round draft pick for your beloved Staal.

Now before you say "Staal is worth so much, stupid trade," he isn't worth all that much. He has alot of potential, but he hasn't accomplished anything since his rookie season. You guys can't possibly expect to get a star player like Gaborik or Hemsky for him, those teams would be getting ripped off. Maybe Bouwmeester, but he's a free agent at the end of the year, and I guarantee he's going to test it (remember Hossa?).

Antropov is a big, talented playmaker. He's a little slow, but I believe he'd be a perfect winger for either Crosby or Malkin. He's good on the power play, and he's a good PKer too.

Antropov is a 60+ point guy, Staal will probably hit 30 this year. Staal deserves more than being a third line center. Let him come to Toronto, a place where he'll be paid handsomely, and will be loved by all.

You guys won't regret it. Antropov is still fairly young, and he's a talented player.

Old
11-21-2008, 10:19 AM
WVP

When someone named Cleatus says "you won't regret it," run as fast as you can.

Old
11-21-2008, 10:38 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
Leafs fan here...

Our team could really use a player like Jordan Staal, and you guys could use a top 6 winger on your Cup run. The perfect solution? Antropov, Devereaux (fast, third line PKer), and a 3rd round draft pick for your beloved Staal.

Now before you say "Staal is worth so much, stupid trade," he isn't worth all that much. He has alot of potential, but he hasn't accomplished anything since his rookie season. You guys can't possibly expect to get a star player like Gaborik or Hemsky for him, those teams would be getting ripped off. Maybe Bouwmeester, but he's a free agent at the end of the year, and I guarantee he's going to test it (remember Hossa?).

Antropov is a big, talented playmaker. He's a little slow, but I believe he'd be a perfect winger for either Crosby or Malkin. He's good on the power play, and he's a good PKer too.

Antropov is a 60+ point guy, Staal will probably hit 30 this year. Staal deserves more than being a third line center. Let him come to Toronto, a place where he'll be paid handsomely, and will be loved by all.

You guys won't regret it. Antropov is still fairly young, and he's a talented player.
Then why do you want him?

We don't expect to get stars for just Jordan Staal, but he would go a long way in simplifying that process if we infact decided to go in that direction.

Old
11-21-2008, 11:12 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVPens View Post
When someone named Cleatus says "you won't regret it," run as fast as you can.

Old
11-21-2008, 11:52 AM
SaintRon

Wingers I would want from the Leafs in a trade for Staal:

Antropov, Double Nope
Blake, Nope
Hagman, Nope
Hollweg, Nope
Kulemin, Nope
Mayers, Nope
Ponikarovsky, Nope
White, Nope

That about does it.

Old
11-21-2008, 12:31 PM
gopens66
Finally

Quote:
Yeah, cause we drafted both Crosby and Malkin in the second round. Get back to study hall, general math, or whatever class your supposed to be in.

Old
11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Staalosaurus

once shero signs staal to a long term contract he will trade Staal for hossa then immediately trade hossa for the other marian.

Old
11-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staalosaurus View Post
once shero signs staal to a long term contract he will trade Staal for hossa then immediately trade hossa for the other marian.
Not in our life time. If we trade for Hossa again! Which we wont, but to end up trading him for a Stack of hospial records is purly suicide.

Gaborik takes up two drawers!

Old
11-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
Leafs fan here...

Your post has made us all dumber for reading it.

Closed Thread