HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Forsberg and Salo to Sweden next season - rumor

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
what will the league do without its premier diver????
Don't worry about it. There are alot of contenders for the title.

Old
02-28-2004, 02:25 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Naslund said there was a possibility, but he never said straight up that he would.

Old
02-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
Every year Forsberg has apparently decided to play in Sweden next year, but every year he stays in Colorado. Barring a lockout, Forsberg is back in Denver next year.
Yes, I don't buy much of this either. But his contract IS up after this season and he has all the money he needs, and all those injury problems. I think the swedish league could be a little bit easier on his body, but still challenging enough for him to keep his motivation going in order to keep playing.

Old
02-28-2004, 02:32 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
May I say as a Wings fan that if this is really true, I'm sure myself and a few other like-minded individuals would be the first to contribute to the price of his one-way ticket. Willingly

Old
02-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Hecht

I wonder if Lidstrom will join them?

Old
02-28-2004, 02:51 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
May I say as a Wings fan that if this is really true, I'm sure myself and a few other like-minded individuals would be the first to contribute to the price of his one-way ticket. Willingly
Conversely, if Pavel Datsyuk were to decide to go home and play in Russia, I'd feel awfully bad that the NHL is losing a premier ticket-seller and jaw-dropping player.

Funny how different people look at different situations.

Old
02-28-2004, 03:22 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Conversely, if Pavel Datsyuk were to decide to go home and play in Russia, I'd feel awfully bad that the NHL is losing a premier ticket-seller and jaw-dropping player.

Funny how different people look at different situations.
funny how its o-so easy to type "If Datsyuk left I would miss this "jaw-dropping premier" player when in truth you would be estatic Datsyuk is gone, don't feed me that BS...

Old
02-28-2004, 03:28 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
funny how its o-so easy to type "If Datsyuk left I would miss this "jaw-dropping premier" player when in truth you would be estatic Datsyuk is gone, don't feed me that BS...
If that's how you really feel, then I honestly feel bad for you.

Old
02-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

vCash: 541
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Forsberg may play for a rival of the Red Wings, but I really would rather him be here. He makes the NHL that much better. I love watching the skilled players no matter where they play.

Old
02-28-2004, 05:05 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
If that's how you really feel, then I honestly feel bad for you.
until you change that avatar, I honestly feel bad for you...

Old
02-28-2004, 05:06 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav
Forsberg may play for a rival of the Red Wings, but I really would rather him be here. He makes the NHL that much better. I love watching the skilled players no matter where they play.
would rather be that much closer to the cup, then to watch Floppa's plays, dives, and utter cheapness....

Old
02-28-2004, 09:38 PM
ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Does Salo really think he has a choice in the matter?
Well, he could sign with Västerås in the Swedish tier II league, the team he broke through with...

Old
02-28-2004, 09:44 PM
ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
i wouldn't be surprised if peter is looking at a short term stint in sweden, one maybe two years just to simply heal and play some non brutal hockey, and get some solid conditioning in and then return for a couple more years with the avs...

if not though, best of luck, if your heart is in sweden then by god go home and play, best of luck you are the best
Sorry, but I don´t think that´s the case. Peter is a very adamant person and a localpatriot of Örnsköldsvik. For him wearing the MoDo jersey is bigger than donning the Avs ditto. Peter will go to Sweden and stay here. I hope he will get to win another scoring title in this Stanley Cup playoffs and get to win it all. Go out in style. Then he´ll come back home and win a title he´s never won, and one he really would rate high - winning the Swedish National Championship. With hometown club MoDo. Honestly.

Old
02-28-2004, 10:34 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy
Sorry, but I don´t think that´s the case. Peter is a very adamant person and a localpatriot of Örnsköldsvik. For him wearing the MoDo jersey is bigger than donning the Avs ditto. Peter will go to Sweden and stay here. I hope he will get to win another scoring title in this Stanley Cup playoffs and get to win it all. Go out in style. Then he´ll come back home and win a title he´s never won, and one he really would rate high - winning the Swedish National Championship. With hometown club MoDo. Honestly.
that's great, but you speak as if you've roomed with him. all i meant in my post was simple speculation and an idea where he'd go back, play a couple years, heal, come back to colorado for one last go at a cup to get three, and then return again..

just an idea i have.. i just hope he goes and stays where he's truly happy, and if that means no more avs jersey, that's ok by me

Old
02-29-2004, 12:51 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
By many accounts, it seems like the AftonBladet is a very unreliable source.

Old
02-29-2004, 02:38 AM
BF_Sweden

In todays paper Aftonbladet writes that Paul Kariya is interested to play in Modo along with Bertuzzi.
Think about it: Forsberg, Kariya, Bertuzzi, Näslund, Sedin, Sedin, Tommy Salo. Its a pretty good lineup for a swedish team.

Old
02-29-2004, 02:46 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav
Agreed, I want to see the best players in the world, regardless of what team they play for. Claude Lemieux is the obvious exception but that isn't an issue any more thankfully.

Old
02-29-2004, 06:04 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
By many accounts, it seems like the AftonBladet is a very unreliable source.
It is.

Old
02-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Forsberg denies MoDo rumours.

In todays Expressen Forsberg denies any rumours of him going back to Sweden.

Peter Forsberg: I haven't made any deal with Modo and I have absolutely not given Colorado any notice that I won't play there next season.
Expressen: So what is the truth?
PF: That the same headlines pop up every year at this time. It was the same thing last year. I don't know where they got this information.
Ex: Is Modo are hotter alternative now than it was a year ago.
PF: I can't answer that. I will make my decision about where to play next season when this season is over.
Ex: You haven't said yes to Modo?
PF: No I haven't and Modo today released a statement denying the information (that he would sign with them). It is simply not correct.
Ex: Why don't you want to let people know about your hockey future?
PF: Because I am under contract with Colorado this season and I want to focus on the coming playoffs.
Ex: What does Avalanche say today?
PF: Ah, they are used to a lot being written about me home in Sweden. I just talked to them about it.
Ex: How is the injury and when will you be back.
PF: It is the same injury as previous this winter, the abdomen. I can't say when I return. I can say it won't be Monday again Tampa Bay.
Ex: Frustrating?
PF: Of course. I had hoped to stay healthy for the rest of the season after taking time off for a long period before christmas. Now I have to take it easy again.

Old
02-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Kronblom

Surprise, surprise...

Are there any people that take these rumours of Peter going back to Sweden seriously?

If he does - great, if he doesn´t - oh, well.

The one thing that is true - european teams can not discuss contracts with NHL-players under contract as long as the season is under way. That´s the deal between IIHF and NHL. We will just have to wait and see.

Last edited by Kronblom: 02-29-2004 at 12:32 PM.
Old
02-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Knucklez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
Surprise, surprise...

Are there any people that take these rumours of Peter going back to Sweden seriously?
To tell you the truth, I don't really care what he does next year

Closed Thread