HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT Habs Ducks

Old
10-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Two high-puck-possession players loving to control the pace of the game can't play on the same line. As long as AK46 will play with Kovy, he'll not reveal us his real worth.

At this point of his early career, he must have his own line.

I say :

Higgins/Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay
S. Kostitsyn - Lang - A. Kostitsyn
Higgins/Latendresse - Plekanec - Kovalev

This would be worth a try IMO.
Those are actually good lines. The Koivu line is our only consistent line right now so keeping it intact is good. Kovalev and Plekanec pass to each other more then to Andrei so giving that spot to a Lats or Higgins would create more space for them, a body in front of the goalie. It might not do better then the current line but moving Andrei to Lang's line would make that one a lot stronger. Andrei would be a huge improvement over Kosto.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:23 AM
CPrice

I knew we would lose tonight, and actually dreamt this last night but Im not worried about it. Had to happen sooner then later and it was probably due time. I just had a bad feeling that with O'byrne out and Brisebois in it would be a tough game. Not to mention Kostitsyn missing his first game in a while. Kind of surprised about the number of shots on net with 51-25, I just hope we give less scoring chances in the next game.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
The PP was the best last season , because the combo of Kovalev and Markov , but this season , he plays Markov on the Koivu pp unit .

Tonight , it was obvious that Plekanec and Kovalev were playing alone . They need to score few goals to find back their confidence , but right now , they are playing individually .
Exactly.

Many people are complaining about S. Kosti not doing much. How many times did Kovy and Pleks pass to him in the attack zone? I do not recall any good passes to him at all in that area of the ice.

Kovy did some good things but did not seem totally into the game tonight.

Pleks just shot every puck he got a hold of . Hardly any of them were good percentage shots. I do not recall him setting up Kovy or S. Kosti for ANY good shots the whole game. And he seemed afraid to dig the puck off the boards. He gave up and let the Ducks win most of the puck battles he had along the boards.

S. Kosti made one great pass to spring Kovy in for a breakaway right down the middle of the attack zone. Other than that he did not get the puck much.

I hope the take S. Kosti off the Pkeks/Kovy line. Those two do not pass to him hardly at all. He needs to have the puck to make great passes. He can't do much if he does not get to touch the puck like tonight.

Lappy needs to go to passing school. When , this season , did he make a good pass to set up a teammate a good shot? I cannot recall any.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(

Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai
Who gets the loss...Price or Halak?

Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Gustave

When I woke up this morning and saw the rain, I knew things would get ugly. I just felt like it was that kind of day. And it seems I was right;

Halak looked like he couldn't stop a shot and fumbling every puck and Brisebois was replacing a very potent O'Byrne. Weird turnovers always turned to a goal against. Our D not able to clear the puck or cover a Duck. Add to that the ol' cris** de goaler quebecois à Montreal and you have a recipe for disaster.

With all that said, we absolutely dominated their arses. Like, really, 55 shots allowed? How bad are they? So frustrating.

As if this wasn't enough, Pat Côté blew his knew in the third round against Anderson Silva. Côté was really hanging in there until that freak injury. What an 'efed up day.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
I knew we would lose tonight, and actually dreamt this last night but Im not worried about it. Had to happen sooner then later and it was probably due time. I just had a bad feeling that with O'byrne out and Brisebois in it would be a tough game. Not to mention Kostitsyn missing his first game in a while. Kind of surprised about the number of shots on net with 51-25, I just hope we give less scoring chances in the next game.
I interestingly, I dreamt a loss but it was a similar start. I dreamt I turned on the TV and we were down 1-0, and for some reason I was busy with something else but every time I looked back the Ducks (well it wasn't implied as the Ducks but let's say it was) were scoring before it was 4-0 by the halfway point of the 1st and Halak was pulled. Then we got a couple by the midway point before the Ducks got back on it and won 8-3. The real game went better than this, I mean we did outshoot them 51-25.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:08 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan1990 View Post
Pretty sure Price gets the loss.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
When I woke up this morning and saw the rain, I knew things would get ugly. I just felt like it was that kind of day. And it seems I was right;

Halak looked like he couldn't stop a shot and fumbling every puck and Brisebois was replacing a very potent O'Byrne. Weird turnovers always turned to a goal against. Our D not able to clear the puck or cover a Duck. Add to that the ol' cris** de goaler quebecois à Montreal and you have a recipe for disaster.

With all that said, we absolutely dominated their arses. Like, really, 55 shots allowed? How bad are they? So frustrating.

As if this wasn't enough, Pat Côté blew his knew in the third round against Anderson Silva. Côté was really hanging in there until that freak injury. What an 'efed up day.
Oh ouch, I was just about to go watch that now. lol damn.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(

Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Pretty sure Price gets the loss.
Damn...that sucks. Anyways, thanks.

Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Oh ouch, I was just about to go watch that now. lol damn.
Yup, in the beginning of the 3rd round, while jumping side to side, his right knee gave out under him. You can actually see the *pop* as the bone just collapsed to the side of his leg and pops back in. Really weird injury, so unfortunate.

First ever UFC fighter to take Silva to a third round. Not that he was winning, just putting on a great show.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Yup, in the beginning of the 3rd round, while jumping side to side, his right knee gave out under him. You can actually see the *pop* as the bone just collapsed to the side of his leg and pops back in. Really weird injury, so unfortunate.

First ever UFC fighter to take Silva to a third round. Not that he was winning, just putting on a great show.
I'm a huge Silva fan, but I really like Cote as well. Even though I figured that Silva would win, I'm glad to hear that Cote atleast put on a great show. It's unfortunate about the injury, hopefully he's not out of action very long.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 02:34 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Anyone else think we should role with(when andrei's back)?

Lat-Koivu-tanguay
Kovy-Lang-Sergei
Andrei-Plek-higgins

The logic is the andrei-plek-higgins line was used before and didn't do bad. As for kovalev and lang reunited, I think self explanatory.

Also, random remarks is that brisebois should be out, and when GL plays, i'd rather complete the line with dandenault over begin. I never expected to choose dandenault over anyone, but he serves more of a role than begin when laraque is in.
I would REALLY like it to happen.. Sergei has incredible chimestry with Lang so you dont touch it, adding Kovy to that line is definitely a move to try, but I would be concerned with the defense.. And to me, the Higgins Pleks A.Kost line becomes our first one, I just think there is incredible chimestry between those guys, I remember the year they were playing togheter, they were amazing to watch..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 02:37 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
Actually it was Madonna on Thur. night and Bute fight last night.

aint going to happen !!!
It will happen even if Kovy has a good season and good playoffs, Gainey wont invest on Kovy for a multi years contract and Im pretty sure Kovy will ask for at least 3 years.. No way it happens, Gainey will let him go just like he let Soury walk away..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 02:50 AM
m00ks

- Skost is a waste on that line. He needs the puck to maximize his output and he wont get that with Pleks and Kovy.

- Higgins should be on the Tanguay and Koivu line. Lats is getting assists but as Pierre Mcguire pointed out, your "power forward" has 1 goal in 7 games.

- Just a defensive relapse night. Hard to blame goalies given the nature of the goals but goalies are expected to make a couple of big saves to keep their team in the game.

- I just hope Andrei's back on Tuesday. Get that line rolling already. It's unbelievable that we're scoring this many goals with a dormant Pleks line.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 08:35 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Carbo has to give Kovy more ice time... he's our best player god damn it give him more ice!!!

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Blades 0f Steel

How long until the new Perezhogin thread?
-We wouldn't have lost with Perezhogin in the lineup. Fact.
-We could use him on the point on the PP & get rid of Breezer. Fact.
-Look how Pleks & Kovalev are struggling right now. This would not happen with Perezhogin on the top line. Fact.
-Perezhogin would have prevented 3 of the goals against. Fact.
-Perezhogin does not sleep. He waits. Fact.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

The Habs against the Ducks looked like children last night. It was unreal we were talking about this at my house we usualy think guys like Lats and Komi are big buys but they even looked average size compared to the Ducks players. Not only that but wheras most teams have two or three guys that are heavyweights, the Ducks seems to be composed of only big guys. Even their skills line. Not to mention the Ds and the goalie, they look like Football players on ice. I can only imagine how playing against a team like this most be hard on the body in a 4 on 7 playoff series. No wonder why they won the cup 2 years ago.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
talking about predictable...the Habs lose their 1st in 7 games and the Carbo haters show up in full force. Is it going to be like this after every loss?
Of course, it's always that way.

To me I chalk it up to one just one of those games. I mean the Habs dominated the game at numerous times but Giguere was the best player on the ice. Did some players on the Habs make mistakes? Yes, but the Habs were skating circles around the Ducks at certain points in this game. Our goaltending wasn't there tonight and the Ducks cashed in on the couple of odd man rushes that they got. If the Habs offense plays like they did last night every night, then we don't have much to worry about. Not every goalie is going to play like that.

But one guy that has to be frustrated is Plekanec. Every game he creates and he creates, but gets nothing to show for it. At some point they have to start going in but he's gotta be thinking about it.

I thought Higgins looked really good. Can't wait to see him with Koivu and Tanguay, which will happen sooner than later.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:13 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
How long until the new Perezhogin thread?
-We wouldn't have lost with Perezhogin in the lineup. Fact.
-We could use him on the point on the PP & get rid of Breezer. Fact.
-Look how Pleks & Kovalev are struggling right now. This would not happen with Perezhogin on the top line. Fact.
-Perezhogin would have prevented 3 of the goals against. Fact.
-Perezhogin does not sleep. He waits. Fact.
With Ribeiro, Ryder and Streit, it would had been a massacre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
The Habs against the Ducks looked like children last night. It was unreal we were talking about this at my house we usualy think guys like Lats and Komi are big buys but they even looked average size compared to the Ducks players. Not only that but wheras most teams have two or three guys that are heavyweights, the Ducks seems to be composed of only big guys. Even their skills line. Not to mention the Ds and the goalie, they look like Football players on ice. I can only imagine how playing against a team like this most be hard on the body in a 4 on 7 playoff series. No wonder why they won the cup 2 years ago.
The Habs need more size up front. But don<t forget that white jerseys seem to make players look bigger.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-26-2008 at 10:22 AM.
CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan1990 View Post
Brisebois.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Carbo has to give Kovy more ice time... he's our best player god damn it give him more ice!!!
He's definitely not our best player at the moment, not even in the top 5.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:52 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
He almost plays 20 minutes a game! And still, he creates more turnovers than any other player on the team.

He has to deserve his ice time like any other player.

Koivu
Tanguay
Markov
Lang
Hamrlik
A. Kostitsyn before being hurt

all are playing better than your little Kovalev at this point.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:57 AM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
It will happen even if Kovy has a good season and good playoffs, Gainey wont invest on Kovy for a multi years contract and Im pretty sure Kovy will ask for at least 3 years.. No way it happens, Gainey will let him go just like he let Soury walk away..
LMAO comparing Souray to Kovy...good one. You are very good at that sarcasm thingy !!!

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-26-2008 at 11:34 AM.
JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Krautso

Kovy should get 3rd/4th line minutes ES and just play every second of every powerplay....

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
You can really feel some people are just begging and waiting to get into full Kovalev bashing mode.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote