HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT Habs Ducks

Old
10-26-2008, 11:21 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
You can really feel some people are just begging and waiting to get into full Kovalev bashing mode.
No. I love Kovy. But if it's to be 2006-2007 all over again, well just damn it. There's no "me" bigger than "team".

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 11:33 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
No. I love Kovy. But if it's to be 2006-2007 all over again, well just damn it. There's no "me" bigger than "team".
What the **** are you talking about seriously, I think he's actually playing good...there is 75 games left and the guy had 5pts in 7 games...yea he's playing really bad...your hilarious.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 11:37 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
What the **** are you talking about seriously, I think he's actually playing good...there is 75 games left and the guy had 5pts in 7 games...yea he's playing really bad...your hilarious.
This is not his stats... This is the way he plays.

Watch the games and you'll see he doesn't move his feet like he was last year. Last year, he was incredible and he was literally controlling the play when he was on the ice.

This year, he just seems to wait for the puck to come on his stick.

With the puck, he's as good as ever.

But when he loses the puck, he just seems like a guy who makes no sacrifices to recover it.

Old
10-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
It will happen even if Kovy has a good season and good playoffs, Gainey wont invest on Kovy for a multi years contract and Im pretty sure Kovy will ask for at least 3 years.. No way it happens, Gainey will let him go just like he let Soury walk away..
And there it is.

He returns to old posting form.

I don't get all the fingerpointing at Kovy. He had his moments last night, set up a great goal & fed Pleks enough times to have him get 13 SOG.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 11:49 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
And there it is.

He returns to old posting form.

I don't get all the fingerpointing at Kovy. He had his moments last night, set up a great goal & fed Pleks enough times to have him get 13 SOG.
Still, 5 on 5 they have a HARD time. Each member of the line finished at -2, and this goes with what I posted: When they lose the puck, the have to give more efforts to recover it.

Old
10-26-2008, 11:50 AM
habman6

My prediction is that Kovy is going to regret the weight he lost. He doesn't look as strong (not saying much, he's still a beast), but last year NOBODY could muscle him off the puck. I predict he'll start packing on some more weight, and become the Kovy of last year by christmas time.

habman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 11:54 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Still, 5 on 5 they have a HARD time. Each member of the line finished at -2, and this goes with what I posted: When they lose the puck, the have to give more efforts to recover it.
75 games left...we have one loss in regulation, why are you overreacting? It's not like they are not trying, jeez.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:02 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
75 games left...we have one loss in regulation, why are you overreacting? It's not like they are not trying, jeez.
Can you just relax. This is what I saw... no need to get crazy here... This is just my opinion, yours is worth just as much as mine.

However, from what I saw, I really observed a difference between last year's Kovy and this year's Kovy. Plekanec and S. Kostitsyn are not playing any better right now, but I feel like Kovalev seems to hog the puck way too long sometimes, just to turn it over. Last year, he was consistently moving everywhere on the ice, in the D-Zone, he was always getting his hands dirty helping his D-Men, but this year, this seems to lack to his game.

Maybe it's only because he's getting older? I don't know. Probably he's just in a cold streak. These are two possibilities. But he can do much more, that's for sure. He and his line are not looking this bad because Tanguay and Koivu are bringing the team victories, but if Koivu and Tanguay were not going well, many people would tend to blame Kovy's line much more than now.

My point is, the line is way worst than before AK46 got hurt... So it's logical to say that either Kovalev, either Plekanec, either both have to play better.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Kachino

Well, I missed the game because I had to attend a wedding... However, a guy at our table was getting text msgs whenever goals were scored during the game, therefore I knew beforehand what was the final score because getting home... Will get my hands on a copy of the game and watch it... Anyways, I'm pretty surprise to see the Habs getting 51 shots during the game and only scoring 4 times and allowing 6 goals in 25 shots. I can only guess Giguere was the main factor why the Ducks won the game.

Overall, it was a very disappointing week-end for me as a sport fan... Bute with the controversial win... Habs losing for the first time in regulation... Patrick Cote blowing his knee vs Anderson Silva... Rays losing a tight game yesterday.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:09 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Can you just relax. This is what I saw... no need to get crazy here... This is just my opinion, yours is worth just as much as mine.

However, from what I saw, I really observed a difference between last year's Kovy and this year's Kovy. Plekanec and S. Kostitsyn are not playing any better right now, but I feel like Kovalev seems to hog the puck way too long sometimes, just to turn it over. Last year, he was consistently moving everywhere on the ice, in the D-Zone, he was always getting his hands dirty helping his D-Men, but this year, this seems to lack to his game.

Maybe it's only because he's getting older? I don't know. Probably he's just in a cold streak. These are two possibilities. But he can do much more, that's for sure. He and his line are not looking this bad because Tanguay and Koivu are bringing the team victories, but if Koivu and Tanguay were not going well, many people would tend to blame Kovy's line much more than now.

My point is, the line is way worst than before AK46 got hurt... So it's logical to say that either Kovalev, either Plekanec, either both have to play better.
I'm pretty relaxed, you are the one getting worked up because the 2nd line isn't playing as good right now...I woke up in a pretty good mood and still am.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:12 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
I'm pretty relaxed, you are the one getting worked up because the 2nd line isn't playing as good right now...I woke up in a pretty good mood and still am.
Me too... Me too...

Still, I'm not saying Kovalev is going bad and is awful. But he's not playing as well as he could. If this team wants to have a great year, we will need more from Kovy.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:16 PM
andreconstantin

Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
We lost a game, wow ok we need to move on. Is the board gonna be in this mode each time we lose a game? It's getting old. Our team did play bad overall but we still managed to score 4 goals, how is that bad? The ducks were hungry and they are on a roll right now after struggling early on. It's just the beginning of the season and we are already worrying about Kovalev, who isn't doing bad at all. His line did well in the second half of the season anyway.

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:17 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stud View Post
We lost a game, wow ok we need to move on. Is the board gonna be in this mode each time we lose a game? It's getting old. Our team did play bad overall but we still managed to score 4 goals, how is that bad? The ducks were hungry and they are on a roll right now after struggling early on. It's just the beginning of the season and we are already worrying about Kovalev, who isn't doing bad at all. His line exploded in the second half of the season anyway.
LOL, you must be new here...you've seen nothing yet bud, wait until we lose two in a row...the boards collapse.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
I can attest to this.

Quote:
Me too... Me too...

Still, I'm not saying Kovalev is going bad and is awful. But he's not playing as well as he could. If this team wants to have a great year, we will need more from Kovy.
I think the whole team was just 'off' yesterday. They'll get back into a groove, but I'm worried about the next time they have to wait 5 days to play.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:21 PM
andreconstantin

Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
Quote:
LOL, you must be new here...you've seen nothing yet bud, wait until we lose two in a row...the boards collapse.
Hehe. I'm not saying we can't critic the team but most of us are being bandwagon jumpers. After that, we pimp Pleky, Kovy and stuff but when we lose they should be put on waivers. That's not the proper way to critic, let the guys play at least 20 games and it's not like we are losing all our games. Let the professionals/experts do their job. At the same time, it's Montreal so it's normal but some needs lives.

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Can't wait for Kovalev to find it,s rythm, and then everybody will be back on the bandwagon. Some people here are ridiculous

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:31 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Hehe. I'm not saying we can't critic the team but most of us are being bandwagon jumpers. After that, we pimp Pleky, Kovy and stuff but when we lose they should be put on waivers. That's not the proper way to critic, let the guys play at least 20 games and it's not like we are losing all our games. Let the professionals/experts do their job. At the same time, it's Montreal so it's normal but some needs lives.
Hmm... no not quite. I just said they can be better. Is that a crime? No.

Try again.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Welcome to the Habs board Lil Stud.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:43 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Funny how every time a player not named Brisebois, Latendresse, Lapierre, Begin, Dandenault or Bouillon is criticized people jump on their horses and get crazy about it...

Hell. Stop saying I am a "bandwagon fan" or anything like this. There's a huge difference between being an objective Canadiens fan and being a groopie.

Kovalev and Plekanec are not doing quite well presently.

Are they the reason why we lost yesterday? No.
Are they playing as well as they were last year? No.
Will they eventually come out of this slump? Probably. I'm even tempted to say sure.

But right now, I don't know what's so dramatic about what I posted. I'm not suggesting to drop those two players and I'm not bashing them. I just told that they can be better, and the team will need them in great shape if we want to compete.

I never realized how this board is becoming more and more of a sect. You can't analyse anything or anyone without being criticized.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Krautso

Quote:
The proper way to critique is to wait until all the games are played. Then we can look at the standings and year-end stats to see who the best team is. Problem solved. We can close this site down now. Good thing to because I have a life to live.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:52 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
The proper way to critique is to wait until all the games are played. Then we can look at the standings and year-end stats to see who the best team is. Problem solved. We can close this site down now. Good thing to because I have a life to live.
Naah... you did not understand huh? Every other board on this site talks about their team's players and their cold/hot streaks. Every fan on the other boards try to analyse their players the best way they can.

Here, people seem to have more pleasure talking about OT topics and stuff like that.

Never saw any place where fans are that much subjective towards their players.

Hell... This is a message board. If you don't want to read any negative thing or if you only want to read Kovalev/Koivu/Plekanec/Kostitsyn praising posts/threads, you're not at the right place...

Old
10-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
I never realized how this board is becoming more and more of a sect. You can't analyse anything or anyone without being criticized.
More and more? It's always been that way.

I'm not going to agree with you either, every player on the Habs has gotten bashed, french or not.

And sorry bud, but this is definitely overreacting:

Quote:
On one hand it seems you understand it's still early, on the other, you're saying you're affraid of another 2006-2007 already. Which is it?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:55 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
We lost 1 game..recall Glumac

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:05 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
More and more? It's always been that way.

I'm not going to agree with you either, every player on the Habs has gotten bashed, french or not.

And sorry bud, but this is definitely overreacting:

On one hand it seems you understand it's still early, on the other, you're saying you're affraid of another 2006-2007 already. Which is it?
I'm afraid, before there's always a possibility, as small as it could be. But it's still early, in fact.

However, if Kovy plays that way every remaining 75 games, well this will have been a disappointing season.

Once again, I didn't say it will definately be the case, and honestly, I don't think he could play as bad as he did back then even if he tried, but the point is, I hope he's going to bring his game up a little bit, just like Pleks and S. Kostitsyn.

However, I also think the opponents seem to have adjusted to this line, and it could be a good thing to split them and try some different combos.

Now is maybe the time to try to reunite the infernal pennsylvania duo (Lang-Kovalev).

Old
10-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Next Best Thing*

Ok wait I woke up this morning with a really bad hangover and no recollection of last night's game...

..we lost I take it?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote