HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One day soon our forum will have more posts than theirs (Blackhawks @ Wild 10/27)

Old
10-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
And we lose! Thanks Cristobal and Dale!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hurdis77

vCash: 500
cambell is triing to get to fancy

hurdis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HaliFawks

What is Soupy doing with the puck???? God that was useless

HaliFawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaliFawks View Post
Nevermind, we did. Sometimes I can't tell if the net is empty or not

Old
10-27-2008, 10:31 PM
massivegoonery

Toews has been garbage for two games in a row. It looks to me like he might be nursing some kind of injury.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Sean Avery*

Nice classy move by that Wild ****ing loser ass ****** ****** ***** shooting with .7 seconds left. I hope that *****'s career is ended in December next time the Hawks play the Minnesota Trappers.

Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Teemu

We must be the worst 6-on-5 team in the history of the NHL. I've been watching the Hawks since 1995, and I'm pretty sure I can count on my fingers how many goals we have with an empty net.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
We must be the worst 6-on-5 team in the history of the NHL. I've been watching the Hawks since 1995, and I'm pretty sure I can count on my fingers how many goals we have with an empty net.
We appear to be the worst 6-5, 5-4 and 5-3 team in recent NHL memory.

Old
10-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Well i am about to leave! Hopefully next game is better.

Hopefully Khabibulin got enough rest so that he is ready to go for the next 5-6 games.

Old
10-28-2008, 06:47 AM
lfchockey*

The Good:
Barker played well which was nice to see
Johnson has impressed me so far this year (I didn't even think he'd earn a spot)
Brouwer has played well, and has surprised me with his defensive coverage
the 4th line - cycled the puck well and kept the time of possesion in the Wild's end forcing a couple of icings. It'd be nice if they showed an offensive touch

The Bad
Toews has looked brutal and is getting man-handled down low(he's my fav. player) bad passing etc.
Ladd - he hasn't shown anything. It's hard to believe he was a first round pick. After how he's played this year, those scouts should be fired
Campbell - worst game yet. It's only a matter of time before some team wakes up and takes away the spinorama (same move every time). The Wild did and it cost us the game
Sharp - played pretty well, but needs to start burying more chances. I've never seen somebody get more high quality chances than this guy.
Versteeg- I've been overally impressed with him all year, but that was a bad game and he had some key giveaways in some crucial offensive situations.

The Ugly
Huet - I was excited about getting this guy but he's looked horrendous. Go back to goaltending school and learn how to move... even just an inch
Sopel - god he is brutal. He wasn't bad last year, but positioning, speed... everything looks awful this year. Trade him and ditch the salary so we can keep Barker and Hjalmmy/Hendry up.
Byfuglien - I was high on him last year, but he looks pathetic out there. Falling when not even touched. He should dominate down low and is getting man-handled. When he gets a chance to let the howitzer go, he fires it right into the goalie's chest. Maybe we need to give him a wake up call and send him down for a few games

I'm done ranting. We dominated them in the shot count, but we need more offensive chances.
The good news is that we're playing .500 hockey and some of our key guys haven't played well yet. Once these guys step it up, we should be okay!

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfchockey View Post
The Bad
Sharp - played pretty well, but needs to start burying more chances. I've never seen somebody get more high quality chances than this guy..
Sometime they go in, sometimes they don't. At least he was getting chances, which is more than can be said about the rest of the team. I don't see how his performance was bad.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:25 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdis77 View Post
i cant find the game any where is it on tv
www.justin.tv will have it

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
kilo41ak

Wow

I was disappointed in just about everyone. Especially Huet. What a waste. The guy is horrible. Give the starting job to Khabs and lets move on. Get rid of Huet. We can outshoot every team in teh league if our shots look like Ladds. Shoot wristers from the boards above the circles. What NHLer wont stop that? Like others on here, Toews seemed a little weak on the boards and acts like he is protecting something. What in the world is Havlat doing? Q needs to sit Campbell down and tell him to stop doing the spinorama especially at our blue line with no back up. He is fun to watch though. Buff needs to get his big ass in front of the goalie and stay there. Is he afraid of the shot? I will take his salary and get shot at all day. The only solid player I saw yesterday was Brouwer. What a workhorse. Kane played solid, he just didnt have anyone to help him out. Barker was good... jsut looked like he had some nerves of being back up in the big league. I am done rantin.. just frustrated.

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote