HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Roenick - Problem with MRI

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2004, 09:29 AM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Roenick - Problem with MRI

Some suspicious spots showed up in JR's MRI. Doesn't sound good at all, the doctors wouldn't let him fly back to Philly from Phoenix and have scheduled him for a angiogram.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040227/nhl_phi-sun.html

Good Luck JR.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Some suspicious spots showed up in JR's MRI. Doesn't sound good at all, the doctors wouldn't let him fly back to Philly from Phoenix and have scheduled him for a angiogram.

Good Luck JR.
Hmm...I thought I just read a story that said things was okay that was after this one?

Old
02-28-2004, 09:38 AM
ddheyman

Quote:

Good Luck JR.
Doesn't sound good for JR. Here's hoping he recovers. As an aside ... how many players have been knocked out for several games this year because of concussions???

Seems like a boatload. Stevens, Lindros, JR, Primeau, Deadmarsh ... it goes on and on ... don't remember this many people missing this much time in the past. Have the players started head-hunting more or are people just more aware of concussions?

Old
02-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Dr Love

That's old news, there's been an update since.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/8061535.htm

Old
02-28-2004, 09:45 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
That's old news, there's been an update since.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/8061535.htm
Thanks Dr. Love, I saw the date of the SLAM report, which was yesterday and didn't see any follow up.

Glad things are looking better for JR. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Fish

I think a big part is the improved ability to diagnose concussions. It's still somewhat of an art and that is why they refer to it as "concussion like symptoms" rather than a concussion, because to be honest it's a difficult thing to identify apart from the symptoms

Old
02-28-2004, 09:55 AM
FlyerFire

i would like to thank

all you Ranger fans.Roenick isn't the most liked player in the league and maybe even despised in NY,but you have been very supportive of him and his recovery. there is a huge rivalry between PHI and NYR and you've shown that you have very good fans.i hope Philly fans are as capable of sympathy in bad times as you all have been.

Old
02-28-2004, 10:01 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
all you Ranger fans.Roenick isn't the most liked player in the league and maybe even despised in NY,but you have been very supportive of him and his recovery. there is a huge rivalry between PHI and NYR and you've shown that you have very good fans.i hope Philly fans are as capable of sympathy in bad times as you all have been.

We Ranger fans wish that we had even one player like JR who plays his heart out every day he is on the ice. He deserves the respect shown to him for his absolute love of the game.

Hockey needs more JR's in this league

Old
02-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
We Ranger fans wish that we had even one player like JR who plays his heart out every day he is on the ice. He deserves the respect shown to him for his absolute love of the game.

Hockey needs more JR's in this league
LI i agree
JR is a player you love to hate, i liked the guy all through his career just hated him when he came to filthy cause hes not someone you want to play against 6 times a year

if there was one guy i wanted signed when he was a UFA it was JR but we never had a chance, but he is fun to watch, he plays the game the way its suppossed to be played: he hits, he scores, he passes, he will even fight and he speaks up

I was glad he went after the nhl and the refs, yeah in the end he kinda apologized, but the nhl was not doing a good job of officiating and it was hurting the sport and the players, and by him speaking up, something that happens constantly in basketball and a good amount in footbal but is rare in hockey, maybe he did open some eyes (hopefully the refs) and force them to call a better game because they know someone is going to take shots at them

anyway i wish JR the best

Old
02-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Edge

i rank JR up there as being in a similar mold to Messier. he is nasty, he is mean, and you hate his guts.....and you would kill to get him on your team.

NY fans are harsh, and they are loud but they are very knowledgeable. They dont have to blow their own horn like some cities {Detroit = Hockeytown garbage} they confidently and quietly go about their business as possibly the most knowledgable "overall" sport city in north america and possibly the world.

they'll ride a guy but at the same they know where respect is due. JR could get boo'd everytime he takes a shift, but you know the fans respect him.

Old
02-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Best of luck to JR.

It made me cringe when he got nailed with that puck.

Closed Thread