HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawk's needs.

Old
10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
tylerbear*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlak View Post
Mattias Ohlund is apparently on the trading block and Ohlund fits the mould of a big defenceman. With the Canucks able to take on salary, could you see a move with Ohlund and maybe a very tough Rick Rypien heading your way and some big salary heading back? Note, though, the salary would not be in the form of one of your goalies. The Canucks are pretty set in that position.

Ohlund
Rypien
______?

for

Havlat
Barker
Man I don't think I want to give up what it would take to get Ohlund, but what do you want for Rypien? His salary isn't that much, and his trade value isn't too high because of his injured past, but when he's playing, he is one tough SOB. he's also proved that he can score. I'd love to have Rypien.

tylerbear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:12 AM
jeremywilhelm

youd like to have a player that plays 6 great games a season and spend the rest of the time on IR? haha, have him man...

jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
jeremywilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfchockey View Post
I want whatever you're smoking!!!
To make the deal even we'd have to give you something more... perhaps Toews or Kane
doubtful, aucoin is playing a little better lately, and sarich is pretty steady, but I have a feeling aucoin is gone to UFA and not resigned this year, and sarich... well, he's sarich. Good at times, and ***** at times, at least with the youngins we would have something to blame the f-ups on.

jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:52 AM
fourLEAFclover

Everyone is wanting to get rid of Huet already eh.... Surprising to hear this, although I haven't had the time to watch much of the games thus far into the season. Has he really been that bad? I thought this was a good signing when I heard about it in the off season, cause from watching so many Toronto - Montreal games in the past I always thought that Huet was a good goalie. Maybe he just needs some time to adjust??

fourLEAFclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 11:28 AM
not dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey God View Post
Everyone is wanting to get rid of Huet already eh.... Surprising to hear this, although I haven't had the time to watch much of the games thus far into the season. Has he really been that bad? I thought this was a good signing when I heard about it in the off season, cause from watching so many Toronto - Montreal games in the past I always thought that Huet was a good goalie. Maybe he just needs some time to adjust??
Well I think some of his badness has been overblown by some people around here but he certainly could be playing better. Seems to be mostly mental mistakes though, perhaps the situation has Khabibulin has messed with his confidence or something I don't know. What I do know is that everyone aside from Dale Tallon thinks it is a terrible idea to have $12 mil locked up into two goalies when there are positions where that money could be much better spent (a second line center / winger most notably).

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
lfchockey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey God View Post
Realistically, two of the goals he didn't have a chance on (the first and third). But the second goal was absolutely horrendous and he didn't even move on it... just stood there

The problem is that we need him to make all of the easy saves and steal at least one of the high percentage goals per game if we want to be considered an upper echelon team. Letting 3 goals in the first 12 shots can't happen if your team is going to win consistently!!!

We need a lot of our players to step up their games right now, not just Huet!

Thank goodness Khabby is playing well. If I'm coach Q, I run with Khabby until he stinks up the place. Huet has always flourished when he's put into a back up role.

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Steve Larmer

First post here...

I think it's pointless and counterproductive to play a goalie when he's struggling, especially when the goalie beside him is playing very well. Both have big contracts to deal with, I don't understand why we can't let the hot hand ride.

In response to just how bad Huet has been, I've got to say it's been pretty bad. I count at least 3 blatantly soft goals (probably more like 5) that an average college goalie would routinely stop. It's gotta be a confidence thing, at least I hope it is.

edit: and for the love of god, he needs to work on covering up his 5-hole

Last edited by Steve Larmer: 10-29-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: 5-hole
Steve Larmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
fourLEAFclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Larmer View Post
First post here...

I think it's pointless and counterproductive to play a goalie when he's struggling, especially when the goalie beside him is playing very well. Both have big contracts to deal with, I don't understand why we can't let the hot hand ride.
Thats the only good thing about having both Huet and Khabby, hasn't Bulin been playing well too? I think he got a shutout against Edmonton, I could be mistaken though

Old
10-29-2008, 06:23 PM
lfchockey*

I think part of the reason that they keep going back to Huet is:
1. Khabby is old and needs a break
2. He has proven he's a capable NHL goalie and will eventually bounce back
3. Management doesn't want to look completely stupid to give Huet a massive salary to sit on the bench

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 06:41 PM
fourLEAFclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfchockey View Post
I think part of the reason that they keep going back to Huet is:
1. Khabby is old and needs a break
2. He has proven he's a capable NHL goalie and will eventually bounce back
3. Management doesn't want to look completely stupid to give Huet a massive salary to sit on the bench
Hahaha you got that key point right on there.

But number two will hopefully turn out to be a key factor for us as well, if it happens that is.

Old
10-29-2008, 09:37 PM
tylerbear*

Yeah man, Khabibulin has the hot hand right now, they should play him. He didn't look too great against the wings, but he did shut out the Oilers, but the Oilers played like crap, Huet would have earned the shutout as well in that game.

tylerbear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 11:25 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewindupbird View Post
Yeah man, Khabibulin has the hot hand right now, they should play him. He didn't look too great against the wings, but he did shut out the Oilers, but the Oilers played like crap, Huet would have earned the shutout as well in that game.
Huet would have given up four goals.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 08:43 AM
not dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Huet would have given up four goals.
No he wouldn't have. Maybe not a shutout but the Hawks would have won that game with my grandma in net.

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
GaryU

Is Gramma a butterfly goalie??

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 09:56 AM
not dominator

Toes up!