Gods knows were hoping for it, but it'll be yet another let down from this team as they cant give their fans ANY satisfaction and will end up going on an illtimed winning streak just long enough to blow their chances at a top pick.
Great game by Markanen guys, if your coach is smart, you'd ride him the rest of the year.
Yeah...ummm...I don't think you've been following the general trend here. The goal isn't to win, it's to get a high pick. I think Markkanen is a better goaltender than Dunham right now, but if I'm the Rag$, I play with an empty net. Hard to win that way (unless you are playing the Pens).
its time for the annual "too little too late" march towards ruining our draft position.
Amen to that. It's about time for that late season "get-some-points-to-finish-9th-in-East" comedy.
And while on the subject of Marek....nah, I could say "I told you so" and that we _again_ overpaid for damaged goods but I won't bother. Instead, please someone make my day a bit happier and remind me of the few "good" trades Sather has pulled here with the Rangers. I'll give him Jagr...for now, until he retires because of a repeated groin injury...but someone enlighten me on all the other "steals" that have made this team oh-so-better-than-ever. Could we have done any worse just holding on to the talent we had instead of trading it for the talent that was ?
so....why is alex kovalev still a ranger? did sather go over his long distance minutes and is afraid of a big bill? :/
Well, I'm starting to think that if I were another GM in the league and I saw the way Kovalev has played over the past month that maybe he wouldn't be my first option when looking for a top two line player. Detroit obviously didn't make him their first option. Maybe until he's one of the only options left will the Rangers be able to deal him.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers had trouble unloading any of these players at this point (save Leetch :mad: ) as other GMs might be looking for better options. It's almost certain that none of the guys we want rid of are in the top two or three players available at their positions.
Maybe the way any rebuild will happen is if the Rangers let these guys go at the end of the year and go younger while signing a couple younger UFA's as role players once the CBA settles out. It's not as good as getting something for these guys but i'd take their leave of the team as enough of a positive at this point.
BTW just for sh!ts and giggles, I'd like to see a line of Rucinsky-Kovie-Jagr. What the hell. Moving Kovie to center couldn't hurt anything.
The game was what the game was. However,
1. Messier still is getting more ice time than Lundmark, who is still on the 4th
2. Hlavac is still skating on the top 2 lines
3. Saw WAY too much of Leetch & Poti together.
4. Why on Earth do you play only 3 lines in the 3rd? You have no realistic chance at the playoffs, why is it necessary to bench Lundmark and Ortmeyer in the 3rd period? Seems to me they are the ONLY forwards who would benefit from more ice tme for the rest of the year.
5. Poti STILL has not gotten in through his thick skull that quick wristers from the point are MUCH more effective than the whole winding up for a big slapshot (which is frequently blocked).
6. I LOVE the way Tyutin (while certainly not a punishing hitter, he has beenWAY more physical than I thought. Someone taught him a thing or 2 about positinal play in Hartford. Better than our usual defensemen.) has looked so far. But can we please stop w/ the franchise defenseman talk? The kid is 20. Let's let him develop w/o putting on him the type of pressure that comes w/ that type of tag.
7. 3 minutes to go in the game. Game is tied 1-1. Messier leads a rush up the ice. He gets through the zone and as he takes a step past the blue-line, he decides that it is time for his pattented behind the back, through the legs back pass. Off course it gets picked off (as it almost always does). And off course, the Preds rush back down the ice and get several good scoring chances. Way to set the example of solid north-west play, Captain.
Ted Green the "wise-old owl", huh? Nice to neglect to say that his ONLY purpose is to report to Jackass via walkie-talkie, which he was caught doing on camara.
that Sather's waiting until teams start to pay-up for players - which oviously may never come to pass. The Wings chose to get a centerman; one that's under contract next season and seasons to come (possible insurance on Yzerman). If that was their goal, then it wasn't just a matter of picking Lang over Kovalev as the two are in two totally different situations.