HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposals last night at 110%

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2004, 08:21 AM
HABitude

vCash: 500
Trade proposals last night at 110%

Last night was a funny one. The debaters were playing Bob Gainey's role. :p
It was Bob Perron, Bob Gagnon, Bob Rinfret, and the other one from Journal de Montréal.

Perron's proposal: Ryan Smith for Hainsey, Hossa and Ward or whatever (maybe including Komisarek)
Gagnon's proposal: Antoine Vermette and a 3rd pick for Rivet and a 2nd pick
Bozo Rinfret : Lindros for a pick (or whatever the price seemed cheap)
The other one from Journal de Montréal: Chris Simon for Hainsey and a 2nd pick (or whatever the price seemed cheap)

I don't quite remember all the proposals, I should have pick a pensil to note them. That was entertaining. It was funny because for the first time I could see what these guys would do if they were Bob (or a GM). Please someone correct the proposals because I'm not sure of the exact deals they exposed.

Old
02-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Traitor8

Bon Rinfret, Bob Gagnon, Bob Perron and Bob Dufaux

That was terrible! they gave all our youngster away!

Rinfret:
1)Jeff O'Neil, Rob Brind'amour, Sean Hill for Hossa,and Rivet I think
I was laughing at that one as O'neil is worth more then the two of them.

2) Eric Linros for a 3rd round pick ....Not that bad.

Perron:
1) Ryan Smyth for Hossa,Hainsey,Ward ...I think that's way too much but Gagnon kept saying that the players u gave up are useless! and I was like
They mentionned that Lowe Was interested in Mike Komisarek.

Gagnon:
1) Antoine Vermette, 3rd round pick for Craig Rivet and 2nd.
I personnally don't see a reason to do that and Rivet to Sens isn't a good idea.

DuFaux:
1)Ryan Smyth for Richard Zednik and a 2nd round pick
I was like what was he thinking? The point is to get another scorer, not to replace one...

2)Chris Simon for Ron Hainsey! That's when I started laughing..a soon to be UFA... who has lost his edge in the last couple of years for a bluechip defenseman..GEEZ!

Old
02-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
All I can say is....thank god these guys are nowhere near the GM job for the Habs.

Simon for Hainsey. I mean c'mon. You can get so much more than Chris freakin' Simon for Hainsey even if you are looking to dump Hainsey.

Also, Brind'Amour and Hill have said to Rutherford they don't want to be moved out of Carolina.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:05 AM
RE-HABS

Simon couldn't have been given away last year and all of a sudden he is worth Hainsey, 110% is a not a hockey show it is a show of idiots.

You don't think the Oilers would make a trade for Ward, Hossa and Hainsey or Komisarek for Smyth? Kevin Lowe couldn't sign it fast enough, and now these idiots are saying these prospects are useless...there ideas and comments are useless.

EDIT* Plus who trades to your conference rival down the road? Rivet to Ottawa would haunt us some how, these guys are trully clueless.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Physical HABuse

Props to you boys making comments about these trades cuz I agree 110%. You all make valuable points......I am still shocked at how ridiculous these trades sound. Talk about selling the future. How can the future be useless? Not only do most of these guys give away great prspects, or trade with a conference rival but many of them are giving too much away numbers-wise ala Rejean Houle. It's what got us in trouble a few years back. You destroy the depth on your team....and just fleece it of talent.

I said it before and I'll say it again.....this team will not win the cup this year.....but they are my team and I am enjoying watching them compete and fight for that playoff spot....and ultimately the cup. That's made me feel closer to this team than any other Habs team in the last few years except 2002 when they beat Boston. Be patient and the talent in the youngsterrs will catch up to their heart and we will be contenders in a few years. At least....that's what I feel and hope.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:32 AM
RE-HABS

I seriously think that these guys want us to be losers so they can keep on dis-ing any coach, GM and player that will be here. They know what sells, conterversy, scandels and other BS. That is why they want us to get rid of the prospects and good vets in Koivu and Rivet, they know the future is bright and that there is going to be less for them to do in berating this team.

A consistant playoff team and potential standings leader is in the makings here if management does it right, the boys at 110% are terrified it is going to happen.

Old
02-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

These guys have no clue about today's game. They never made their homeworks before making the retarded comments they make on a nightly basis. They have no idea who is in the minors, what player's worth what, the other teams' needs or players for that matter. They are completely disconnected from the game's reality. The success of their show got to their heads. No wonder why people think they're clowns. Their opinions isn't to be taken with a grain of salt, it's to be laughed at out loud. Those proposals are so ridiculous it's not even funny. What a bunch of idiots. And they dare criticizing Gainey and Savard after making such moronic proposals.

Old
02-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Brett38

Don't trade our youth!!
Wait until a few years before coming to any conclusions on these guys. I would rather go into the playoffs as is then give up our prospects. We'll only be better in three or four years if we keep them. I truly think we are a little bit surprised by our results this year...not that I'm complaining, I love it. Maybe with these guys we can surprise a team and give them the a hard time. I would like to get a big power Forward, but not at any cost.

Old
02-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
I'm really glad I don't get this crap here in Nova Scotia, and if I do, I'm glad I haven't found it.

This show is useless, they guys on it have no knowledge on the sport and are just trying to start controversy for ratings.

Last edited by Carbonneau: 02-28-2004 at 10:48 AM.
Old
02-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Gagnon:
I personnally don't see a reason to do that and Rivet to Sens isn't a good idea.
I would do this one. I like Vermette. But I would wait until the off-season.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Corey

Les Aveugles prove they are also Les Décérébrates.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I like the Lindros proposal.

Old
02-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Physical HABuse

Although the Lindros proposal sounds best and most appropriate of all of those trades......Bob McKenzie should get credit for suggesting it or hinting at it, a few days ago....not a 110%.

Old
02-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Cariboux

This reminds me of the dream that I've done last night : The Habs traded Craig Rivet against Brian Sutherby

Old
02-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Mackee

Quote:
Chris Simon for Ron Hainsey!

I thought I had heard it all from the clowns...

Old
02-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Mathletic

Old
02-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Bon Rinfret, Bob Gagnon, Bob Perron and Bob Dufaux

That was terrible! they gave all our youngster away!

Rinfret:
1)Jeff O'Neil, Rob Brind'amour, Sean Hill for Hossa,and Rivet I think
I was laughing at that one as O'neil is worth more then the two of them.

2) Eric Linros for a 3rd round pick ....Not that bad.

Perron:
1) Ryan Smyth for Hossa,Hainsey,Ward ...I think that's way too much but Gagnon kept saying that the players u gave up are useless! and I was like
They mentionned that Lowe Was interested in Mike Komisarek.

Gagnon:

DuFaux:
1)Ryan Smyth for Richard Zednik and a 2nd round pick
I was like what was he thinking? The point is to get another scorer, not to replace one...

2)Chris Simon for Ron Hainsey! That's when I started laughing..a soon to be UFA... who has lost his edge in the last couple of years for a bluechip defenseman..GEEZ!
While I agree with sime of the points made I do think that some of those are legitimit packages. Zednik and 2nd for Ryan Smyth I would do in a hearth beat. Zednik is uni-dimensional, he does not pass the puck at all and will remain a 45-50pt guy the rest of is career. Ryan Smyth a a character guy he is physical and is playmaking skills are just as good as is shooting game.

Closed Thread