Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks l 10/28 l 10 ET l NESN/TSN

Old
10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsmaniya View Post
I find it a little strange Jack Edwards talks at all his color commentary is atrocious at best; thought that was Brickley's job

haha so true. My uncle was saying that Edwards is trying too hard to be Mr. Personality this year, and I couldn't agree more. He tries to be funny all the time. We need Dale back.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Johnnyduke

Thought I'd inject some more positive information without starting a new thread...

*The Bruins have now played six road games, compared to just three home games. The combined record of those six opponents is 29-13-6. The B's are 3-1-2 in these games. One regulation road loss in six games is very respectable.

If you break it down by record, the B's have faced seven teams with over .500 W/L records (not counting OT/SO losses):

@COL
@MIN
@MTL
PIT
@BUF
TOR
@EDM

*So, five of the seven were on the road and the B's went 2-2-3. Again, that's very respectable. All three "ties" ended in shootout losses. The shootout is a farce and not indicative of a team's play.

*The team has rebounded nicely from the loss to Toronto and being down 2-0 to Atlanta. I'd actually say the B's deserve a better fate than their 4-2-3 record. Given this tough early schedule, I don't know how you can't be encouraged.

Johnnyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Jeff6582

C'mon boys! win for my Mom, it's her bday today!

Jeff6582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:24 PM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
I want to settle this goaltender thing as soon as possible even if that results in a 50/50 work load with neither goaltender out shinning the other , or (best case scenario) both beginning to play outstanding.

With that said......

I'd still can't see not starting TT. You gotta think of the points, and ride the wave of a "hot" goaltender with a team playing much improved hockey in front of him.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Hawgood_38
Season Tix since '97

If they split the next 2, I'd take finishing the month at 5-3-3 when only 3 of those games were at home. Did any other team have such a difficult start to the season?

To answer my own question from above, only Carolina will finish the month with fewer home games, playing 2 of 9 at their place. And only Vancouver has a similar schedule to Boston, playing 3 of 11 at home in October. Tough way to start the season in respect to playing in your own barn, but as is typcially stated when we talk about the B's starting on the road because of the circus, it gives the guys a lot of team bonding time. Hopefully our boys can use it to their advantage, take a few more points these next 2 games and return home to play 8 of 13 in the Gahden in November and take control of the Northeast!

Last edited by Hawgood_38: 10-28-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Hawgood_38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Shinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
It has nothing to do with the nucks, we have a bit of a goalie duel going on right now.
May the least crappy goalie win.

Not sure how much of the game I'll catch, but hope they have another win and put on a show for Milk!

Go B's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
I understand that Thomas played just last night, but how do you not start a guy coming off a shutout win? Maybe it is much harder to travel after an overtime game, but I'm sure Thomas believes he can do it. The other guys on the ice have to as well. I don't like starting MFMF. Not tonight. Next game.

With that said, go BRUINS! I think they can pull this one off.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:31 PM
DaStinger
My Precious!

vCash: 477
Send a message via MSN to DaStinger
Go Bruins, hope Timmah gets the start, he deserves it.

DaStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

The only advantage for me with the 10 p.m. start is I will be home from work by then. I missed some of the earlier road games because of work. I may need to substitute coffee for beer tonight. The beer was putting me to sleep last night.

Personally, I'd save Timmy for Calgary. I have no logic for that choice at all either.

It'd be nice to see Sobotka play in a game during the road trip.

Go Bruins! Score more than once tonight, if Luongo will allow you to.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:35 PM
milk

Send a message via MSN to milk
Oh I looked on the Canucks forum and apparently the Giants are going to go to the game tonight to give Lucic a Memorial Cup win from 2007 because his previous one got stolen. I think that's an awesome thing that they're doing for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhounds View Post
Don't forget, you have to bring back a souvenir for each and every one of us on the Bruins board.
I'll take some good photos. There will be lots of space since most of the fans will be too busy watching the guys on the other side

milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:38 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Lucic with the Gordie Howe hat trick in his return to his old stomping grounds. 5-2 Bruins win. Much rejoice and baby making back home in Boston.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:39 PM
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
Oh I looked on the Canucks forum and apparently the Giants are going to go to the game tonight to give Lucic a Memorial Cup win from 2007 because his previous one got stolen. I think that's an awesome thing that they're doing for him.

I'll take some good photos. There will be lots of space since most of the fans will be too busy watching the guys on the other side
I just saw that ( and you're response) on the Nuck GDT. I hope it's right - there's no linky on it...

10-28-2008, 02:46 PM
PhiltheThrill81*

For everyone who is saying Thomas deserves to start, we all know that but its the fact that you are never going to find out if Manny Fernandez can do the same after watching Timmay do it.

That is the reason you play MFMF tonight, to see if he can raise up and be a competator and match Thomas. If he can't it the battle will be over and Thomas would have won the #1 role.

I know a lot of you love to hate on Manny but you gotta give the guy a fair shot, i.e. more than 4 games, to prove if he can or can't be a #1.

PhiltheThrill81* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Corp

i'm a little nervous about tonight's game. with the way we've made backup goalies look as good as luongo, i dunno what we're gonna be able to do with the real thing in net

that said i will remain mostly optimistic

it's gonna be a late game tonight too. i really like playing the northwestern teams, we haven't seen them much in past years with the scheduling, however all these late starts are really gonna kill me at work this week.

Corp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:42 PM
bruinsfan46

Should be a good game tonight. I'm worried about scoring on Luongo. I think Timmy should get the start again. Also you guys are a bunch of babies whining about the late start.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:43 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder2theCup View Post
For everyone who is saying Thomas deserves to start, we all know that but its the fact that you are never going to find out if Manny Fernandez can do the same after watching Timmay do it.

That is the reason you play MFMF tonight, to see if he can raise up and be a competator and match Thomas. If he can't it the battle will be over and Thomas would have won the #1 role.

I know a lot of you love to hate on Manny but you gotta give the guy a fair shot, i.e. more than 4 games, to prove if he can or can't be a #1.
The only problem with that is if he comes in and sucks tonight, no one on this board will ever want him to start another game.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:46 PM
milk

Send a message via MSN to milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by FONZIE View Post
I just saw that ( and you're response) on the Nuck GDT. I hope it's right - there's no linky on it...
Now there is
http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=389084

milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
The only problem with that is if he comes in and sucks tonight, no one on this board will ever want him to start another game.
Some of us like winning far far too much.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:47 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by FONZIE View Post
bostonbruins.com, According to Bish they will give him a new one.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Hawgood_38
Season Tix since '97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
so, what, the handful of people left here who want to see Manny play would switch over?

Personally, I do think this is getting close to the decision point and this is definitely the time to see what kind of stones Manny has. Does he step up and earn his keep or wilt under the pressure? I do hope he steps up and plays great. Him playing poorly does ZERO for this team. Him playing like a #1 not only will mean more W's for us, but would also increase his trade value if we were to think about moving him around the deadline.

Go Manny!

Old
10-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Hawgood_38
Season Tix since '97

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
bostonbruins.com, According to Bish they will give him a new one.
And according to Bish, only Sobotka, Kobasew, Hunwick and Manny took this ice this morning. Guess we're going with last night's lineup, though Julien did say he likes to keep guys on their toes and has made gametime lineup changes.

Old
10-28-2008, 03:57 PM
jahbrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
haha so true. My uncle was saying that Edwards is trying too hard to be Mr. Personality this year, and I couldn't agree more. He tries to be funny all the time. We need Dale back.
Dale was completely awful. He could never figure out what was going on in the game so he'd always be blabbering on saying things like "oh, I thought this happened" while ignoring the play at hand. Jack's not perfect but I am so happy Dale is gone, he added no insight at all to the game.

jahbrations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Hawgood_38
Season Tix since '97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahbrations View Post
Dale was completely awful. He could never figure out what was going on in the game so he'd always be blabbering on saying things like "oh, I thought this happened" while ignoring the play at hand. Jack's not perfect but I am so happy Dale is gone, he added no insight at all to the game.
But neither have to keep correctly themselves or searching through their notes as much as Kathryn Tappen. Eye candy is nice and all, but can't we get someone who can pronounce the opposing goalie's name? Ugh

Old
10-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Milan Lucic

Dale >>> Jack

Thanks for your time

I hope Thomas plays tonight. You can always throw Manny in net on Thursday...ride Thomas while he's hot (sounds creepy, but you know what I mean).

Milan Lucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:04 PM
icyblue

hub says it looks like it's Timmy starting tonight
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...like_thom.html

Does that mean Manny's going against the Flames (I'm going to that game)?

icyblue is offline   Reply With Quote