HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings interested in nabbing Oniel?

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 11:08 AM
punchy1

vCash: 500
Kings interested in nabbing Oniel?

"The Bruins and Kings are talking to Carolina about O'Neill. It's believed the Canes would like LW Sergei Samsonov in return."

This is on the trade rumours page by the always great officeglen. If you have a look it says that if the B's are interested in Samsonov that it would rule us out.
It is a Garrioch rumour which means it is rubbish but, I thought I would post it anyways as we have yet to really talk about this one.

Any thoughts?

Old
02-29-2004, 11:23 AM
No One

It would depend on what Rutherford wants, and I would guess he would want quite a bit to send JO our way.

So who do we have that is one the level as Samsanov? Or what package could DT offer up that Carolina would agree to?

I do not see it happening for the Kings. Do not get me wrong, I think O'Neill is the type of forward we need, however the cost to acquire him may be too much in terms of picks/prospects.

From what I have seen from the kids, I am leaning more and more towards hoping that DT does not make a move, and just see what happens with our $22 million ($22,103,800) active roster.

Old
02-29-2004, 11:34 AM
punchy1

I agree totally. The plus would be getting a replacement for Deader (sad) in us dealing for him.

The minus would be us moving some of our great young talent in the mix and it seems that when given a chance, that lots of them are good enough for the NHL. There will certainly be the ones who don't make it but why move any of the ones that will?

It would take allot to get him and I don't know if it would make us overall any better. Having him would be very nice but if you poke about the Canes roster you can see that they need him as well. Say hello to the fliers next player.

I would say that Oniel for Gange and a prospect would do the job.(providing the prospect is a good one)

Old
02-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Plan 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by No One
I would guess he would want quite a bit to send JO our way.
Good guess.

Closed Thread