HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott - Cbj - Min

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-28-2008, 10:14 PM
  #26
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
CBJ- Filatov and a first for Spezza? I don't think they'd get off that easy.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 10:21 PM
  #27
Ghills23
Registered User
 
Ghills23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambllllle View Post
But Spezza is the real deal. There's no risk there
If Spezza such a real deal why is he getting thrown around in so many deals.

I agree with you that Spezza is the real deal and is arguably a top 10 forward in the league. But do the Sens really need a goalie that bad that they are willing to part ways with one of the best young centers in the game?

Ghills23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 10:38 PM
  #28
Asquaredx2
Registered User
 
Asquaredx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury23 View Post
If Spezza such a real deal why is he getting thrown around in so many deals.

I agree with you that Spezza is the real deal and is arguably a top 10 forward in the league. But do the Sens really need a goalie that bad that they are willing to part ways with one of the best young centers in the game?
Nope.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 10:43 PM
  #29
Circulartheory
@danccchan
 
Circulartheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 5,027
vCash: 500
Minny gets screwed

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 09:29 PM
  #30
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Minnesota gets fleeced (Backstrom and 1st for Filatov) and Columbus runs away chuckling (1st for Spezza). This implies that Filatov has more worth in the NHL than Jason Spezza. Bad Proposal.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 09:59 PM
  #31
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotleburritotime View Post
I wouldn't trade Brassard for Spezza straight up at this point. Brassard looks like the real deal already.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:13 PM
  #32
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury23 View Post
But do the Sens really need a goalie that bad that they are willing to part ways with one of the best young centers in the game?
No. We just need the Gerber experiment to officially gasp it's last breath. He's not a #1 goalie, never was, never will be. Murray's relationship with him isn't as fetish-esque as Crawford-Cloutier... but there's really no excuse why it has lasted this long. After that, maybe we run with Auld, Elliott steps up, Khabibulin?, Backstrom?, Roloson? Lots of choices out there, few should involve Spezza's name.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:24 PM
  #33
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
No. We just need the Gerber experiment to officially gasp it's last breath. He's not a #1 goalie, never was, never will be. Murray's relationship with him isn't as fetish-esque as Crawford-Cloutier... but there's really no excuse why it has lasted this long. After that, maybe we run with Auld, Elliott steps up, Khabibulin?, Backstrom?, Roloson? Lots of choices out there, few should involve Spezza's name.
No to any spezza trade. He's not available, never was, probably won't be until his contract is up.

Secondly, Gerber is Muckler's guy, not Murray's. He's already said he tried to trade him last year and really the only reason why Gerber is the #1 guy right now (ACtually, Auld is probably the #1 now) is because there is no one else. There have been no good fits for this hockey team.

a ufa goalie and 2 first round picks makes Ottawa a worse team now and in the future.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:59 AM
  #34
mikey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
I'd be wary of getting ANY goalie from Minn, mainly because his numbers will be greatly inflated because of the trap style they have. We wait for someone else. Like that guy in vancouver.

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:54 AM
  #35
jmor
Sens and Jets
 
jmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury23 View Post
If Spezza such a real deal why is he getting thrown around in so many deals.

I agree with you that Spezza is the real deal and is arguably a top 10 forward in the league. But do the Sens really need a goalie that bad that they are willing to part ways with one of the best young centers in the game?
he's not... it's only becuase of ottawas slow start, it has nothing to do with him. He's not being traded, especially for a few firsts and a impending UFA tender

jmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 03:31 AM
  #36
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambllllle View Post
But Spezza is the real deal. There's no risk there
I never said he wasn't. I'm a big Brass fan therefore I wouldn't trade him for Spezza straight up. Why was that a face palm for other posters? It was my personal opinion because I love Brassard being on he team.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 08:22 AM
  #37
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW
 
Neil Patrick Harris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotleburritotime View Post
I never said he wasn't. I'm a big Brass fan therefore I wouldn't trade him for Spezza straight up. Why was that a face palm for other posters? It was my personal opinion because I love Brassard being on he team.
It's the way you stated it in your post. You wouldn't trade Brassard for Spezza because Brassard is looking like the real deal, but we all know Spezza is the real deal. It seemed like you thought Spezza was not the real deal.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 07:41 PM
  #38
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Patrick Harris View Post
It's the way you stated it in your post. You wouldn't trade Brassard for Spezza because Brassard is looking like the real deal, but we all know Spezza is the real deal. It seemed like you thought Spezza was not the real deal.
I see, my fault at not stating it the way I meant it, I apologize.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 08:11 PM
  #39
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,184
vCash: 500
Why is Minn in this deal when they dont have to. At least Brassard or Vorachuck goes to Minn in this or Leclaire and a pick OR
TAKE OUT MINN they have nothing to do in this deal

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.