Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

HNIC on NASN cancelled?

Old
10-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Westlander
the olden time

vCash: 500
HNIC on NASN cancelled?

I don't know if this has already been talked about (I didn't find it after doing a search), but it seems as though NASN no longer shows the Hockey Night in Canada double header either live or in a Sunday replay. There seem to be a couple of random games each Sat-Sun (from VS or Fox) broadcast in place of them. This is pretty disappointing since (for myself at least) HNIC is basically the reason why I have the channel!

I'm not sure why they've made this change, but I've sent a complaint email and would encourage others who feel the same way to do so as well.

http://www.nasn.com/content/nasn/por...tent/contactus

Cheers,
WL

Westlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Iceraider

Quite a few people I know have written letter or sent emails and none of them have received replies. I'm pretty sure that there was no HNIC at the beginning of last season either. Hopefully when the baseball finishes it will be back. Personally I'm not too bothered, while I like HNIC and it is without a doubt the best presented of all the hockey shows (TSN is right up there though too) it is quite nice not having to watch the leafs every saturday and get a bit of variety in the teams they show. Verses coverage is awful though

Iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Westlander
the olden time

Well, I haven't recieved any reply either, crappy treatment from a crappy company. I heard that NASN has apparently been taken over by ESPN and that the channel will be renamed ESPN America in the new year. That would explain why they have all but abolished broadcasts of two Canadian teams playing each other, but also cancelled CFL football, presumably in favour of US oriented programming. It's disappointing, but I suppose I'll just have to look into online download options now.

Old
11-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Iceraider

--Hockey Fans, CBCs Hockey Night in Canada (HNIC) will return to NASN at some point in the near future. Because of circumstances beyond our control, we cannot release the exact date, but rest assured, HNIC will be back in our program schedules for a majority of this season and beyond. --

Taken from NASN website.

Iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Westlander
the olden time

I saw that as well on another messageboard, thanks. Hopefully it will actually be back on in the 'near future.'