HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Devils Trail Toronto 3-0

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2004, 07:26 PM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Devils Trail Toronto 3-0

Good news I would say? I mean, I'd rather both teams lost, if possible, but obviously not. I think the more space we can create between us and Jersey the better, which will give us 1,2 or 3 come playoff time.

With the OTL loss today, and a Jersey loss (hopefully) it'll shape up:

Pts. Games Remaining
Philly 84 16
Jersey 78 18

Still a lot of games to go, but I'm liking the idea of the Devils not picking up points consistantly.

Old
02-28-2004, 07:39 PM
MudShark

I agree, I think it's much more important to stay ahead of the Devils than worry about #1 in the east.

I don't think the Flyers want another 4-5 playoff matchup.

Old
02-28-2004, 08:00 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 842
The other thing to think about is not finishing third in the conference even with a division win. Ottawa (or Toronto or Boston) and Tampa Bay could be 1-2. Imagine a 3-6 Flyers-Devils first round match up?

Old
02-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Steve L*

I hate this situation, its so not natural wanting the Leafs to win!

Rafalski looks like he injured his leg bad. They are now getting Flyer luck too.

Old
02-28-2004, 08:09 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
The other thing to think about is not finishing third in the conference even with a division win. Ottawa (or Toronto or Boston) and Tampa Bay could be 1-2. Imagine a 3-6 Flyers-Devils first round match up?
I would and wouldn't mind a first round matchup with the Devils. I say no, because I fear the Devils as a Flyers fan, but I say yes because my motto is Fly by the best, Die by the best. I'd rather not see a cake walk cup trip, just because good hockey (as a fan of the game) is fun to watch.

Old
02-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudShark
I agree, I think it's much more important to stay ahead of the Devils than worry about #1 in the east.

I don't think the Flyers want another 4-5 playoff matchup.
Agreed. At this point, winning the division is all that matters, if the #1 seed comes along with it, then great. Besides, the Leafs have their own divison to worry about, they might be the 4th seed when it's said and done.

Old
02-28-2004, 08:14 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
I would and wouldn't mind a first round matchup with the Devils. I say no, because I fear the Devils as a Flyers fan, but I say yes because my motto is Fly by the best, Die by the best. I'd rather not see a cake walk cup trip, just because good hockey (as a fan of the game) is fun to watch.
I agree. The only thing is a great first round series last season against Toronto led to an injured Eric Desjardins and was a major factor in losing to Ottawa.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:04 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

i'd love to have a first round series against new jersey--because we would beat them. Well even if we don't I want to find out how good this team is right away, if we can't beat the devils, why wait another round or two to find out. This team would be so confident and would have amazing support from the fans if the Flyers could take out their archrivals.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:28 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
i'd love to have a first round series against new jersey--because we would beat them. Well even if we don't I want to find out how good this team is right away, if we can't beat the devils, why wait another round or two to find out. This team would be so confident and would have amazing support from the fans if the Flyers could take out their archrivals.
Hell yeah, if we kicked the crap out of the Devils in round one, they'd be Flying high. My other concern is, which team are you more afraid of, Jersey or Ottawa? I guess I'll start a thread with a poll, just for the heck of it.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:46 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L

Rafalski looks like he injured his leg bad. They are now getting Flyer luck too.
....according to Sportsnet Rafalski has a broken leg.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:58 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Hell yeah, if we kicked the crap out of the Devils in round one, they'd be Flying high. My other concern is, which team are you more afraid of, Jersey or Ottawa? I guess I'll start a thread with a poll, just for the heck of it.
I don't know how far you go back but I remember the last day of the 1988-89 regular season when the Flyers pulled their goalie against Pittsburgh in OT because they needed to win to avoid playing Washington in the first round. What did that say? Anyway, the Flyers lost to Pittsburgh that game, played Washington and beat them in the first round before eventually losing to Montreal in the semis.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:03 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:

If Rafalski's injury is bad they will put the full court press to get Gonchar. and like us when we overpaid to get Oates, you might see the same thing here. without 2 of there top defenseman for a long period of time? i think Washington just may ask for Hale,Parise ect.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:09 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
If Rafalski's injury is bad they will put the full court press to get Gonchar. and like us when we overpaid to get Oates, you might see the same thing here. without 2 of there top defenseman for a long period of time? i think Washington just may ask for Hale,Parise ect.
But they won't get it.

And by the way Gionta is playing of late that might be a compliment to Zach Parise.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Brad*

Quote:

I know it's hard to root for the Leafs, but they're the lesser of the two evils.

Old
02-29-2004, 01:17 AM
adurn

Don't worry, they're still just playing possum. Losing Rafalski was just part of the plan.

Old
02-29-2004, 07:13 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
I'm liking the idea of the Devils not picking up points consistantly.
Brodeur may be the best goalie in the NHL, but they have not been the same team since captain Stevens went out with a concussion.

And the Rafalski injury will not help things for them, either.

Closed Thread